Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 4 Thread -- premieres 4/15/18

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-18, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Fear the Walking Dead (S4E04) -- "Buried" -- 5/6/18

"Fear the Walking Dead" Season 4 continues on Sunday, May 6th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the all-new episode, "Buried," Al's questioning uncovers some surprising truths about the group's past, while John Dorie receives unexpected news.

Episode 4 of 16
Old 05-07-18, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E02) -- "Another Day in the Diamond" -- 4/22/18

Originally Posted by Deftones
It is like you expect people to be paramilitary trained
I just don't understand why she would jump into the oil tank and help the new character. What does Madison have invested in risking her life for this person who was just about to shoot her? Its silliness.
Old 05-07-18, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E03) -- "Good Out Here" -- 4/29/18

I have my doubts Frank Dillane asked out of Fear. Especially talking about having no plans. Killing Nick was a strategic move to get folks talking about the show. Feels desperate and that they’re rebooting. Clarks are out. Sort of negates following them these past few years. I can’t blame them for a reset.
Old 05-07-18, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Frank's decision to leave the show has been fairly well covered as of late...

Originally Posted by Pizza
I have my doubts Frank Dillane asked out of Fear. Especially talking about having no plans. Killing Nick was a strategic move to get folks talking about the show. Feels desperate and that they’re rebooting. Clarks are out. Sort of negates following them these past few years. I can’t blame them for a reset.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/fear-the...-dillane-exit/

New showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg told The Hollywood Reporter about the decision to kill off Nick, revealing it wasn't their decision to write the character out. The choice was actually Frank Dillane's, as the actor had asked to leave the show to pursue other opportunities in Season 3, before they had even joined the show.
Old 05-07-18, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

It was a smart move to kill Nick so early in the season and resist the temptation to do it in a finale. With the flashback format they can have a big shock moment without actually losing him from the show. Then they can echo back at the season finale for a double-dip amidst whatever else they have planned. Compare that to the predictable and boring milking of Carl's exit from TWD.
Old 05-07-18, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by jpcamb
I think Frank's decision to leave the show has been fairly well covered as of late...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/fear-the...-dillane-exit/
Like I said, I have my doubts despite what they’re saying. Just my opinion. It sounds better to report that he choose to leave rather than we need to make desperate moves to save the show and dump the Clarks.
Old 05-08-18, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E04) -- "Buried" -- 5/6/18

I'm not going to do spoiler tags.I enjoyed the first 3 seasons,but really not liking this season very much.

I did not comment on last week's show.But add two more characters that
this episode revealed die latter this season.

The show is a mess at this point honestly. Skipping 2 years of events and character development, telling the story out of order, having episodes like tonights (and presumably next weeks from the looks of that preview) that are 95% flashback and barely advance the main plot at all....JFK

Why do the Vultures want the stadium? The people inside are starving while the Vultures seem to have plenty of food. The Vultures are just sitting around waiting for those inside to fail, in order to do what? By the time the stadium goes down, there won't be anything left to steal, while the Vultures are going through their own supplies. Anything the people inside have can be found outside. The Vultures don't maintain any kind of economic model that is remotely self-sustaining.
I think they are a joke parked out in the open,and it seems they let anyone come and go.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 05-08-18 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-08-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
I think they are a joke parked out in the open,and it seems they let anyone come and go.
They monitor what is going on, and when they feel like it, take by force what they bring back. Or just get to it first.

Unless it's a huge misdirect, it seems even more than Madison bites it when things finally go down with the Vultures. Such that the small group we see are the only ones that made it out alive.
Old 05-08-18, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am actually really enjoying this season and dont mind that they are telling the story out of order. The Vultures I am holding off judgement but I am digging the new characters and actually find hearing the characters tell the stories is far more interesting than seeing it play out.
Old 05-08-18, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

While I enjoyed the show in the past, I am really digging it this year.
Old 05-08-18, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I like the Vultures thing. Get a Road Warrior "just walk away" vibe but hipster dbags replacing Humungus and his crew. Normally dislike flashbacks but I like how they're balancing things and how they're telling the story for the most part. Really want to see how shit falls apart at the stadium.
Old 05-08-18, 11:05 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I am enjoying this season too. So much more than the Negan storyline on TWD.
Old 05-08-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
I like the Vultures thing. Get a Road Warrior "just walk away" vibe but hipster dbags replacing Humungus and his crew. Normally dislike flashbacks but I like how they're balancing things and how they're telling the story for the most part. Really want to see how shit falls apart at the stadium.
Sadly I can see it basically being a re-hash of the Road Warrior. They send most of the stadium population out to confront the Vultures while the characters we see in the present sneak off during the fray. Hopefully this show can pull off a car chase better than the original show did with gun battles.
Old 05-08-18, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

It's like Nick never left.

Seems like they're teasing something pretty big happening between the group and the Vultures at the baseball stadium.

Madison's fate seems to be kind of a vague since we've only seen her in the flashbacks. And if we're to believe what Alicia said, Naomi is supposedly biting the dust as well. Was a little confused when John Dorie mentioned that he knew Naomi, but I guess next week fills in the blanks.
Old 05-08-18, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Weird, its like the writers are telling a story with this show and not regurgitating story lines. I'm liking the reboot of the show. I enjoyed last season and am enjoying this season as well.

I liked the bit with the water park although given how drought stricken the area seems to be I question there being standing water in the bottom or middle. I've also never seen a water slide with that weird middle area is that an actual thing?

I completely fell off TWD last season and stopped with about 4 episodes still on my DVR. I may watch those this summer but really don't care what happens on that show anymore.
Old 05-08-18, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
If we're to believe what Alicia said, Naomi is supposedly biting the dust as well. Was a little confused when John Dorie mentioned that he knew Naomi, but I guess next week fills in the blanks.
Naomi was apparently his wife / the woman he has been searching for all this time. She was using a different name though with the group.

I'm sure you can believe Alicia. There would be no reason to lie, especially after John Dorie more or less pointed out who she was to him.
Old 05-08-18, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Weird, its like the writers are telling a story with this show and not regurgitating story lines. I'm liking the reboot of the show. I enjoyed last season and am enjoying this season as well.

I liked the bit with the water park although given how drought stricken the area seems to be I question there being standing water in the bottom or middle. I've also never seen a water slide with that weird middle area is that an actual thing?
It was shot at an actual park.
Old 05-08-18, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. Almost all water parks have one in some form at this point. Including most Great Wolf locations. They're a lot of fun. The idea is to see how many times you can go around the outside without losing momentum and falling down the drain.
Old 05-09-18, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Yes. Almost all water parks have one in some form at this point. Including most Great Wolf locations. They're a lot of fun. The idea is to see how many times you can go around the outside without losing momentum and falling down the drain.
And then what happens when you go into the drain? Does it suck you down somewhere? How do you get out before the next person comes down?

Not been to any water parks in my life, so I seriously have no idea.
Old 05-09-18, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ben12
And then what happens when you go into the drain? Does it suck you down somewhere? How do you get out before the next person comes down?

Not been to any water parks in my life, so I seriously have no idea.
The drains feeds into your typical water slide that comes to an end in a splash down pool. All modern water slides have sensors or cameras so those at the top know where the pervious rider is on the slide.
Old 05-10-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
The drains feeds into your typical water slide that comes to an end in a splash down pool. All modern water slides have sensors or cameras so those at the top know where the pervious rider is on the slide.
Oh, so the center would be swirling towards a slide and not just completely full like it was here? That makes sense. We were watching trying to figure out how that would've worked before the zombies without people accidentally drowning all the time!
Old 05-13-18, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Fear the Walking Dead (S4E05) -- "Laura" -- 5/13/18

"Fear the Walking Dead" Season 4 continues on Sunday, May 13th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the all-new episode, "Laura," the arrival of a wounded visitor in John Dorie's life forces him to change his ways.

Episode 5 of 16
Old 05-13-18, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I watched S1 and bailed early in S2. Did not watch a bit of S3. On a whim I set this up to record on the DVR (maybe to see how Morgan plays out?) ...

I loved the premiere but haven't kept up. While working on some writing I started playing through the backlog on my DVR ... This was holding my attention much more than I expected.

Then I started to actually like where the Nick/Morgan relationship was going. I even laughed when Nick was talking to Madison about the difference between staying in the stadium versus going out -- thinking they did a better job explaining Morgan in a few moments with that than TWD has done in how many seasons?

Then ... WHAT THE FUNK?! FTWD found TWD's balls stashed in an abandoned purse!

I think I may be in for the remainder of the season ... It won't be "must watch" each week, but the DVR will continue to roll!
Old 05-14-18, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E05) -- "Laura" -- 5/13/18

Thoroughly enjoyed this much to my surprise. Despite it being a flashback/bottle episode I did not feel it cheated the overall story at all. Really well done IMO.

It is astonishing how much this show has improved over the absurd awfulness of last season.
Old 05-14-18, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E05) -- "Laura" -- 5/13/18

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Thoroughly enjoyed this much to my surprise. Despite it being a flashback/bottle episode I did not feel it cheated the overall story at all. Really well done IMO.

It is astonishing how much this show has improved over the absurd awfulness of last season.
Seriously. I thought this might be one to just FWD through but really enjoyed it and felt like what the show has always said it was about. Character moments that aren't far fetched or antagonistic. Both actors did great and I enjoyed Morgans line at the end about never waiting in this world which was a great way to reference back to his life without having to spell that line out for the audience.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.