DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Star Wars Resistance (Disney Channel) -- animated series -- premieres 10/7/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/643840-star-wars-resistance-disney-channel-animated-series-premieres-10-7-18-a.html)

mewmartigan 04-26-18 10:10 AM

Star Wars Resistance (Disney Channel) -- animated series -- premieres 10/7/18

Takes place before VII. Filoni heading it up, just like Rebels.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-resistance-series/

dex14 04-26-18 10:14 AM

re: Star Wars Resistance (Disney Channel) -- animated series -- premieres 10/7/18

https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp...tance-tall.jpg

This fall, welcome to the Resistance!

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

“The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”

Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”

In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

funkyryno 04-26-18 11:28 AM

re: Star Wars Resistance (Disney Channel) -- animated series -- premieres 10/7/18

:thumbsup:

I'm in, but hopefully the animation is of better quality than what we go in "Rebels."

dex14 04-26-18 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by funkyryno (Post 13318746)
:thumbsup:

I'm in, but hopefully the animation is of better quality than what we go in "Rebels."

This will be "anime-inspired style".

Michael Corvin 04-26-18 11:59 AM

Yeah, I enjoyed the first season of Rebels but the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse style of animation kept me from keeping up with it.

On the flipside, The Clone Wars animation was phenomenal but it was centered around Anakin and the Clone Wars. So never made it past season 1 on that one either.

Hoping this will be a perfect blend of style and content.

Josh-da-man 04-26-18 04:08 PM

My interest in post-ROTJ Star Wars material is almost non-existant.

whotony 04-26-18 08:16 PM

I only hope it isnt animation styled the way the new DuckTales is.

milo bloom 04-26-18 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13318986)

See, my interest would be post ROTJ but like starting the morning after the movie ended and showing the immediate aftermath of those events.

Anyways I’ll still watch, Filoni has earned it for me.

PhantomStranger 04-26-18 11:24 PM

My interest in Star Wars anything after Disney acquired the brand has been nonexistent.

Kal-El 08-17-18 10:50 AM

<iframe width="708" height="398" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bH_Ws7sA468" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lopper 08-17-18 12:34 PM

I really like the look of that. It's a really good looking style there. I'm actually pretty interested in Disney's streaming service so if this ever turns up there, that's probably the only way I'd watch it.

fujishig 08-17-18 12:38 PM

Hmm... so it's not a buddy film search for Ezra?

milo bloom 08-17-18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13391248)
Hmm... so it's not a buddy film search for Ezra?

Nope, happens between ROTJ and TFA (though closer to TFA).

I don't think the buddy-film search for Ezra was a definite thing, it was mostly a hook they put in for the future and to show that somebody would try to look for him.

dfmaverick2 08-17-18 03:42 PM

The animation style reminds me of Tron: Uprising. I like it, so I'm in.

milo bloom 08-17-18 08:08 PM

From the stills, it looked cheap, but finally watching the trailer and seeing it in motion has me sold. It looks very slick and modern. Let's hope the story quality is at the level of TCW and Rebels.

dex14 10-06-18 07:37 AM

Re: Star Wars Resistance (Disney Channel) -- animated series -- premieres 10/7/18

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...1,1000_AL_.jpg

<iframe width="672" height="378" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ae2Cxy8sswk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sunday, Oct. 7

Original Series - One-Hour Series Premiere on Disney Channel

Star Wars Resistance "The Recruit"

(10:00 - 11:00 P.M. EDT)

X-wing pilot Kazuda Xiono is recruited for the Resistance, but finds himself in over his head when Poe Dameron assigns him to a remote fueling station to spy on the First Order. Then, after Kaz boasts about being the best pilot around, he is forced to compete in a dangerous sky race.

*Guest starring is Oscar Isaac ("Star Wars: The Last Jedi") as Poe Dameron, Jim Rash ("Community") and Bobby Moynihan ("DuckTales") as Flix and Orka, respectively.

JTH182 10-08-18 01:56 AM

Re: Star Wars Resistance (Disney Channel) -- animated series -- premieres 10/7/18

Who was the First Order pilot? Was he supposed to be someone we know? I couldn't catch his name at the end.

TheBigDave 10-08-18 07:30 AM

Star Wars Resistance: Season One (HD) is $2.99 at Amazon.

Grab it quick before they fix the price.

Orbi-Wan Techno 10-08-18 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 13421799)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4KHJK9

Got it. Thanks!

Orbi-Wan Techno 10-08-18 02:26 PM

Actually my YouTube TV is showing the first three episodes as available to watch. Whhaaaaatttt?

dex14 10-08-18 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno (Post 13422078)
Actually my YouTube TV is showing the first three episodes as available to watch. Whhaaaaatttt?

Yea, the first three are up On Demand.

Cusm 10-08-18 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 13421799)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4KHJK9

Got it, thanks.

MBoyd 10-08-18 04:49 PM

Thanks for posting. I did it. After purchase it said “You now own Episode 1” so I guess the rest of the season will follow -pray-

SunMonkey 10-18-18 04:18 PM

Show sure is goofy so far.

dex14 10-18-18 04:20 PM

Yea this is worse than Rebels.

Eric F 10-18-18 04:26 PM

I started watching the Clone Wars series recently and found I don't really like it.

JTH182 10-18-18 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13428157)

I'm REALLY hoping this gets better quickly!

dex14 10-18-18 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by JTH182 (Post 13428166)
I'm REALLY hoping this gets better quickly!

I also wonder why this is on 10pm on Sundays. Could this just be lasting a season and getting dumped? Maybe something better will be on Disney Play.

Josh-da-man 10-18-18 10:18 PM

This is dreadful.

Disney’s sure driving Star Wars into the ground, aren't they?

MLBFan24 10-18-18 10:30 PM

I dropped this within 10 minutes of the premiere. That was the slowest space battle / dogfight I've seen.

SunMonkey 10-19-18 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13428157)

I thought Rebels started off a bit slow, but I felt it turned into a fairly engaging Star War story (for a cartoon) that added a nice bit of backstory to the main storyline. I have not watched the final season, though.

I hope Resistance surprises me, though I am not hopeful.

Mike86 10-19-18 09:08 AM

Rebels was okay from what I saw. I have the first two episodes of this sitting in my Prime Video app as I bought the season for cheap. I still need to watch them.

Rob V 10-19-18 11:41 AM

Rebels was exactly "ok"... not great and certainly not terrible. Lots of filler though.

The style of Resistance isn't my cup of tea... my son is watching it only because it's SW (and he's 10). While we'd get thru Rebels together, I have no desire to sit thru Resistance.

Tom Banjo 10-19-18 10:47 PM

I haven’t felt the urge to even start.
I managed to get in on the season purchase what Amazon had it for $1.99. Might just wait and binge it all.

Josh-da-man 10-21-18 06:08 PM

Rebels was about 20% good episodes and 80% filler and padding.

One issue I had with it was that the Ezra/Kanan dynamic was too close to Luke/Ben with the Jedi and apprentice thing going on. It would have been better if it didn't rehash the plot from the original Star Wars so closely.

SmithsGuy 10-22-18 07:07 PM

Can we kill off the "hero" and just work w the others? Likely most annoying character ever (IMHO).

dex14 04-17-19 04:54 PM

This was renewed back in January. I must’ve missed that.

Here are some highlights from Celebration: https://www.starwars.com/news/swcc-2...sistance-panel

I ended up bailing on this. I stuck through TCW and Rebels. But I just wasn’t feeling this one.

Josh-da-man 04-17-19 05:32 PM

I watched the first five or so episodes and it was boring as fuck.

GuessWho 04-18-19 11:40 AM

Last 1/3 of episodes were great leading up to and including the First Order's occupation and takeover of the platform.

alfredog1976 04-18-19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13535331)
I watched the first five or so episodes and it was boring as fuck.

Thought the same thing, definitely catered for the kiddies (and I watch anything Star Wars!)