Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-09-18, 07:32 PM   #1

Fear the Walking Dead (S4E08) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "No One's Gone" -- 6/10/18

Quote:
"Fear the Walking Dead" Season 4 mid-season finale airs on Sunday, June 10th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the all-new episode, "No One's Gone," Madison fights to preserve the life she worked so hard to build, while Morgan tries to do the right thing.
Old 06-09-18, 09:54 PM   #2
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E08) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "No One's Gone" -- 6/10/18

Prepare to be disappointed.

Not a spoiler, just a guaranteed future result based on past performance.
Old 06-10-18, 04:04 PM   #3
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E08) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "No One's Gone" -- 6/10/18

I mean, at this point the episode title should be "No one cares" but hey, I guess I'll still watch it cause that's what we do in our search for torturing ourselves.
Old 06-11-18, 01:43 AM   #4
DVD Talk Legend

What a truly wretched piece of television. Nothing about any of their incredibly long and boring stories made any sense.

It felt like the episode would never end. I hated every minute of it.

It was a total clusterf*ck. They even managed to take the joy out of Madison's phony death.
Old 06-11-18, 05:47 AM   #5
Banned

They should create something new now, watching zombies since my childhood
Old 06-11-18, 09:24 AM   #6
DVD Talk Hero

Gees. Another big main dead.

So the “Clarks” went from 5 to 1.
Old 06-11-18, 10:35 AM   #7
DVD Talk Special Edition

This franchise and monologues. I just zone out when characters drone on and on about their little speeches. Holy fuck. Nobody cares.

Annoying Madison is finally gone and they've replaced her with annoying Morgan and annoying Al.

The multiple timeline thing just gets on my nerves.
Old 06-11-18, 10:47 AM   #8
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
This franchise and monologues. I just zone out when characters drone on and on about their little speeches. Holy fuck. Nobody cares.

Annoying Madison is finally gone and they've replaced her with annoying Morgan and annoying Al.

No more alternate timelines in season B

I really like John Dorie. So...there’s that.
Old 06-11-18, 10:55 AM   #9
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post

Pretty clear the only purpose in Al is to allow the show to monologue story they are too incompetent to film. What a total cop out. TWD is really missing out by not just having Rick read the comic out loud on a sound stage. What a bunch of saps!

And even with the characters narrating what was being shown on screen it was still a completely unintelligible mess. I’m not even sure how that is possible.
Old 06-11-18, 11:38 AM   #10
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not so sure Madison is gone... I mean they didn't actually show her getting bit or anything that I saw anyways. Probably leaving us to believe she's gone only for her to appear in the second half at some point. -_-
Old 06-11-18, 11:41 AM   #11
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Pretty clear the only purpose in Al is to allow the show to monologue story they are too incompetent to film. What a total cop out.
Yep, it's a cheap and easy narrative device. BRB zombie apocalypse and making home movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I'm not so sure Madison is gone... I mean they didn't actually show her getting bit or anything that I saw anyways. Probably leaving us to believe she's gone only for her to appear in the second half at some point. -_-
If they do this I'm probably done. And this is totally the type of POS show to pull something like that.
Old 06-11-18, 12:28 PM   #12
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

According to Talking Dead and other press, Madison is dead.
Old 06-11-18, 06:01 PM   #13
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

i mean, didn't we have the same shit happen with Ruben Blades' Daniel character? In a fire, no less.
Old 06-11-18, 06:02 PM   #14
DVD Talk God

I hope she's dead. Start this show fresh. I don't get the hate for the later part of this season. Yeah, the jumping timelines was stupid, but it's so much better than it was in previous seasons.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 06-12-18, 12:26 AM   #15
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I hope she's dead. Start this show fresh.
It is the only reason I will return for the back half of the season. I would feel like a hypocrite if - after calling for Madison's destruction for three years - I finally got it and then tuned out. It also frees me up to root for Alicia's death full time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I don't get the hate for the later part of this season. Yeah, the jumping timelines was stupid, but it's so much better than it was in previous seasons.
Previous seasons were definitely worse, with the show hitting rock bottom in season three. But I actually enjoyed the way the show seemed to be heading for the first 5 or 6 episodes. Yes, the Clark's were still a sick joke but you could feel the show trying to get away from them. But then the last two episodes were just saturated with ridiculous. Maybe this was the appropriate send-off for everything that was terrible about the show to this point. I hope that's the case and the improved parts of this season are all that carry forward.
Old 06-12-18, 07:44 AM   #16

I wasn't watching closely, but was there a dumpster anywhere near Madison? I have trouble with the show killing her off in a fire and her just standing there to let it happen. I really expect them to have her show up down the road at some point. Ugh this episode especially the around the campfire story telling of Madison's death was really awful.
Old 06-12-18, 08:29 AM   #17
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, the even ruined what joy there could have been with Madison's death. Oh well, at least she is gone. If the show continues the same pattern during part 2 of the season, I don't give her daughter long either. The clips for part 2 of the next season it appears they dump the different time line stuff as well. Which makes sense since it was just a way to kill Nick and Madison and still have them appear throughout part 1 of the season.
Old 06-12-18, 11:00 AM   #18
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamb View Post
I wasn't watching closely, but was there a dumpster anywhere near Madison? I have trouble with the show killing her off in a fire and her just standing there to let it happen. I really expect them to have her show up down the road at some point. Ugh this episode especially the around the campfire story telling of Madison's death was really awful.
That's what I thought about Travis since his death was so stupid. Like Hawkeye in Avengers Disassembled level stupid. "Not like this!"

Read Poop Office at http://nakedgrapecomics.com
Old 06-12-18, 04:59 PM   #19
DVD Talk Hero

I just watched the 8 episodes and my reaction is invariably "this is 10 times better than TWD!", so I guess that clouds all the flaws for me.
Old 06-12-18, 11:39 PM   #20
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
[nerd] Most minor league ball parks have their service areas in the grandstand under the bleachers, however the garbage is almost always beyond the outfield fence for logical reasons. Madison was standing at the 407 ft. marker, which means she was likely standing in centerfield (though that doesn't make sense with a gate behind her). What I am saying, if I am saying anything at all, is that, yes she is near the dumpsters. [/ nerd]

It was the first thing I thought.
Old 06-13-18, 10:12 AM   #21
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
I just watched the 8 episodes and my reaction is invariably "this is 10 times better than TWD!", so I guess that clouds all the flaws for me.
If you binged them, I could see the weaknesses of the last two episodes not standing out much.

Read Poop Office at http://nakedgrapecomics.com
Old 06-13-18, 02:19 PM   #22
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
They love killing off the characters in shocking, gruesome fashion. I don't think they would waste the opportunity to do that to Madison if she was gone. It's Dumpster Dive 2.0 for me. She will be back.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 06-13-18, 04:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
They love killing off the characters in shocking, gruesome fashion. I don't think they would waste the opportunity to do that to Madison if she was gone. It's Dumpster Dive 2.0 for me. She will be back.
would not surprise me in the least if she were clearing her schedule for the Deadwood movie and then reprise the role in season 4 like they have done with other characters mysterious disappearances. Ophilia, Ruben Blades, Danny etc
Old 06-13-18, 05:24 PM   #24
DVD Talk Legend

If her return is up in the air, the primary factor for whether Madison returns or not is probably how the second half of the season plays with fans of the show. It's already getting a far better response with far less of the original cast. Doubt they revert back to characters like Madison if the show is doing far better without her.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 06-13-18 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-13-18, 05:56 PM   #25
DVD Talk Legend

If Madison comes back that will be the last second of the show that I watch.