Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 08:43 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OzYxJV_rmE8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SUCCESSION: This drama series follows the Roy family - Logan Roy and his four adult children - who control one of the biggest media and entertainment conglomerates in the world. The show tracks the lives of the key members as they grapple with what the future will hold for them as their aging father begins to step back from the company. The ten-episode season stars Brian Cox, Jeremy Strong, Hiam Abbass, Sarah Snook, Kieran Culkin, Alan Ruck, Nicholas Braun, Matthew Macfadyen, Natalie Gold, Peter Friedman and Rob Yang. Created by Jesse Armstrong; executive produced by Jesse Armstrong, Adam McKay, Frank Rich, Kevin Messick, Will Ferrell, Jane Tranter and Mark Mylod. Debuts in June.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Alan Ruck as Connor Roy
· Brian Cox as Logan Roy
· Hiam Abbass as Marcia
· Jeremy Strong as Kendall Roy
· Kieran Culkin as Roman Roy
· Matthew Macfadyen as Tom
· Natalie Gold as Rava Roy
· Nicholas Braun as Greg
· Peter Friedman as Frank
· Rob Yang as Lawrence
· Sarah Snook as Siobhan "Shiv" Roy

CREW INFORMATION:
· Adam McKay as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Frank Rich as EP
· Jane Tranter as EP
· Jesse Armstrong as CRTR/EP
· Kevin Messick as EP
· Mark Mylod as EP
· Will Ferrell as EP
10 episode first season. Premieres Sunday, June 3rd.
Old 06-03-18, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,065 Posts
re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

I like Ruck, Cox, and Culkin! I’ll give it a try.
Old 06-03-18, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

Supposedly this story is based on the Murdoch family, media conglomerate family who owned FOX.

I’m interested.
Old 06-05-18, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wife absolutely HATED the show, but I'm willing to give it a chance and see where it goes..
Old 06-05-18, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I liked it although everyone is pretty much an asshole.
Old 06-05-18, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Haven't watched it yet, but I recorded this because it was on HBO and I'm sort of hoping it will be something to help fill the summer TV doldrums. I looked in this thread and hoped to see AMAZING over and over.
Old 06-06-18, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, so I watched it.

I was underwhelmed. It all felt very juvenile. The characters were shallow stereotypes playing to simple minded notions of these sort of people. That's not to say that sort of thing can't be done well - as in the case of a show like Billions - but this was not done well. The last 10 minutes or so was particularly hokey and killed any interest I had left.

Pass.
Old 06-11-18, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Renewed for season 2: https://deadline.com/2018/06/success...bo-1202407822/

I haven't started this yet since I have so many other shows to catch up on. If people were raving about it, I might be more inclined to jump in.
Old 06-11-18, 12:47 PM

I didn't think much of the first episode, but I will watch a few more to see where it goes.
Old 06-16-18, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

The cousin Greg character it totally annoying. Why do I get the feeling he's going to he the big winner in all of this?
Old 07-09-18, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
The cousin Greg character it totally annoying. Why do I get the feeling he's going to he the big winner in all of this?
He starts that way but the show is one of those that gets better each week as does Greg's character. Episode 6 tonight was actually pretty compelling.
Old 08-07-18, 11:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just finished what I'm assuming was the season finale last night, and all I can say is WOW! Despite it's slow start, this show really grew on me, and I can't wait to see where things go in Season 2.

Anyone else still watching this?
Old 08-07-18, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Officer Cartman
Just finished what I'm assuming was the season finale last night, and all I can say is WOW! Despite it's slow start, this show really grew on me, and I can't wait to see where things go in Season 2.

Anyone else still watching this?
Yeah one of those shows where they didnt really know what they were for 5 episodes but the second half was terrific.
Old 09-17-18, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We binged this after it all aired. I thought it was good, especially the last 3-4 episodes. The wife and I will tune in for s2.
Old 05-01-19, 04:47 PM

<iframe width="706" height="397" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6cbOmfo6HUQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by dex14; 08-11-19 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-01-19, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Yeah one of those shows where they didnt really know what they were for 5 episodes but the second half was terrific.
I have to somewhat agree. While the show isn't great by any stretch, it got much better as the season wore on. I'll check out season 2 to see if it can keep it up.
Old 08-11-19, 12:16 PM

Re: Succession (HBO) -- Series Thread -- S: Cox, EP: McKay, Ferrell, C: Armstrong

<iframe width="706" height="397" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l9TKHvvaMfE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beginning where season one dramatically left off, season two of this series follows the members of the Roy family as they struggle to retain control of their empire, and while the future looks increasingly uncertain, it is the past that threatens to ultimately destroy them.
Season 2 premiere is tonight.
Old 08-11-19, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looking forward to this season. Introduced my father to it over the summer and he ended up really like it, too.
Old 08-12-19, 01:23 PM

Pretty terrific opening to Season 2. Season 2 reviews are extremely strong. Really good cinematography in first episode too.
Old 08-12-19, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great show this and Yellowstone two of my favorites... This show reminds of Yellowstone but not a western style hehe.
Old 08-26-19, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, the S03E03 episode was just weird after two very good opening episodes. There were a couple of good moments but overall it was just some bizarro shit.
Old 08-26-19, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Nefarious
Well, the S03E03 episode was just weird after two very good opening episodes. There were a couple of good moments but overall it was just some bizarro shit.
We've seen it already in previous episodes, but I think the episode was dedicated to showing how imposing Logan is on everyone. Everyone walks on shells around him and are just plain afraid of him.
The demeaning pig stuff gives it a cult-like feel, where they'll do anything he tells them to. It's almost a statement on the current White House - where Trump does outrageous shit and all the yes-men are too afraid to call him out on anything and just go with the flow in a cult-like manner.

This show just has so many horrible people. In fact, I think the only person who isn't horrible is Greg.
Tom's the biggest weasel of the bunch - which is really saying a lot.

I'm enjoying this show still because it's fascinating to see how this company is run (even if not realistic), with all the venon and backstabbing going on with these horrible people. It's ridiculous in many ways, but I don't take it fully at face value - some of it seems satirical to me.
Old 08-27-19, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Boars on the floor!
Old 09-01-19, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

They definitely turned up the dial on the humour this season.

Loved the crappy makeshift panic room compared to the real one for actual important people.
Connor avoids describing Mo-Lester in any meaningful way during the eulogy.
Old 09-02-19, 03:05 AM

If anything this episode confirms Greg gets everything, but Season 2 has been remarkably compelling.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.