Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-21, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

Wow. No comments on the third episode from Halloween.

Another good one. A lot going on here. Loving Greg and the watch, even off camera talk can be heard.

Sucks we are 1/3 through season 3 with only 9 episodes.
Old 11-05-21, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

"I'm not buying you a fucking watch!".
Old 11-05-21, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

It was another great episode.

All the characters are horrible people, but Kendall's so full of shit with his wokeness - it makes him the worst.
Old 11-08-21, 06:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

"Everything's coming up Fuck"

Greg and Tom need their own spinoff when this show is over.
Old 11-08-21, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I just started watching this show, and now I'm caught up. These people are all the worst, even Greg despite, for some reason, people thinking he's a good dude? Come on now, he's just as manipulative as the rest of them, just early stages, and yet he's already really good at it. He's really smart, but just so damn awkward.

Shiv and Kendall probably are my most hated because of how fake and up their own asses they are. At least Roman doesn't pretend, except when discussing his sexual conquests.

None of this is a critique of the show. I absolutely love it, and I love rooting against these people. There are moments I feel bad, when I think about their upbringing, but they are all so selfish and entitled, that I don't even know who to root for.

Also, I do take issue with some people acting like this isn't how the ultra-wealthy actually act. Maybe go look into the Dupont family and some of the shit they have done. Yes it's fun for TV, but if anything, the people they are lampooning are most likely even worse than the people on the show.
Old 11-08-21, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved the awkwardness and tension between Kendall and Logan when they're alone together.
Logan makes those complimentary comments about Kendall - 99% of which are just to get Josh not to jump ship... and Kendall's aware of it, but there's a part of him that wants to believe he's sincere. He's so desperate for Logan's approval.

Greg is just so awkward in any conversation he's in - it's too funny. He was just fumbling about in his whole conversation with Logan. Loved how he spilt some rum/coke on the book on the table and quickly wipes it off with his sleeve.
Old 11-08-21, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Should I just chug it? I can chug it.
Old 11-08-21, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Should I just chug it? I can chug it.
That was great. It's funny because apparently rich people don't have a problem not finishing their drinks/meal - but not Greg.
At Josh's beach-mansion, they all sit down for a meal - and Josh takes a single bite of something while Logan and Kendall don't touch a thing... and then they head back leaving everything there. All that food and preparation for one person to take a single bite.
Old 11-08-21, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral
That was great. It's funny because apparently rich people don't have a problem not finishing their drinks/meal - but not Greg.
At Josh's beach-mansion, they all sit down for a meal - and Josh takes a single bite of something while Logan and Kendall don't touch a thing... and then they head back leaving everything there. All that food and preparation for one person to take a single bite.
That actually drove me nuts, especially because I love seafood.
Old 11-08-21, 03:08 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Greg is my favor character. But he is definitely a wolf in sheep's clothes.

I actually think the twist of the show was that Logan was actually telling the truth, but Kendall is too far up his own ass and ready to burn everything to the ground that he does not believe it.

Shiv is a truly awful person. She might have the lowest moral threshold of any of them

I do have to wonder though that since we did not see Greg sign everything if he really did sign and give Logan what he wants.

The whole scene with Greg was awesome. "that's not how this works"

I thought that Adrien Brody's character was shockingly well done and very deep for what might be a one off character. Evil in a completely different way.

Old 11-09-21, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Shiv is a truly awful person. She might have the lowest moral threshold of any of them
Like how she truly doesn't give a shit if her husband goes to prison. She knows he's got a decent chance of going, but just dismisses Tom's worrying with the equivalent of "aahhh, you might not go... don't worry so much about it" - because it makes so little difference to her anyway..
Old 11-09-21, 12:34 AM

And on the other end, how it's all Terminal Tom can think about. The serving temperature of toilet wine. ​​​​​​.

Last edited by Decker; 11-09-21 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Terminal Tom, not Terminal Greg
Old 11-09-21, 12:47 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Tom’s wearing a wire. Has to be his conversation with shiv is so off.
Old 11-09-21, 03:14 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Like how she truly doesn't give a shit if her husband goes to prison. She knows he's got a decent chance of going, but just dismisses Tom's worrying with the equivalent of "aahhh, you might not go... don't worry so much about it" - because it makes so little difference to her anyway..
Yeah it doesn't even register with her as long as she advances somehow. I have known people like her in real life and it is truly frightening.
Old 11-09-21, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

at Tom's laminated binder of prisons.

This could be a Tom and Greg comedy show and I'd love it.

And it was apparently a hike to get there. How did the tables, chairs, food get there?
Old 11-10-21, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
at Tom's laminated binder of prisons.

This could be a Tom and Greg comedy show and I'd love it.

And it was apparently a hike to get there. How did the tables, chairs, food get there?
They did constantly mention carts. I assume the staff was informed of the destination in advance, and while the group was hiking there, they simply took golf carts or quads to set up everything. Rich people shit.
Old 11-10-21, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

my god, watching Shivs eyes this episode. That girl can freaking act! She really played this episode to the hilt without going over the top. But yeah the level of sociopathy in this family is off the charts.
Old 11-10-21, 09:09 AM

Tom keeps talking about Ravenhead. What was that?
Old 11-10-21, 09:13 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Tom keeps talking about Ravenhead. What was that?
Who. An ATN anchor… who may be a Nazi.

Old 11-10-21, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He's the Tucker Carlson stand-in for ATN.
Old 11-11-21, 12:34 AM

Ah okay. Thought it was a corporation. No wonder I was confused.
One thing in Kendall's place hit a little too close to home : his kid's massive bunny and pen in the living room. It all seemed a little too familiar to me.
Spoiler:

Old 11-11-21, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When can we expect the link to your bunny cam?
Old 11-11-21, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
When can we expect the link to your bunny cam?
That's a private feed.
Spoiler:

Old 11-11-21, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I almost feel like they should stop at the end of the season. The show is damn near perfect hate watch and I am not sure they can keep up this level of good for a 4th or 5th season.
Old 11-14-21, 09:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Cox’s delivery of “What fucking business of it is yours?” when Greg asked Logan if he was going to the bathroom

Greg wanting to sue Green Peace

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.