Old 09-12-18, 04:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

bleh. ct out, im done
Old 09-12-18, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

I don't see how the finale is getting close unless a bunch of teams are disqualified due to fights and injuries. There are still 8-9 teams left. This season may run through November. BTW the new season is supposed to start filming in October and the theme is
Spoiler:
Fresh Meat I think it's going to be Vets teamed with rookies.
I haven't heard anything about a new season of Champs vs. Stars. I wonder if the CT Wedding Special will be taking its place.
Old 09-12-18, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The trailer was misleading, the finale is still weeks away.

Champs vs Stars is on hold for now from what I have heard.

CT Wedding special will only be a one off special not a whole series from what I have read previously.
Old 09-12-18, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Champs v Stars should just be killed. Dilutes the brand, not as good as regular seasons.

This season is a good example of if ain't broke, don't fix it. Show has always been competitions first, house drama second (along with good eye candy). This season for no good reason they flip it. Way too much house stuff, not enough competitions and most of the eye candy left on day one because producers are idiots.
Old 09-19-18, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Amanda is an awful, awful person.
Like rotten to the core.
Old 09-19-18, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Really liked the challenge last night, but it's getting harder and harder to sit through all of the shit.

What team are we supposed to root for? They all have at least one horrible person on them.
Old 09-19-18, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Amanda is an awful, awful person.
Like rotten to the core.
As true as that is, I still maintain that when you do chisel down into that core you will find Ashley.
Old 09-20-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At this rate Jozea and Da'Vonne might be the most likeable team. Maybe Joss and Syvila more for Joss than "Lavender Lady" Sylvia. Amanda is back to being like how she was on Are You The One?. She was terrible on that show and she had toned it down some on The Challenge until this episode.
Old 09-20-18, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Would your opinion of Joss change if you knew that he dumped a bucket of water onto Cara Maria from a balcony while she was below talking to someone which in turn added to the tension and fight that was shown?
Old 09-20-18, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Would your opinion of Joss change if you knew that he dumped a bucket of water onto Cara Maria from a balcony while she was below talking to someone which in turn added to the tension and fight that was shown?
Well.. they should have shown that then... Jozea and Da'Vonne it is.
Old 09-20-18, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They should show a lot of things that they don't.

Like for instance Marie getting really pissed at Ashley and tossing her across the room in anger. Apparently she also headbutted someone this season that they didn't show. But since they already kicked people off for basically doing the same thing they didn't show it because then people would know how hypocritical they are depending on who is involved.

Oh and the reason Kyle had his hand wrapped a few episodes ago? Was because he was mad at Cara Maria who confronted him about sleeping with Faith and she wouldn't accept his excuses so he punched a wall near her.

These things already happened but they chose not to show them so they aren't spoilers.
Old 09-20-18, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They also re-ordered the fight. The scenes they showed of Amanda and co trashing Cara that editing showed to precipitate the fight were actually from after Cara came into the room and yelled at them.
Old 09-26-18, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode last night. Shane and Nelson pulled off a big move by eliminating Brad and Kyle. I thought both the elimination challenge and the regular challenge were pretty well done. I don't get how they didn't pay any attention to the writing on the cage..... I hope they bring back the up for 24 plus hours challenge they did a few years ago.
Old 10-03-18, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Amanda truly is a horrible person. I don't know how anyone spends a moment in a room with her without running out screaming.

Not a smart move for Zack money-wise but at this point, he would probably pay a million dollars just to be done with the game and away from Amanda.

The funny thing about that challenge is, if Tony and Johnny would have stepped up and done the challenge, they would have easily beaten Corey and Devin and Jozea and Davonne. Then Tony wouldn't be in as bad a predicament. They would have beaten C&D and been able to pick another team they didn't want and C&D would probably have beaten them. Or the other team would have kept C&D out.

But I guess you never want to go into a challenge if you don't have to.
Old 10-03-18, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Zack and Amanda are idiots, flip a coin, rock paper scissor it, do something to make a compromise.

The last two episodes, the two most dominating teams have been eliminated.

I'm not sure which team I am rooting for now, Da'Vonne and Jozea (though I hated Jozea on the Stars challenge) were probably the most decent people as a team, but I have a limited view of them. I guess Corey and Devin, are they actually decent humans?

It will be fun if Bananas and Tony can start picking off the other teams, I do think they are the best team remaining.
Old 10-03-18, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
\
The funny thing about that challenge is, if Tony and Johnny would have stepped up and done the challenge, they would have easily beaten Corey and Devin and Jozea and Davonne. Then Tony wouldn't be in as bad a predicament. They would have beaten C&D and been able to pick another team they didn't want and C&D would probably have beaten them. Or the other team would have kept C&D out.

But I guess you never want to go into a challenge if you don't have to.
I think (hope) if they saw what the challenge actually was, they may have volunteered. But you should never volunteer for a challenge.
Old 10-03-18, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by mh4268
I guess Corey and Devin, are they actually decent humans?
Corey is a dipshit at this game. Looks like he is in great shape but then he typically is poor at stamina and puzzle challenges. Add that his politics in the house is always bad (he paints a target on himself the first chance he gets) and you can see why.

I think he made it to a final three once but it was by sheer luck. And even in that final (which was probably one of the worst finals ever if I remember correctly, he was crummy). He also fucks anything that moves and then treats the girls like shit after.

Devin is just an obnoxious loudmouth blowhard that really brings nothing to the table other than occasional humorous comments. He's not very physical but his politicking is not as good as HE thinks it is. Prepare to hear that he sent Johnny home in a challenge about 20 times an episode.

I do think that C & D are in a good position in the house now. They have several friends in their and if they can knock out Johnny and Tony, they may be the strongest team in there. Which isn't saying much for the teams that remain.
Old 10-03-18, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a feeling Johnny and Tony are going to win the whole thing. I think they can beat anyone left unless it's a puzzle.
Old 10-03-18, 04:02 PM

Man what a wild episode.

Bold move by Zach. Fuck Amanda. I don't really care for Zach, but hate Amanda more.

Another weird elimination that isn't help by the uneven teams.

I had to roll my eyes at Shane's "toxic masculinity" comment.

Tony & Johnny are the strongest competitors left. They should have an advantage in all the remaining competitions.
Old 10-03-18, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Bold move by Zach. Fuck Amanda. I don't really care for Zach, but hate Amanda more.

Another weird elimination that isn't help by the uneven teams.
I didn't used to like Zach, but he seems to have matured some in the last few challenges....or at the least the edit portrays as having matured some. Given the alternative choices he was one of my favorite people in the house this year.

Strange that it was the same card that didn't move for both teams that got eliminated. I wonder if they check that.
Old 10-04-18, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should show a lot of things that they don't.

Like for instance Marie getting really pissed at Ashley and tossing her across the room in anger. Apparently she also headbutted someone this season that they didn't show. But since they already kicked people off for basically doing the same thing they didn't show it because then people would know how hypocritical they are depending on who is involved.

Oh and the reason Kyle had his hand wrapped a few episodes ago? Was because he was mad at Cara Maria who confronted him about sleeping with Faith and she wouldn't accept his excuses so he punched a wall near her.

These things already happened but they chose not to show them so they aren't spoilers.
Curious where this info on cut events is coming from? I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Strange that it was the same card that didn't move for both teams that got eliminated. I wonder if they check that.
Noticed that as well, that one looked to be stuck. They should have put Jozea on that side if it wasn't checked.
Old 10-09-18, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally caught up on the last few episodes. Zach really did seem to mature, sometime between the first break up with Jenna and getting back with her. At least on challenges, he seems to have grown up quite a bit just from the way he's approached things.

Amanda seems like a terrible human being. And yeah, Shane's comment was ridiculous and he's become a huge asshole in the last challenge or two.
Old 10-10-18, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amanda's sense of entitlement rivals Bananas. Like Sylvia was explaining to Marie, looking at the numbers, voting for Cara Maria and Marie was basically their only option without cannibalizing their alliance. Marie was being foolish in thinking the vote wouldn't be coming her way.

So Amanda not understanding that Zach had only 1 team he needed to save and Amanda had 4 PLUS the throwaway vote of Jozea and Da'vonne makes my mind boggle at her lack of compromise and her subsequent outrage at the outcome of her refusal to do so. She was arrogant due to the numbers her alliance had PLUS thinking that she had one of the best male partners in the game so she was sure she would make the final and never have to go in at all.

Zach saying fuck it and choosing his friends over winning and seeing her face frozen in shock and utter confusion that she wasn't going to get her way is one of the best things all season.
Old 10-10-18, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to say that knowing the outcome of all this certainly adds to my viewing of the shows. Because you can pick out things you know will come out to bite people in the ass later as well as looking forward to some comeuppance in some cases.
Old 10-10-18, 02:58 PM

Nice little moment between Marie and Cara Maria. That was maybe the best thing all season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.