DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Westworld (S2E06) -- "Phase Space" -- 5/27/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/644161-westworld-s2e06-phase-space-5-27-18-a.html)

DJariya 05-27-18 05:48 AM

Westworld (S2E06) -- "Phase Space" -- 5/27/18

https://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content...ace-Teddy.jpeg

Episode #16 (season 2, episode 6): “Phase Space”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 27 (9:00–10:00 p.m.)

We each deserve to choose our own fate.

Written by Carly Wray; directed by Tarik Saleh

Episode 6 of 10

Jackskeleton 05-28-18 12:22 AM

Re: Westworld (S2E06) -- "Phase Space" -- 5/27/18

I mean, we all saw that coming, but it was well executed.

Obey The D 05-28-18 10:54 PM

I’m surprised how dead these threads have been. While it isn’t on par with season one, I’m still enjoying it. You can tell Deloris already seems to be regretting her decision regarding Teddy.

fumanstan 05-28-18 11:23 PM

I'm amused at the different spellings of Dolores on here :p

Shogun World felt a bit disappointing; I'd be curious to see on a map where Maeve has gone, because it seems really bizarre to go to a different park and seemingly end back up in the West to find her daughter. Hopefully I just missed something there.

Glad to see Ford!

Troy Stiffler 05-28-18 11:42 PM

What did I miss at the end with the train and tunnel explosion? Is Durlorez and Teddy dead? I think that would make a lot of you guys happy. I didn’t pay full attention to the episode.

Koby 05-29-18 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler (Post 13341081)
What did I miss at the end with the train and tunnel explosion? Is Durlorez and Teddy dead? I think that would make a lot of you guys happy. I didn’t pay full attention to the episode.

It didn't show anything after that with them as it jumped to a different scene.

However the next episode preview suggests Dolores is alive.

JTH182 05-29-18 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13341073)

Shogun World felt a bit disappointing; I'd be curious to see on a map where Maeve has gone, because it seems really bizarre to go to a different park and seemingly end back up in the West to find her daughter. Hopefully I just missed something there.

Glad to see Ford!

It's spelled Mulva, it rhymes with a female body part.

Luds 05-29-18 05:25 AM

No surprise that Maeve's daughter isn't her daughter in the current storyline, a bit silly she didn't figure this was gonna happen.

As for Doh! Lores, well less is more. The best shows are when she's not there at all. Hope Teddy kills her if the train didn't do it.

rw2516 05-29-18 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler (Post 13341081)

I thought the engine and one attached car that exploded in tunnel was the half with the human guy locked in the car. Delores, Teddy and other hosts were on the detached part.
It appears to be a first strike on the control complex by Delores. The preview shows Delores and her gang shooting it out with security within the complex. She probably knows her father is being held there and it's a rescue raid.

fumanstan 05-29-18 08:58 AM

Fuck you guys :lol: But really, Dolores, damn it! https://www.hbo.com/westworld/cast-and-crew/dolores

But yeah, they detached car was what they sent crashing.

Bill Needle 05-29-18 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 13341104)
However the next episode preview suggests Dolores is alive.

Yay! Another episode of a robot speaking exclusively in riddles!

B.A. 05-29-18 11:07 AM

https://i.imgur.com/JSq54Ic.jpg

funkyryno 05-29-18 11:26 AM

The scale of the park is rather incomprehensible. How can there be a giant Mount Fuji in Samurai World, but you can't see it in Westworld from a location that's in walking distance? Anhd does the park also have some kind of ability to manipulate the weather, allowing some areas to be desert and others colder?

Troy Stiffler 05-29-18 11:34 AM

I thought the Mt Fuji reveal was a bit awkward too. I thought maybe it’ll be revealed to be some kind of hologram.

And the way the train traveled across the control room map was silly too. Or does the map zoom and change all the time? It seemed to indicate that a train can travel across the park in 30 seconds.

Giantrobo 05-29-18 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by funkyryno (Post 13341387)
The scale of the park is rather incomprehensible. How can there be a giant Mount Fuji in Samurai World, but you can't see it in Westworld from a location that's in walking distance? Anhd does the park also have some kind of ability to manipulate the weather, allowing some areas to be desert and others colder?

YES. Elsie comments while in the CR4-DL (CRADLE) that the Team was able to get the Weather System back online. She then sarcastically comments about "Priorities".

funkyryno 05-29-18 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 13341409)
YES. Elsie comments while in the CR4-DL (CRADLE) that the Team was able to get the Weather System back online. She then sarcastically comments about "Priorities".

Oh, I thought she said "climate control," i.e. they got the AC back up and running. But, yeah, they must have some kind of high-tech way to create micro-climates on the island.

jpcamb 05-29-18 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by funkyryno (Post 13341461)
Oh, I thought she said "climate control," i.e. they got the AC back up and running. But, yeah, they must have some kind of high-tech way to create micro-climates on the island.

i'm pretty sure that she meant the AC in the building they were in so it would be more comfortable too...

I think the show was back on track after last weeks episode that I didn't care for too much.

Bill Needle 05-29-18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13341576)
i'm pretty sure that she meant the AC in the building they were in so it would be more comfortable too...

I believe that is correct, which is why the guy made a joke about it being a trivial accomplishment.

Giantrobo 05-29-18 04:15 PM

Really? Huh, I guess so. But there is no way they can have all that on the island and NOT have control of the weather over the different parts of said Island.

Big Boy Laroux 05-29-18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13341220)

But yeah, they detached car was what they sent crashing.

Technically Dolores, Teddy, and Angela were in the detached car (which then slowed down as they were no longer attached to the engine). The Engine (with one other car) was what crashed into the Mesa.

Agree with the comments about distance - cause Maeve was all over the map. Westworld, then just walk into Shogun World (with no apparent barrier), then just walk back underground to the homestead.... And then there's the mountain in Shogun World... we need a map.

Giantrobo 05-29-18 05:32 PM

But if we can accept multiple time lines being shown on the WW series, why can't we accept that they simply aren't showing the 6 or so hours it may or may not take to walk from WW to Shogun World? Or the possible hours between the train loading up to the train attack/explosion?

Vipper II 05-29-18 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13341073)

Not as bad as the many, many misspellings of Pschyler from Breaking Bad.

Spoiler:
Skyler

Koby 05-29-18 09:39 PM

What if the different worlds were on different levels underground and the skies are all "virtual holograms"? Would explain why Maeve and her group went into a bunker came out in Samurai World, went back into a bunker and was back in Westworld.

As for why they bothered going to Samurai World... I thought it was to avoid some area of Westworld they deemed would be too dangerous to traverse with their group or was forced to run previously.

Cusm 05-30-18 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 13342022)
What if the different worlds were on different levels underground and the skies are all "virtual holograms"? Would explain why Maeve and her group went into a bunker came out in Samurai World, went back into a bunker and was back in Westworld.

As for why they bothered going to Samurai World... I thought it was to avoid some area of Westworld they deemed would be too dangerous to traverse with their group or was forced to run previously.

I recall Ford saying the only thing that was not animated were the flies, and techs were trying to figure out where they were coming from as well. So underground worlds would make sense.

They did not know they were in Samurai Land, they thought they were still in the west until the one guy found the head and told them to leave.

Giantrobo 05-31-18 01:23 PM

Yeah being underground makes a lot of sense. More control over things.