Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly (Showtime) comedy special --premieres 5/11/18

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-18, 06:46 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly (Showtime) comedy special --premieres 5/11/18

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o98IhJ_OTz0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kevin Smith, the filmmaker, is anything but quiet in this new comedy special that was recorded an hour before his widely reported massive heart attack in February. But before he nearly died backstage, he killed onstage discussing his marriage, his kid, his friends and his work (or lack thereof).

Moments after Kevin Smith shot this comedy special he had a massive heart attack, but the show must go on. Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly premieres Friday, May 11 at 9pm ET/PT only on SHOWTIME.
Old 05-15-18, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts
Re: Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly (Showtime) comedy special --premieres 5/11/18

Glad he is still around. Scary how normal he looked doing the show just minutes before he suffered a heart attack.

I liked the stories on the 101" TV and buying burgers at A&W

The pot smoking stuff was kind of lame.
Old 05-16-18, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly (Showtime) comedy special --premieres 5/11/18

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Glad he is still around. Scary how normal he looked doing the show just minutes before he suffered a heart attack.
No joke. I’ve looked and lived a lot like Kevin (minus the pot smoking and stupid oversized shirts). You never know for sure what’s going on inside there. I’ve had an imaging test that made me feel better. But your arteries are something like 5mm. Once they’re clogged you’re screwed. Extra scary because he was losing that weight over the past few years.

Anyways... good show if you enjoy these. If you watch them you know what to expect. I’ll always look forward to anything he puts out.
Old 05-16-18, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Hope you are doing ok Troy.

Kevin Smith is underrated as a comedian.