Reload this Page >

Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

Old 12-13-21, 04:43 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

“We need a plan to kill this baby”

”Wow, finally you found a worthy adversary”

The ending was great, but there were so many funny lines, mostly between Shiv and Roman.
Old 12-14-21, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

I have to say these guys are all pretty great actors, but hats off to Shiv for the ending shot. I mean if looks could kill she would be a widow and orphan.
Old 12-14-21, 07:17 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Great episode.
Old 12-14-21, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

"I guess I’m just trying to say who’s the real victim here, because I waited three quarters of an hour for a gin and tonic.”

Great episode for Roman; but a great SEASON for Tom (Matthew Macfadyen should get an Emmy).
Old 12-14-21, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,883 Likes on 1,895 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
"I guess I’m just trying to say who’s the real victim here, because I waited three quarters of an hour for a gin and tonic.”

Great episode for Roman; but a great SEASON for Tom (Matthew Macfadyen should get an Emmy).
Before the finale I was leaning towards Culkin for season MVP and Emmy favorite in the STACKED Supporting Actor in a Drama Category, Now after that, I agree this was year of Matthew Macfayden.
Old 12-14-21, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

That was absolutely fantastic. And I LOVE the Tom turn.

One question: did Covid cause this one episode to be filmed by itself? Several actors especially Brian Cox looked somewhat different in this episode.

Always amazing when a show where literally the only thing that happens is people stand around talking can be so compelling and tense.
Old 12-14-21, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 233 Posts

I loved Shiv's slight modification to the traumatic event many children experience: "Well, we just walked in on Mom and Dad fucking us".
Old 12-15-21, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 145 Posts

This is probably one of the most quotable episodes of the series, just about everyone got a good line in for this show.

I know it didn't move the bar along for the storyline much but it was a fine hour of television without a doubt.
Old 12-15-21, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 331 Likes on 198 Posts

Didn't move the bar along? Logan is selling the company, and the kids had all their future plans crumble before their eyes, and Shiv had her plans destroyed by her own husband.
The following 2 users liked this post by spainlinx0:
Boondock Saint (12-15-21), emanon (12-15-21)
Old 12-15-21, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Didn't move the bar along? Logan is selling the company, and the kids had all their future plans crumble before their eyes, and Shiv had her plans destroyed by her own husband.
Yes, but this all really didn't materialize until the last two or three episodes. Most of the season was just covering the same ground as last season. Which is fine - I could watch these people fight with each other every week - but the poster has a point about not much forward progress.
Old 12-15-21, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Right, but that poster mentioned that this specific episode didn't move the plot along, and I disagreed with that premise.

Also, as you said, I don't think the point of this show is to "move the plot along." I consider this a character driven show more than I do a plot driven show.
The following users liked this post:
Shannon Nutt (12-30-21)
Old 12-15-21, 10:37 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I enjoyed the last episode but was not blown away like apparently ever other person on earth.

I assume these folks have never seen many many episodes of Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.

Nice ending but one of the best TV episodes ever?GTFO.

not much happened this season and they must be running out of ideas.

Just get on with the split-season series finales for 4 and 5.
Old 12-15-21, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love both Breaking Bad and the Sopranos, and I love this show as well.
Boondock Saint (12-15-21)
Old 12-16-21, 09:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

I would have loved a camera on Sarah Snook's face the first time she saw Cox do his Shiv impression
Old 12-30-21, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 276 Likes on 221 Posts

I just binged all 3 seasons. Detestable people, every single one, but enjoyable nonetheless.

As far as your last point goes, when Logan said, “what do you got?” to Roman at the end, I was sure Kendall was going to mention Logan helping cover up the death of the waiter. You just know that’s going to come up next season now that Shivon and Roman know.
Old 12-30-21, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
I just binged all 3 seasons. Detestable people, every single one, but enjoyable nonetheless.

As far as your last point goes, when Logan said, “what do you got?” to Roman at the end, I was sure Kendall was going to mention Logan helping cover up the death of the waiter. You just know that’s going to come up next season now that Shivon and Roman know.
It may come up, I just don't think it will matter. The company is going to be sold. The kids have been burned, and that story getting released weakens the kids position since one of the three of them is actually the person responsible for killing the kid.
Old 12-30-21, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It may come up, I just don't think it will matter. The company is going to be sold. The kids have been burned, and that story getting released weakens the kids position since one of the three of them is actually the person responsible for killing the kid.
It was an accident but I don’t know the laws in the UK regarding fleeing the scene of a crime and being an accessory. Could be that Logan is just as responsible for helping cover it up. At any rate it will come up next season.
Old 12-31-21, 07:45 PM

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't think the last episode was as viscerally compelling as some episodes of Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones/Deadwood, etc...but what it did was tie up a plotline that was essentially front and center the entire season and most didn't really even notice it. It DID seem like it was sort of spinning its wheels but this episode showed that it wasn't. It was quite brilliant. It has also struck me that like Deadwood Succession has grown to sort of have a language completely of it's own. I think someone could make a hysterical skit about a conversation between Roman and Al.
wendersfan (01-01-22)
Old 01-15-22, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Just caught up on all the seasons. Terrific show. I hate I have to wait almost a year for new episodes
Old 01-15-22, 02:47 PM

Or longer? We don't know when it's coming back yet.
Old 01-15-22, 07:38 PM

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

This show has a great cast and their performances are no doubt award worthy, but sometimes I just can't watch this show. There's only so much negativity I can take before it starts to affect my mood. There are a few shows like this for me. Anyone else?
Old 01-16-22, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rodney2187 View Post
This show has a great cast and their performances are no doubt award worthy, but sometimes I just can't watch this show. There's only so much negativity I can take before it starts to affect my mood. There are a few shows like this for me. Anyone else?
The Walking Dead was one like that for me. After a while it became so depressing I just couldn’t watch anymore.
Old 01-16-22, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I don't have that issue with this show because I don't mind when these people get fucked over. I don't really have a rooting interest for any of them, so I can just sit back and enjoy the machinations without worrying about who is going to come out on top. I mean, we already know it's always going to be Logan.
Old 01-16-22, 11:06 AM

Yeah in the first two seasons when I was still trying to get friends to watch it I would tell them there is the hurdle to get over that you won't "like" anyone on the show, that there is no one to root for. I probably said that in this thread. But once you just accept that, it's the best show on TV.
Boondock Saint (01-16-22)
Old 05-17-22, 01:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 454 Likes on 404 Posts

is this an easy show to get into?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.