DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   I'm Sorry (TruTV) -- created by and starring Andrea Savage (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/644477-im-sorry-trutv-created-starring-andrea-savage.html)

TGM 06-27-18 06:06 PM

I'm Sorry (TruTV) -- created by and starring Andrea Savage

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...5,1000_AL_.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_rZeoAeS0MY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Created by and starring Andrea Savage (Veep, Episodes, Sleeping with Other People), this half-hour scripted series follows seemingly confident comedy writer, wife and mom Andrea (played by Savage), who comically exposes her inner immaturity and neuroses through unexpected life situations. This season, Andrea lands herself in new cringeworthy scenarios as she questions her theoretical market value as a prostitute, learns the downsides to having a child that can read, and discovers that comedy bits can sometimes go too far. Through it all, she is joined by her husband Mike (Tom Everett Scott), their inquisitive daughter Amelia (Olive Petrucci), and her divorced parents (Kathy Baker and Martin Mull).
any fans? seriously one of the funniest shows to come out in years, especially if you have kids. extra points for Andrea Savage being a milf. Also, Rafi from The League is in this as essentially the same guy... a bit toned down, but still hilarious.

you can watch all of season 1's episodes here... I suggest the explicit versions.

https://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/im-sorry/index.html

season 2 is filming now.

Trevor 06-27-18 07:15 PM

re: I'm Sorry (TruTV) -- created by and starring Andrea Savage

I gave it 6 minutes. You’re 0-1 TGM, I’m keeping score.

Inhumans99 06-28-18 10:30 AM

I watched all of Season 1 when it aired and enjoyed but it is very easy to see why this show might not be someone's cup of tea.

At first I thought this was a bump for the premiere of season 2.

fumanstan 06-28-18 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13361583)
Also, Rafi from The League is in this as essentially the same guy... a bit toned down, but still hilarious.

Ugh, I've hated his characters, both on The League and Brooklyn 99.

JackoOnHisBacko 06-28-18 02:42 PM

I like it, but I have missed several episodes. I also agree about Andrea being a total milf... at least physically - some of her character's behaviors I don't find very attractive.

whotony 07-01-18 12:11 AM

I loved it.

I wish these shows like this had a longer season.

13 or 15 eps would be better.

Officer Cartman 07-02-18 11:32 AM

Solid show, but now that Comcast dropped TruTV from my subscription, I'll have to figure out another way to watch it once Season 2 airs.

dex14 01-09-19 03:16 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rFhQmj6GX70" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm Sorry returns January 9, 2019.

truTV has announced the season two premiere date for its highly anticipated - and completely unapologetic - comedy series I'm Sorry from creator and writer Andrea Savage (Veep, Episodes, Sleeping with Other People). Hailed by critics as "brazenly funny" and "razor-sharp," the scripted series follows seemingly confident and together comedy writer, wife and mom Andrea (played by Savage), who comically exposes her inner immaturity and neuroses as life throws situations no one could have prepared her for. This season, Andrea lands herself in new cringeworthy scenarios as she questions her theoretical market value as a prostitute, learns the downsides to having a child that can read, and discovers that comedy bits can sometimes go too far. Through it all, she is joined by her husband Mike (Tom Everett Scott), their inquisitive daughter Amelia (Olive Petrucci), and her divorced parents (Kathy Baker and Martin Mull). Joining the cast in guest-starring roles for the series' second season are Adam Scott (Big Little Lies), Lennon Parham (Playing House), June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie), Scott Aukerman (Comedy Bang! Bang!), Rob Huebel(Transparent), Anne Ramsay (Mad About You), Kurt Braunohler (Bob's Burgers), Rose Mclver (iZombie), Brian Stepanek(Green Book) and Rich Eisen (The Rich Eisen Show). Returning guest stars include Jason Mantzoukas (Brooklyn 99), Gary Anthony Williams (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Allison Tolman (Fargo), Eugene Cordero (Tacoma FD), Jamie Kaler (My Boys), Paul Scheer (Veep), Kulap Vilaysack (Bajillion Dollar Propertie$) and Steve Zissis (Togetherness).

DWilson 01-09-19 04:32 PM

Re: I'm Sorry (TruTV) -- created by and starring Andrea Savage

If they're still editing this for the cable broadcast (now that standards have "loosened up" on most channels), I'll watch the "explicit" version that's available "On Demand".

Coral 01-09-19 05:00 PM

Andrea Savage is hot.

I enjoyed S1 for the most part - will watch S2.

whotony 01-18-19 06:26 PM

Season 2 hasn’t clicked for me yet.
Savage seems different, Looks a little different.

TGM 01-18-19 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13483328)
Season 2 hasn’t clicked for me yet.
Savage seems different, Looks a little different.

still some very funny parts but I feel she is hamming it up a bit too much... maybe trying too hard in this second season.

whotony 01-18-19 10:06 PM

Definitely hamming it up.
way too “smiley facey”

I think she lost a little weight and had a tad bit of work done on her face.

dex14 06-18-19 10:23 AM

Renewed: https://deadline.com/2019/06/andrea-...pyBPLRITtcWSuk

TGM 06-18-19 10:27 AM

excellent news.

s3 needs more Mantzoukas

jpcamb 06-18-19 12:43 PM

Im not entirely sure why I finished season 2 but I did, does anyone else get the impression Savage is just playing herself and hanging out with her would be insufferable? I enjoy Tom Everett Scott, Martin Mull and her mom (Picket Fences) but the kid is just awful with the lisp or whatever and she seems to act like a baby despite being a little older....

TGM 06-18-19 01:05 PM

the kid might be the worst child actor on TV.

but I find this show hilarious. S2 was not as good as S1 and I feel Savage is more "self aware" and mugging more for the camera this season than last. She also clearly has started to work out and has a smoking body which I feel she is writing in scenarios purely to show it off. not that I'm complaining.

DJariya 08-25-20 11:14 PM

https://deadline.com/2020/08/andrea-...ds-1203022722/

Cancelled due to coronavirus concerns by TBS.

Apparently the entire third season was written and they were two weeks into filming when the pandemic hit. Story says it caught Savage and the entire crew off guard. I wonder if Netflix would be interested since they have the off air streaming rights. However I really don’t know how popular this show is. I never hear anyone talk about it. And look here, 18 comments going into season 3.

DJariya 08-25-20 11:54 PM

Savage just released this 5 minutes plus video explaining what happened.

TBS actually cancelled it, not Tru TV. She says they passed on paying all the new Covid production protocol costs. The network said it was too expensive.

And also if you’re not aware, AT&T, which owns TBS, has been cutting costs because they are billions in debt.

DWilson 08-26-20 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13795334)

Savage just released this 5 minutes plus video explaining what happened.

TBS actually cancelled it, not Tru TV. She says they passed on paying all the new Covid production protocol costs. The network said it was too expensive.

And also if you’re not aware, AT&T, which owns TBS, has been cutting costs because they are billions in debt.

Now I get it (the added "protocol" costs). In some ways that's similar to some older actors who can't get work because they can't get insurance covering COVID.

BDB 08-31-20 06:05 PM

Just finished this show, and really really loved it. Sad that there's not a third season.

TGM 08-31-20 07:40 PM

gutted

Coral 08-31-20 10:40 PM

Sucks it's not getting another season. It's not an amazing show, but it has it's share of funny episodes and scenes.

Going to miss Andrea Savage even more... she's sexy as fuck.

Michael Corvin 09-01-20 11:37 AM

Fuck. Discovered this show last year. Easily my favorite new show. I've been looking forward to S3 forever. I even considered starting over again the other night figuring S3 had to be around the corner. This is a bummer.

emanon 08-17-21 12:31 PM

FYI - this is being pulled from Netflix on Sept 12th. We started a re-watch of it over the weekend.