TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-18, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

Originally Posted by dex14
It is really shitty how they edit. The cliff hanger is who they vote in but I saw Angela in the clip for next weeks challenge.
I saw that too. I think it's going to be someone random that got multiple "burn" votes. I really enjoyed the challenge this episode, but they really need to speed up the pace. At this rate, this season will still be on the air in 2019.
Old 08-15-18, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Adam is a rapist according to multiple girls on the challenge so it is too bad CT didn't get a hold of him that night.
Where did you hear this?
Old 08-22-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode last night. An elimination, a challenge, and the beginning of another elimination all in one episode. I like the twist that the mercenaries can get into the game if they win. I wouldn't mind seeing Smashley back in the house.

I don't know about Kam's "strategy" last night. She would have gotten both rookie teams into elimination, but it was a Mercenary elimination. She did upset a bunch of people though...

Last edited by lwhy?; 08-22-18 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-22-18, 01:08 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I don't know about Kam's "strategy" last night. She would have gotten both rookie team into elimination, but it was Mercenary elmination. She did upset a bunch of people though...
Her strategy would've worked out if they didn't bring in the mercenaries. She wanted both of the rookie teams to go against each other. But as you said, it pissed off a lot of people, even though she was helping them.
Old 08-22-18, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Where did you hear this?
It is well known among various fan boards and has been confirmed by the parties in person. Jenn being one of them and KellyAnne being another. He raped them while they were blackout drunk or passed out and unable to give consent after being the one to keep plying them with drinks in the first place.

It has been discussed on multiple podcasts by KellyAnne and Jenn alluded to it on a reunion they did saying that he was a scumbag and denied his saying they had sex and that the only way that would happen is if she was blackout drunk...which is what happened but I guess she didn't feel comfortable outright accusing him of rape at that time.

But he did it and he has not been back since Rivals 1 similar to Kenny and Evan.

He was also well known to run around the challenge houses naked and being very creepy to the woman which some took as just drunk crazy fun when it happened, but then when you find out he is raping passed out chicks, those types of actions are put into a different perspective.
Old 08-22-18, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
It is well known among various fan boards and has been confirmed by the parties in person. Jenn being one of them and KellyAnne being another. He raped them while they were blackout drunk or passed out and unable to give consent after being the one to keep plying them with drinks in the first place.

It has been discussed on multiple podcasts by KellyAnne and Jenn alluded to it on a reunion they did saying that he was a scumbag and denied his saying they had sex and that the only way that would happen is if she was blackout drunk...which is what happened but I guess she didn't feel comfortable outright accusing him of rape at that time.

But he did it and he has not been back since Rivals 1 similar to Kenny and Evan.

He was also well known to run around the challenge houses naked and being very creepy to the woman which some took as just drunk crazy fun when it happened, but then when you find out he is raping passed out chicks, those types of actions are put into a different perspective.
Wow, news to me, but he was always a weirdo. I remember his season on Real World & how he wrote his little 'rap' songs. They were hilariously pathetic.
Old 08-22-18, 04:54 PM

Yup here's one!

Old 08-24-18, 03:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Bold moves by Kam. Almost pulled it off. Nice twist by TJ there to bring in Mercenaries. Really good episode. The hour flew by.

Last edited by boogieman03; 08-24-18 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-28-18, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I was trying to figure out what Kam was actually trying to do there, pretty cool move only for TJ to screw it up. Sylvia's acting, knowing it was fake after, was pretty good if not extreme
Old 08-28-18, 11:32 PM

Shane sucks. He’s the worst. Kinda feel bad for Nelson on this one.

Sylvia’s the most useless player in the show. The fake crying she did last week was the most memorable thing she’s done.

Jozea’s single wasn’t to bad.
Old 08-29-18, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like that they have started to pick up the pace. I think Kaliah and Melissa getting booted put production in a bind and they had to slow down the pace to fill the episode count. Shane is just a camera hog. I think he does all that for screen time. Smashley and Kyle sure didn't waste any time getting to know each other...
Old 08-29-18, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

Smashley doesn't waste time getting to know any guy. Smashley used to refer to her alcohol tirades. Now it appears to have adopted an entirely different meeting.

I agree that Shane sucks. I never have been a fan of him but he has taken the "bitchy queen" act to extremes this season.

I miss having more CT time.

On the rugby thing, did I miss a rule that said guys and girls couldn't contact each other? With that in place, the yellow team really had zero chance being several girls down, with or without Shane's help.
Old 08-29-18, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I know what Shane is doing, but he's not crafting a villain that I want to see lose; he's crafting a villain that makes me not want to watch.

Btw, for the morbidly curious, Hannah Teter had some private photos leak today. In addition to the photos there was an intimate video with her ex-boyfriend, Johnny Devenanzio.
Old 08-30-18, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, Shane is terrible. I'm surprised people actually keep supporting him, since he'll never win anything alone against the other guys and he seems to just backstab everyone. His personality definitely seems worse and worse over the last few seasons with him playing up whatever character he has.
Old 08-30-18, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

What's funny is Shane has made Nelson likeable and reasonable.
Old 08-30-18, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Btw, for the morbidly curious, Hannah Teter had some private photos leak today. In addition to the photos there was an intimate video with her ex-boyfriend, Johnny Devenanzio.
Ugh, why did I watch that?
Old 08-30-18, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Kam is a good player in this game but she's far too aware of it and that makes her incredibly annoying. She's as bad as Cara with that but the difference is that Cara Maria is a consistent winner.

I don't have much sympathy for Faith at all regarding the Kyle situation. The man is a slut. He hooked up with Faith right in front of Cara Maria - of course he was going to sling his dick around after she left.

All the house being aligned against Johnny doesn't really mean much this season. With those getting voted in getting to pick their opponents, who really has the balls to vote in Johnny and Tony? We already know Kyle/Brad won't since they're aligned and that's the only team with a good chance to beat them. Shane isn't exactly known to put his money where his mouth is. Hunter/Ashley won't hesitate but you'll need more than their vote and there is no way Johnny/Tony choose that team in an elimination against a team like Kam and Kayleigh.
Old 08-30-18, 04:00 PM

What a weirdly edited tape.
Old 09-05-18, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was a brutal elimination challenge. Those poor girls were freezing after it. It looks like another Big Brother team is going back into the house now.... I was hoping CT would make it back in, but it looks unlikely now.
Old 09-06-18, 11:33 PM

That elimination seemed awefully cruel. Props to those women for finishing it.
Old 09-11-18, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I caught up on last weeks episode -- isn't that elimination literally a form of torture? MTV hardly seems to think these challenges through. The challenge itself, other than the whole torture thing, is fine, but the puzzle was far too complicated. It should have been done in 20 minutes.

I think Jozea and D'Avonne would have beaten Shane and Nelson. Nelson is too much of a moron to do either part of the puzzle and they would have been fighting the entire time.
Old 09-11-18, 01:26 PM

CT got married on Saturday: http://www.mtv.com/news/3099086/chri...nal-reckoning/
Old 09-11-18, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
They shot a wedding special. It should be airing on MTV sometime...
Old 09-11-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Did the one commercial say that next week is the finale? Aren't there still 100 teams left?
Old 09-11-18, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Did the one commercial say that next week is the finale? Aren't there still 100 teams left?
I thought I heard that too, but it said as the the finale nears. Also, Natalie is worthless, I hope Paulie comes back another time either solo or with an adequate partner.

I have to say the previews look good
Spoiler:
the show that Devin and Cory are the new team entering, and someone looks to really mess Kyle up in a fight

Last edited by mh4268; 09-11-18 at 11:14 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.