Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Westworld (S2E09) -- "Vanishing Point" -- 6/17/18

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-18, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Westworld (S2E09) -- "Vanishing Point" -- 6/17/18

I don’t believe William is a host. Unless he is the beginning of the human replacements and his design is more discrete.

Could go either way.
Old 06-19-18, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
William isn't a host. It's a psychosis. Somewhere along the line he got the idea in his head that he might be a host. At the party we see him rubbing his right arm. At first he probably was able to shrug it off, but over time it's gotten worse. Part of his paranoid psychological makeup that's making him think everybody is Ford.
Yeah my thought is he was hoping he was a host so he could blame Ford for Emily's murder. Then again, if anyone was going to be put into a host body, William would be the best candidate since he's been to the park the most times.
Old 06-19-18, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by stingo
Yeah my thought is he was hoping he was a host so he could blame Ford for Emily's murder. Then again, if anyone was going to be put into a host body, William would be the best candidate since he's been to the park the most times.
It goes back further than that. At least as far back as when the wife committed suicide. Probably everybody with intimate knowledge of the hosts has wondered at one time, "I could be a host and not know it." But they are psychologically stable and shrug it off. Just as everybody who's seen The Matrix has thought, "Maybe we're in a matrix". It crosses your mind then you move on with life. With some people a thought/suggestion can take root and they increasing dwell/obsess about it. Howard Hughes and his germaphobia for example.

William has gotten to the point he has to know for sure. He has to know right now this second. Being stranded in the middle of nowhere he has no recourse but to cut open his arm. The only thing that will reassure him he's not a host is to see for himself.

It is possible William died and was put in a host with no memory of it. Maybe he got killed at some point in Westworld. The father-in-law didn't know he had died and was now a in a host body. It would have to have been recently since hosts don't age.

Hadn't thought of this until now. The term "host" I've associated with host vs guest. Maybe "host" refers to host body for a real person's consciousness.
Old 06-19-18, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatlander
I think he was scanned in an earlier episode where he and Hale returned to the bunker in the earlier timeline prior to them finding him on the beach and they were both scanned and it showed he cleared.
If you're referring to when Bernard was allowed to enter the door, it only confirmed his DNA, not that he was human.
Old 06-19-18, 05:53 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Some great work here from Ed Harris.

And even better from Sela Ward, especially just jumping in.
Old 06-19-18, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sela looked great, some shocking scenes in this ep....
Old 06-20-18, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Sela looked great, some shocking scenes in this ep....
This show has gotten very predictable.
I still enjoyed the episode, but it's like they are feeding audiance like babies... Hey, the point of the story right now is that both MIB and Dolores are frikkin monsters who just lost all that they love because of their insane plan, did you figure that out yet?
Old 06-20-18, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Luds
This show has gotten very predictable.
I still enjoyed the episode, but it's like they are feeding audiance like babies... Hey, the point of the story right now is that both MIB and Dolores are frikkin monsters who just lost all that they love because of their insane plan, did you figure that out yet?
Don't worry...it was a FILLER EP. Nothing important or revealing happening here...
Old 06-20-18, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Don't worry...it was a FILLER EP. Nothing important or revealing happening here...
Hey I'm cool with FILLER eps like last week, since it was good.