TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-18, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Amanda's sense of entitlement rivals Bananas. Like Sylvia was explaining to Marie, looking at the numbers, voting for Cara Maria and Marie was basically their only option without cannibalizing their alliance. Marie was being foolish in thinking the vote wouldn't be coming her way.
They could have easily voted Corey and Devin and nobody would have thought anything of it.
Old 10-10-18, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
They could have easily voted Corey and Devin and nobody would have thought anything of it.
Corey and Devin were part of TYB so it would have been a big issue.
Old 10-10-18, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They just got there. You can frame it as "we've been working together this whole time". Once J&T won, two teams needed to go in anyway.

It was silly to not want to talk to Marie about votes and then be upset at her when you're voting her in. The teams can all vote Corey and Devin and then they can pick CM and Marie. Takes all of the uncertainty out of it.
Old 10-10-18, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As evidenced by Amanda last week, none of the Lavender Ladies nor TYB were willing to choose ANYONE in their alliance. So as a result none of them were ever going to vote for Nelson's best friend over Cara Maria even if he just got there. Probably even less so since he just got there.
Old 10-12-18, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I almost expected that one of the alliance members would vote for someone other then Cara and Marie so they couldn't pick them in the elimination, but I guess that would have looked bad.

I really hate Ashley. She talks big to Marie, but she's also the one that's cried on every challenge and quit on one, so saying to the cameras that Marie should "man up" or whatever is kind of ridiculous.
Old 10-12-18, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah Ashley is way more of a mess than Marie emotionally however she is a far better competitor when it comes down to it.
Old 10-12-18, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh definitely, Ashley can certainly back it up.
Old 10-17-18, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Was happy to see #caramarie fight their way back in to the house and win. Same with Paulie and Natalie

So, i'm pretty sure they had to tell Kyle to ease up on poor Natalie, right? I mean he was really spinning her around there.

Nelson is living in the 2018 Century!

Previews for next week look exciting.
Old 10-17-18, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

This was actually a pretty eventful episode. Glad to see things are taking a swing back in the other direction alliance-wise. Should bring some intrigue back into the game again.
Old 10-17-18, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Kyle just gassed out. He has steroid gym muscles now. I don't think he has much strength or stamina.

One thing I hate is when guys feel the need to interject themselves in an argument between a woman and a man. I understand it when it is physically threatening or if the dude is being intimidating but to me, she is perfectly capable of arguing her point. Just because she is arguing with a male doesn't mean another male needs to come in and "save" her or "defend her". Ugh has always bugged me because that is basically saying women are too weak and fragile to argue or defend their position verbally so now the big strong man has to take charge. Fuck off with that nonsense.
Old 10-17-18, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I'm just surprised Marie and Natalie won something. They're usually doomed as soon as they enter the arena. Good job by both of them. Killer Kam finally loses an elimination on the regular Challenge.
Old 10-19-18, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm really digging this Cara Maria and Marie friendship. Even their little #caramarie thing was cute.

Really surprised Kyle/Brad lost that one when it looked like Natalie had no shot doing anything in there at the start.
Old 10-23-18, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm no fan of John Devenanzio, but he walked away from that multiple times, and Devin kept asking for it...so he got it. Go cry in the corner.
Old 10-23-18, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

This season started not long after the 4th of July. If we're lucky it'll be over before Thanksgiving. And I thought Big Brother had long seasons...
Old 10-23-18, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm no fan of John Devenanzio, but he walked away from that multiple times, and Devin kept asking for it...so he got it. Go cry in the corner.
Totally agree with you. I’m a really mellow person but I could totally see myself snapping after so much provocation and Johnny was honestly remorseful (a first for him?) because he was apologizing in his confessionals.
Old 10-24-18, 12:15 AM

Agreed.

TJ cackling during the trivia was also fun to see.

Last edited by boogieman03; 10-24-18 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-24-18, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Totally agree with you. I’m a really mellow person but I could totally see myself snapping after so much provocation and Johnny was honestly remorseful (a first for him?) because he was apologizing in his confessionals.
Originally Posted by boogieman03
Agreed.

TJ cackling during the trivia was also fun to see.
Agreed with you all. I was afraid I was going to be the jerk that felt this way, but when someone pesters you repeatedly it's hard not to go for a low blow like that. I wish Johnny was more honest about it the next day rather then waiting for the interview room to say something, but Devin should have a little self reflection on his own responsibility to that kind of drama.

And Cory is an idiot. I'm impressed that Tony was able to step away from that without a bigger fight.
Old 10-24-18, 07:18 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Who put a nickel in Joss?
Old 10-24-18, 12:44 PM

Who put a nickel in joss?!
Old 10-24-18, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Getting kicked off over a disagreement about pasta..... The Young Buck Alliance is full of idiots, that's why they haven't won a Challenge. I agree that Bananas snapped. Devin just wouldn't stop pestering him and I think Devin got what he deserved....
Old 10-24-18, 02:40 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone who lost their dad a recently (less than a month ago) I feel for Devin and I am sorry for his loss and for Johnny's cheap shot. However FU Devin for being the dick you are and going after him repeatedly. I would have snapped long before JB did. I also feel like Devin is trying to use his dad's passing as an excuse to be an a$$.

This kind of BS shouldn't be tolerated from either of them and its just another example of how shitty people can be in general and how mass media uses it for ratings.

And Cory WTF - he slipped gimme a break. That was a heck of a nice take down though. And I love when dumbass Devin finally realized his idiot teammate did that on purpose and there was no defending any further.
Old 10-24-18, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Funny seeing the comments here regarding Bananas versus social media and other fan sites. Most of the people on those sites are condemning Bananas and saying he crossed a line that should never be crossed and anyone defending him is a piece of garbage.
Old 10-24-18, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think most people would agree that Johnny crossed a line. But it's easy to say that you would never say something like that, but probably another when someone actually follows you around for an hour looking for a fight.
Old 10-24-18, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Devin says what they didn't show was Bananas going around calling Nelson and them "retards" BEFORE which is what set Devin off and why he was so riled up and kept bothering him. I guess that is something he has called numerous cast members but somehow it never airs. Since multiple cast members have relatives with special needs and considering Bananas is supposed a spokesman for the Special Olympics and is his charity of choice, it has caused a lot of fights in the house.
Old 10-24-18, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't really care what Johnny said, Devin followed Johnny around the house acting like an obnoxious twat. Don't want to get your feelings hurt, don't poke the bear. Cory is also a total moron POS tool. Could've easily given Tony a concussion with that takedown on whatever hard surface that was.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.