Reload this Page >

The Outpost (CW) -- EP: Devlin, Glassner -- premieres 7/10/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Outpost (CW) -- EP: Devlin, Glassner -- premieres 7/10/18

Old 09-16-19, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 320 Likes on 274 Posts
Re: The Outpost (CW) -- EP: Devlin, Glassner -- premieres 7/10/18

This show has been plugging along fairly well in season two. The producers did reset many of the relationships from season one and went in a darker direction than expected with certain characters.

It's a fine summer show if you enjoy vaguely medieval fantasy adventure - think Legend of the Seeker. I have noticed they've toned down the t&a from season one.
Old 11-05-20, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I must be the only one here watching The Outpost but its third season is currently airing on the CW, starting a couple weeks ago. The show remains a fun take on a medieval setting mixed with fantasy elements. The budget does seem to have gotten cut for season three, as fewer monsters have been appearing in season 3.

Feels like a solid throwback to '90s syndicated television. Shows like Hercules and Xena.
Old 11-22-20, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love this show and where they are taking it this season. Of course, i liked Hercules and Xena, too. 🤷 They have already ordered 13 more episodes, initially saying it would be a continuation of Season 3, but now it looks like it will be listed as season 4 in 2021 ( maybe earlier in the year than usual). It does terrible in the ratings, but it is cheap to produce and air fillers are needed during these times. It just moved to Sunday night.

Wonder why they killed off the Mistress last season.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (11-27-20)
Old 11-27-20, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The new barmaid actress has some of the funniest facial reactions. She plays the wide-eyed ingenue to perfection.
Old 12-06-20, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
The new barmaid actress has some of the funniest facial reactions. She plays the wide-eyed ingenue to perfection.
And she has great taste in men! 😅

PhantomStranger (12-07-20)
Old 03-08-21, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just discovered that all three seasons of The Outpost so far have been put out on Blu-ray in the UK. You need a region-free player, they are locked to Region B from all reports.
Old 10-10-21, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sadly, The Outpost was canceled by the CW. I thought season three was great and a fine end to the series. It ended how I wanted. I enjoyed how they expanded the mythology with the "masters" and the black bloods' heritage.
Old 10-13-21, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hated to see it end. They wrapped it up nicely. At least they were able to give it a satisfying ending, rather than leave it hanging, which happens with so many series.

I found Janzo very annoying this season, but enjoyed everyone else. A good storyline... it explained Talon's heritage and connected everything back to the beginning of the series.
PhantomStranger (10-14-21)
Old 10-14-21, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by leeta View Post
I hated to see it end. They wrapped it up nicely. At least they were able to give it a satisfying ending, rather than leave it hanging, which happens with so many series.

I found Janzo very annoying this season, but enjoyed everyone else. A good storyline... it explained Talon's heritage and connected everything back to the beginning of the series.
Totally agree, Janzo was super annoying in S. 3 and his crazy idea of saving 313's entire race while everyone else was fighting for their lives was ridiculous. In a harder hitting show, Janzo would have been killed over that decision.

I'm hoping Jessica Green (Talon) finds work on another show. Maybe one of the superhero shows or something.