TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW -- Arrowverse

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW -- Arrowverse

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
What makes anyone think Berlanti can deliver a good superhero show anymore? His CW shows have been cratering over the last two years in quality. Batwoman is a direct result of the CW's executives wanting a LGBT superhero front and center. They were the ones that pushed Supergirl into being a vehicle for SJW themes, which absolutely ruined the show.
Welp.. He's a got a hand in the DC Universe shows and most think these are better than the CW shows. Yet, there is still plenty of SJW, LGBT, and Girl Power stuff in those shows with more to come.
Old 06-28-19, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Clearly I'm just biting the bait of a troll, but for the dozenth time... having issues with terrible writing is not the same as not having a decent sense of equality.
Nor does thinking Berlanti is a terrible writer infer in any way that someone is anti-girl power or anti-SJW.
So yes, the fact that you continue to attempt to name call anyone who has a problem with Berlanti's writing as someone who is both anti-SJW and anti-Girl Power... makes you come off as nothing more than a troll.
Especially when said people have continually pointed out they have no problem with the SJW & Girl Power themes, they have a problem with the hack writing and the lack of focus on a good story.

Why is your line of thought that anyone who dislikes Berlanti's writing... must be a bigot? Why do you seemingly think it's some kind of an attack against humanity to say the writing is bad?
Old 06-28-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Koby
Clearly I'm just biting the bait of a troll, but for the dozenth time... having issues with terrible writing is not the same as not having a decent sense of equality.
Nor does thinking Berlanti is a terrible writer infer in any way that someone is anti-girl power or anti-SJW.
So yes, the fact that you continue to attempt to name call anyone who has a problem with Berlanti's writing as someone who is both anti-SJW and anti-Girl Power... makes you come off as nothing more than a troll.
Especially when said people have continually pointed out they have no problem with the SJW & Girl Power themes, they have a problem with the hack writing and the lack of focus on a good story.

Why is your line of thought that anyone who dislikes Berlanti's writing... must be a bigot? Why do you seemingly think it's some kind of an attack against humanity to say the writing is bad?
Keep calling me a troll all you want. I never called you anything. You're making shit up.

Look.. Here is what I posted because clearly you didn't read it or if you did, you got HEmotional and lost your focus..:

I swear, I'm starting to really hate the *males*/Incels in Fandom. Over the weekend was seeing sooo much pre-hate for this show based on how Ruby/Batwoman is perceived as "full of herself" or "too girl Power". When does it end fellas? Why does a woman being pro female stop bothering you? This is textbook "Toxic Masculinity"

Nowhere in that did I address the show's writing or people who have a problem specifically with the show's writing. No, it was the responses from Robin, Starseed, and eventually your own cosigning their opinions that took it down that road.

I was focused on people who specifically do have issues with Ruby/Batwoman expressing her "Girl power". As I said, I spent the weekend reading posts from men calling out "girl power" like its a bad thing or threatening thing. Men shitting on a show they haven't watched because they feel the main character should be more humble and less confident. Huh? Why? Don't you want your Heroes confident? That kind let's me know they have some serious woman issues. This shit actually goes back to Supergirl. I remember males here crying about "too much Girl Power" in that show as well. If you're threatened by "girl power' check you Masculinity.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-01-19 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-28-19, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Keep calling me a troll all you want. I never called you anything. You're making shit up.

Nowhere in that did I address the show's writing or people who have a problem specifically with the show's writing. No, it was the responses from Robin, Starseed, and eventually your own cosigning their opinions that took it down that road.

I was focused on people who specifically do have issues with Ruby/Batwoman expressing her "Girl power". As I said, I spent the weekend reading posts from men calling out "girl power" like its a bad thing or threatening thing. Men shitting on a show they haven't watched because they feel the main character should be more humble and less confident. Huh? Why? Don't you want your Heroes confident? That kind let's me know they have some serious woman issues. This shit actually goes back to Supergirl. I remember males here crying about "too much Girl Power" in that show as well. If you're threatened by "girl power' check you Masculinity.
And all of us have said that it basically boils down to the shitty writing and people feeling that after three seasons of Supergirl going down the shitter because it appeared to be written by Gloria Steinem, and that awful cringe worthy trailer that people rightfully believe that this will be more of the same crap. Why you can't get that I don't know.

Old 06-29-19, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

Look.. Here is what I posted because clearly you didn't read it of if you did, you got HEmotional and lost your focus..:

Really now? Every time someone has commented saying they thought the writing sucked, you jump in to call them a bigoted woman hating anti-SJW. But I'm the one making things up, eh?

You go on to say I'm "HEmotional" for mentioning that my dislike of bad writing has nothing to do with what you claim it does... but again this is me just making stuff up?

You go on to say I cosigned the biggotry by saying I disliked bad writing... but again this is just me making stuff up?

Seriously man, either you're really trying to troll while claiming you're not, or you have a severe inability to understand the written word because what you're saying doesn't add up to anything that has actually been said in this topic.

Again saying I'm somehow a anti-woman/anti-SJW bigot just because I think Berlanti is a terrible writer, is just plain lunacy.

Just because someone dislikes something you love, doesn't make them a terrible person.

If I said I disliked tacos(I actually love tacos though), that doesn't somehow infer I hate Mexicans. Yet the logic you're implying here follows this train of thought. "He hates the writing on Supergirl, he must hate women".

Last edited by Koby; 06-29-19 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-30-19, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I don't think Berlanti is a bad producer, but his deal with DC television badly overstretched his production house. They simply gave him too many shows to produce and the creative talent drain has been apparent for a couple years. Supergirl fell apart when the budget got slashed moving from CBS to the CW.
Old 06-30-19, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Look at how many shows Greg Berlanti produces that are airing or will air:

Arrow
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Titans
Doom Patrol
Stargirl
Blindspot
Riverdale
God Friended Me
All American
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Black Lightning
You
Katy Keene
Prodigal Son
and of course Batwoman

He is by no means a shitty or hack Producer. You don't get that many shows on the air for being a hack. There are so many showrunners working and non-working who probably don't have half the creative insight/judgement that he has.

He's a talented guy and knows stuff that people want to watch and that's why he has so many shows on the air and a very lucrative deal with Warner Bros. If anything as Phantom says the talent pool that he has available to work on his shows is stretched really thin.

We all have different opinions on shows that we find entertaining. Yeah he's made some stumbles with his writers on Supergirl, but I don't think he's been having his writers rub it in our faces with his personal beliefs.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-30-19 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-30-19, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Definitely the talent is spread too thin.

Black Lighting is a good example of this- the first season (and maybe the beginning of the second) was quite good and then it had a sharp decline towards the end of the 2nd.
Old 06-30-19, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Black Lighting started great and is still great in my opinion. One of the best hero shows out.
Old 10-03-19, 11:22 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

<iframe width="690" height="388" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UajKZHBjukY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-03-19, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Can't wait!
Old 10-10-19, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Rachel Maddow is voicing VESPER FAIRCHILD.
She was at one time a love interest for Bruce Wayne until she was murder.

https://batman-news.com/2019/10/04/r...ddow-batwoman/
Old 10-10-19, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by will travel
Rachel Maddow is voicing VESPER FAIRCHILD.
She was at one time a love interest for Bruce Wayne until she was murder.

https://batman-news.com/2019/10/04/r...ddow-batwoman/

Saw Dudebros in DC Groups losing their fuckin' minds over this casting