Old 11-14-18, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

How did Natalie win that?
Old 11-14-18, 07:59 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 11-14-18, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Natalie winning was pretty crazy, totally didn't expect that. Props to her and Paulie, I really thought Natalie was a huge weak link. Also, apparently there was a different elimination initially that didn't complete, so they had to play again the next day.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 11-14-18, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
What is there, like one episode left? You can do it!
There is no one I want to watch win. I guess I could live with Cara and Marie, but there is no way they are going to win (unless the finale is a horse riding competition where only one team member has to participate).

There is precedent for my skipping the final episode before. I skipped the finale of the social media all-stars amazing race after the last team I could stand went home in fourth.

In this show I was really only sort of rooting for JB and Tony by default.
Old 11-17-18, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Bananas and Tony were my pick to win the final..... I don't know who is going to win now. I would like to see Cara and Marie win, but there's no way that's going to happen unless it's an all puzzle final... Everyone fought really, really hard in the final elimination. I just can't believe Natalie beat Bananas. They went for over five hours with their arms like that. I would probably cave after twenty minutes....
Old 11-20-18, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I'm not a huge Ashley fan, but it was great to see her take Hunter's share of the money for herself. I guess Hunter and Sara can form a support group now.

The reunion looks to be great.
Old 11-21-18, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

While the competition wasn’t that great. The drama was. Loved seeing Joss and Sylvia crying. 😂. Dummies actually believed them and their word? Ha!
Ballsy move by Smashley. She’s annoying and now I hope she becomes even more hated. Very dirty, but fuck Hunter. He’s a d-bag too.
Not a fan of the edit they gave Ashley to paint her as a victim. She wasn’t perfect to Hunter either.

The reunion should be a fun one.
Old 11-21-18, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s a shame we’ve gone from epic finals to the lame ones now, where the only real excitement is the contrived drama of whether someone will steal all the prize money or not. Ashley deserves credit for 2 wins now but she came along at the perfect time.

And we deserve, as an audience, to know how Ashley even was the “winner” between those two to make that choice. I truly don’t believe Hunter would have made the same move. He was really mean at times but Ashley is one of the most obnoxious people on The Challenge so I cant accept that excuse from her.

Lost in all that drama at the end, was Natalie deciding to break her promise, which probably cost Joss and Sylvia the win. I definitely would have been happier with that outcome.

Maybe I’m just an idiot but I just could never take my partner’s prize money. I was sick when Johnny did it and I was sick again tonight.
Old 11-21-18, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Maybe I’m just an idiot but I just could never take my partner’s prize money. I was sick when Johnny did it and I was sick again tonight.
I was thinking last night and I couldn't think of anyone I know in my life that I would do that to but if I had to be partnered up with a hypothetical person I hated who treated me like shit? I'd strongly consider it. Not that Ashley isn't a huge piece of shit herself but Hunter is enough of a douchebag that I'm not too upset about watching him lose the money.

I would have loved to see Bananas be put in this spot again though. Tony would have killed him right there.
Old 11-21-18, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was crazy. I enjoyed Hunter's meltdown. This final deserves a lower case f, because it was terrible. No puzzles just mainly running and eating. Did they have to start scaling back the finals for insurance reasons? The last two finals have been terrible. The last Champs vs Stars final was better than this final...

Joss and Sylvia should have just stayed on that platform. They would have won if they hadn't had the five minute penalty. If my math was correct, it was less than 40 seconds between first and second place...
Old 11-21-18, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Joss and Sylvia should have just stayed on that platform.
Yeah, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Also for half a million, sorry but I'm not giving that to anyone. I'll gift them 50k or get them a car, 500k is an outrageous amount to give away if you don't have to.

But MTV is dbaggy to even have that decision to make. Really piss poor finals. Two runs and a food challenge. Are they even trying? Their finales used to be epic.
Old 11-21-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
That was crazy. I enjoyed Hunter's meltdown. This final deserves a lower case f, because it was terrible. No puzzles just mainly running and eating. Did they have to start scaling back the finals for insurance reasons? The last two finals have been terrible. The last Champs vs Stars final was better than this final...
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing how the last two finals have been terrible. What happened to all the epic journeys across countries, down rivers, and climbing mountains? So weak.

I hate Ashley, but Hunter has been a huge douche too so I don't know if I can really blame her for taking that money. Ugh, they're both terrible.

I feel bad for Joss/Sylvia, other then Sylvia's alliance they played a safe game throughout and got screwed by that grenade. They would have been the "safe" but boring team to win.
Old 11-21-18, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher
Really piss poor finals. Two runs and a food challenge. Are they even trying? Their finales used to be epic.
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing how the last two finals have been terrible. What happened to all the epic journeys across countries, down rivers, and climbing mountains? So weak.
I remember when a Final used to be a minimum of an episode and a half. Some went on for at least three days too. This final was maybe 24 hours total.
Old 11-21-18, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Really piss poor finals. Two runs and a food challenge. Are they even trying? Their finales used to be epic.
Definitely. 60 total minutes of 'competition' spread out over two days. Sliding down a ladder, 4.5 miles of jogging, and eating some gross stuff that you are allowed to puke up as fast as you swallow it.

What a showcase for the human drama of athletic competition.

Did anyone notice exactly how smAshley finished with a better time than Hunter? That alone makes him a complete moron.
Old 11-21-18, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Definitely. 60 total minutes of 'competition' spread out over two days. Sliding down a ladder, 4.5 miles of jogging, and eating some gross stuff that you are allowed to puke up as fast as you swallow it.

What a showcase for the human drama of athletic competition.

Did anyone notice exactly how smAshley finished with a better time than Hunter? That alone makes him a complete moron.
I agree with everyone here. The final was shit. Just horrible.

And as a comment with the above...what happened to having to keep down the shit you eat? Maybe I am getting it confused with the old Fear Factor or Survivor but I remember watching people puke up stuff and then eat what they puked up if they wanted it to count.

Eating nasty shit and then jut immediately puking isn't eating it. Just like when they have to drink something nasty and let it pour down the sides of their mouth and onto their chest.

I didn't feel like rewinding it to see how Ashley won. Did she finish the race quicker? Did she get off the stand faster? Did she cross those blazing hot and dangerous coals two seconds quicker? Who knows? Looked contrived to me. Hell, dipshit fell off the ladder from the helicopter and probably saved 30 seconds right there. Did he get a penalty for that?

All that being said, I thought it was awesome that Smashley kept the money. Hunter is a massive douchbag and always comes across that way in every episode he has ever been on. So I am going to assume he is a massive douche in real life. And him screaming she was going to burn in hell because she kept the money was classic. What a sweet christian.

Looking forward to the reunion but damn MTV...go back to the old finals. This shit was a cakewalk. Johnny and Tony would have ran away with this one if they had been in it.

And fuck Joss and Sylvia. They gave that money away by taking the easy way out. Have those dumbasses never watched an episode of The Challenge or even Survivor before. Play to win. Period.
Old 11-24-18, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Johnny and Tony would have probably had trouble staying on the platform for long since they are both relatively big guys. The other teams were all guy/girl or girl/girl.
Old 11-24-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I heard that Production cut out a puzzle challenge, because Cara and Marie were really, really far behind after it. They also didn't show a bike challenge during Dirty 30, because Jordan and Camila killed it and were so far ahead of everyone else after it.
Old 11-26-18, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if Natalie doesn't get lost during the run after the helicopter, does their team win? I remember Joss saying something about a 5-minute penalty.

I do agree that this final was a dud though. Maybe it's to compensate for the prize money but walking over coals as the last event seems like a letdown.
Old 11-27-18, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Prepare yourself. The reunion is a 2 parter. At least they're not announcing the winner on it like they did for that one season where Camilla won but wasn't allowed on the show anymore.

I think the CT wedding special probably comes the week after the reunion, but I'm not positive.
Old 11-28-18, 11:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty entertaining Reunion (Part 1, at least :eyeroll Hour just flew by.

Did Hunter really say he isn't racist because he bangs women with his 2 black friends (or something like that?)

I like that Marie was still defending Cara.

Devon is a dumbass. He looks even weaker "bowing up" to Bananas and I'm sure nothing will actually come from it.
Old 11-28-18, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Agree this breezed by quickly.

Hunter is a dumbass, but he is right about Ashley, she is truly vile.
Old 11-28-18, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Was that Kam? What the hell happened to her face?

Devin just needs to STFU already. He makes Johnny look like the good guy.
Old 11-28-18, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Angela
Old 11-28-18, 05:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Agree this breezed by quickly.

Hunter is a dumbass, but he is right about Ashley, she is truly vile.
Hasn't Ashley always been a shitty person? If I remember correctly, she was even worse on her season of Real World. I cant remember if she was kicked off the show or if she replaced one of the other cast members mid-way through. I remember her always fighting with the rest of the cast & coming off as a gold digger, bragging about how much money her bf makes or something along those lines.
Old 11-28-18, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

She was truly a despicable person on her season (half season) of The Real World. I was actually stunned when they brought her in the first time for one of these. I thought she had been banished.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.