Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 4 Thread -- premieres 4/15/18

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-18, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E16) -- Season Finale -- "... I Lose Myself" -- 9/30/18

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
It's nice to know that in the Fear the Walking Dead Universe, Gatling gun a tanker full of flammable liquid merely resulted in them trickling out of the bullet holes instead of blown up sky high as it would in the real world.
Well last week they had a semi full of supplies, food, water, blankets, etc, that went up like a truck full of TNT so they are even now. Where do you find clear antifreeze? Nice shot of the handcuff on the round door striker not actually cuffed to anything. I wish we could get a show that actually follows some real world physics, laws and character thoughts and motivations.
Old 10-01-18, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E16) -- Season Finale -- "... I Lose Myself" -- 9/30/18

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
It's nice to know that in the Fear the Walking Dead Universe, Gatling gun a tanker full of flammable liquid merely resulted in them trickling out of the bullet holes instead of blown up sky high as it would in the real world.
Not saying it couldn't blow up, but the Mythbusters basically showed that shooting a tank full of gas won't necessarily cause an explosion: http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...ting-gas-tank/
Old 10-01-18, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Extremely weak finale.
Old 10-01-18, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I was really hoping they would have the sack to shake some things up. What a pathetically dull effort.
Old 10-01-18, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Not saying it couldn't blow up, but the Mythbusters basically showed that shooting a tank full of gas won't necessarily cause an explosion: http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...ting-gas-tank/
That plus isn't also gasoline vapor mixed in the air that's the more explosive element than the gas itself, which they may have also covered in the Mythbusters episode. So if the bullets went thought the liquid part, it can actually reduce the chance of explosion.

Basically vehicles exploding left and right in movies and television is not real.

If the tanker was pure ethanol, then it make actually had even less of a chance of exploding that gasoline.
Old 10-01-18, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I didn't hate this season as much as everyone else did. I loved the new additions to the cast mostly, so seeing the dynamic change was a good change of pace for the show.
Old 10-01-18, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Annoying crazy lazy was one of the worst villains on any show or movie ever. The fuck. She should've been killed multiple times. Lamest villain ever. How many times did we have to hear about how nobody helped her husband.

Anyone else rooting for the antifreeze?
Old 10-02-18, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Annoying crazy lazy was one of the worst villains on any show or movie ever. The fuck. She should've been killed multiple times. Lamest villain ever. How many times did we have to hear about how nobody helped her husband.

Everytime they cut back to the gas station gang, my girlfriend and I were chanting, "Be dead! Be dead! Be dead!"
Old 10-02-18, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Old 10-07-18, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm late to this thread, but I just saw this and I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned.

So Victor can't turn the valve on the tanker in order to collect ethanol, but next thing you know the tanker gets punctured with a bunch of bullet holes. When I saw that I thought to myself - wow, I'm not used to the show being this clever. Now Victor just has to go around and collect the ethanol where it's leaking. But in the next scene, we see everybody dying on the floor moaning after all the ethanol leaked out.

At this point I scream "WHAT??!!"

The last time I saw something that stupid, Steve Martin was running around at a gas station getting shot at screaming "He hates cans! Stay away from the cans!"
Old 10-07-18, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Yeah that was stupid as hell. Why would no one try to catch some in a bottle/can? Just standing around dumbfounded while it leaks out onto the ground.
Old 10-08-18, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Maybe been said before. But does anyone else think the video intros resemble Z Nation's? Even the music sounded the same.

I actually liked this season the best.
Old 10-09-18, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Maybe been said before. But does anyone else think the video intros resemble Z Nation's? Even the music sounded the same.

I actually liked this season the best.
I had forgotten but one of the producers said the various credit sequences would form a distinct (tiny) narrative if they were edited together at the end of the season. I'm surprised that nothing came of that (that I'm aware of).
Old 10-15-18, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally watched it, and this was just terrible. Disliked the whole season (with the exception of the brilliant "Laura" episode) but the 2nd half really went off the rails. Whatever they were trying for didn't work, and it seems we've got hack level writers at best on this show.

I'm officially done. Cancelled my recording. This show had promise early on, but they quickly ran out of interesting ideas that hadn't already been done to death here and on the TWD.
Old 05-22-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts

OMG what is up with this show? I recently caught a promo for the show featuring Morgan and the rest of the folks and it looked like an ad for a video game. the gang comes across a couple of children and they say something like "if its dead shoot it" I swear to god it looked like a low budget POV shooter video game or parody of the show, WTH happened at AMC?

Looks like it starts 6/2 and

Spoiler:
my least favorite scum bag for TWD is on this now. Seriously Dwight is on this???

Hard pass....
Old 05-22-19, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
OMG what is up with this show? I recently caught a promo for the show featuring Morgan and the rest of the folks and it looked like an ad for a video game. the gang comes across a couple of children and they say something like "if its dead shoot it" I swear to god it looked like a low budget POV shooter video game or parody of the show, WTH happened at AMC?

Looks like it starts 6/2 and

Spoiler:
my least favorite scum bag for TWD is on this now. Seriously Dwight is on this???

Hard pass....
Actually, it looks like they're borrowing the iconic image from "The Avengers" (the circular pan around they group as they prepare to face their enemies).