Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wu Assassins (Netflix) -- Martial Arts series starring Iko Uwais -- premieres 8/8/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wu Assassins (Netflix) -- Martial Arts series starring Iko Uwais -- premieres 8/8/19

Old 08-08-19, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Wu Assassins (Netflix) -- Martial Arts series starring Iko Uwais -- premieres 8/8/19

I just noticed this. I swear, so many new shows, can't keep up.

Plenty to binge while I'm recovering from back surgery.
Old 08-08-19, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Wu Assassins (Netflix) -- Martial Arts series starring Iko Uwais -- premieres 8/8/19

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Has there been a Netflix show where that wasn't the case?
The Joel McHale Show and that flash-in-the -pan political comedienne had weekly shows. Some foreign shows, -like that re-make of "Designated Survivor", -had weekly episodes.
Old 08-08-19, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Added to the queue.
Old 08-08-19, 12:47 PM

If they don't go around attacking bachelorette parties I'll be greatly disappointed!
Old 08-08-19, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watched the 1st episode this morning. Clunky dialogue and bizarre, supernatural plot but the fight scenes are OUTSTANDING.

Will continue the ride for sure....
Old 08-08-19, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guess I'll be checking this one out.

Last edited by Koby; 08-09-19 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-09-19, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got about half way through the 1st episode. Acting is horrible and shitty EFX. The fights were good, but not enough to force me to get through the rest of it. Out
Old 08-09-19, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sat down to watch some yesterday and next thing I knew I had watched 6 episodes.

The FX in ep1 with the knife in the hand looked really bad, but otherwise the FX has been pretty good. I haven't had any problem with the acting itself.

Kind of funny one of the main characters here was actually in Into The Badlands though considering I saw people comparing the two.

I have to say though, between the two this one seems to be much better, but if anything I'd compare it to Netflix's Marvel's Iron Fist in a lot of ways... and say that it does better the aspects people had issues with on that show.
Old 08-14-19, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Like 4 episodes in. Pretty bad. Fight scenes are good but poorly edited.

The rest, the acting is bad, the script is laughable, the casting is so-so, the lead doesn't have a good command of English, I'm having difficulty understanding him.

I think with a decent script and a bigger budget it could have had potential. Too many good things to watch. Going to bail here.
Old 08-15-19, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I started it, and I think I might bail as well. The acting is pretty bad. The fight scenes are pretty good, but I'm not sure it's worth sticking through the rest. Maybe I'll come back to it later.
Old 08-15-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still enjoying it even with the terrible script, wooden acting, and just about the worst soundtrack I've ever been subjected to. To be honest the groan-inducing writing makes it fun to watch as following the so-called storyline is a lesson in what happens when bad ideas are fed into a script generator and then put through Google translate. I'm sticking around for the fight scenes, Lawrence Kao stealing every scene that he's in as Tommy, and Katheryn Winnick although she really should ask her agent to get her on a show where she doesn't get physically wrecked in every episode.
Old 08-15-19, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope it gets the second season the ending teased.