TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Westworld (S2E10) -- Season Finale -- "The Passenger" -- 6/24/18

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-18, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Re: Westworld (S2E10) -- Season Finale -- "The Passenger" -- 6/24/18

Originally Posted by fumanstan
What don't you like? I liked most of the reveals in the last episode.
I disliked almost everything. It's just too silly for me. The Forge, Robot heaven, the Passenger, humans on loops. Utter nonsense.
Old 07-08-18, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 206 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
I disliked almost everything. It's just too silly for me. The Forge, Robot heaven, the Passenger, humans on loops. Utter nonsense.
1) Some of your previous comments border on thread crapping.
2) A lot of the stuff you had issues with are typical storylines and concepts in science fiction. If you don't care for that kind of stuff , I can only surmise you aren't that big into the genre.
Old 01-26-19, 12:32 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts

Retro thanks to everyone in these Westworld episode threads. I binged both seasons the past couple weeks, and enjoyed the discussions in these twenty threads after each episode or three.

Felt like season two was a bit too convulted for it’s own sake, but it was still entertaining television overall, and I’ll be back for season three. Enjoyed season one more, but s2e8 was perhaps my favorite of the whole series so far.
Old 01-28-19, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just caught up with season two. That finale was an unmitigated disaster. I'm not sure how something like that makes this show accessible to anyone. Yikes. Just yikes.
Old 01-28-19, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,002 Likes on 1,550 Posts

Ha, I binged it a couple of weeks ago as well (both seasons). The main problem I had with season 2 is that it seemed like they just made stuff up as they went along. Clearly, we were supposed to think that Bernard just came to the beach from the party despite the timegap (I think they even had a champagne glass, which they removed from later flashbacks, on the beach with him). It's like they filmed the first episode with a bunch of mysteries, didn't have any idea what the end game was, and went from there to fill in the mystery boxes. Like what was up with the detour into Samurai land (though it was cool, I'm not sure what the hell was gained from that diversion)? They stockpiled these weapons and then just left them somewhere? What was up with Dolores and the man in black teaming up for all of five minutes? Why in the world were they so afraid that Anthony Hopkins would blow up his toys in season one, that they made this huge key, when all of this stuff was stored in the Forge anyway and he could have blown that up without the key? Like what was the purpose of even making/using the key? Why did Valkyrie have to secure it BEFORE they sent in more help?
Old 02-17-19, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 846 Likes on 556 Posts

Finally caught up on season 2 after amazon put the Blu-ray on sale for $15. This season was just all over the place.
The whole time I struggled to find a likeable character. The Delores scenes just make everything grind to a halt. When she changed Teddy and then seemed to regret the decision I even said out loud, ugh typical broad.
The super Maeve story was of zero interest especially the trip to Shogun world. Did she honestly think her daughter would just be living alone all this time?
The Bernard stuff is ok thanks to Jeffery Wright. The only story I really give a shit about anymore is William. I’m really excited to see where that goes. I’m not looking forward to Blade Runner Westworld though.
Old 02-17-19, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

My problem is that the writers, instead of just telling their story, will change things in their story if people guess ahead of time what is going to happen. When you do that, you end up just making shit up. They should have had a very clear cut plan and went through with it, regardless of what the internet geniuses figure out.
Old 05-28-19, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 291 Likes on 183 Posts

I did a search, so I apologize if I missed the thread...but a teaser for season 3 (starring Aaron Paul, had no idea) was released a week ago

Old 05-28-19, 08:10 AM

Received 4,636 Likes on 3,138 Posts

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/61...oilers]-5.html