Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E16) -- Season Finale -- "Wrath" -- 4/15/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-18, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E16) -- Season Finale -- "Wrath" -- 4/15/18

Rick: Maggie I hear you are plotting against me?

Stand-in for Maggie we only see the back of her head. Ummm...why yes Rick you should have killed Negan.

Rick: We need to live together in peace and harmony. But without you. Shot to head.

End of Maggie.
Old 04-18-18, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Rick: Maggie I hear you are plotting against me?

Stand-in for Maggie we only see the back of her head. Ummm...why yes Rick you should have killed Negan.

Rick: We need to live together in peace and harmony. But without you. Shot to head.

End of Maggie.
I think Maggie will attempt to kill Rick, but Negan (who just escaped his prison cell) will find Lucille and then accidentally witness the confrontation - and he'll save Rick by caving in Maggie's head with Lucille for a Glen/Maggie ironic family reunion.
Old 04-18-18, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 390 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I think Maggie will attempt to kill Rick, but Negan (who just escaped his prison cell) will find Lucille and then accidentally witness the confrontation - and he'll save Rick by caving in Maggie's head with Lucille for a Glen/Maggie ironic family reunion.
I would tune in for that! I have a backlog of about 4 episodes of this season. I've been waiting for the season finale and based on this I still have very little desire to watch. A few seasons back I would faithfully watch every episode live and watch the Chris Hardwick after show. I deleted the aftershow from recording shortly after the mid season. Its sad how bad the writing has gotten here.
Old 04-18-18, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That FOD video is made with the intent that Maggie meant she was going after Rick and Michonne. No way would Daryl and Jesus go for that.

All I got from that end scene was that their group would eventually show Rick he is wrong, and they would kill Negan. Regardless, the entire thing is a stupid idea because if he is in Morgan's jail, which may or may not even be standing still, it would take 5 seconds for someone to go down and kill him. Ridiculous shit like this is near the top of the list of why people stopped watching.

As far as ratings go, lowest for a TWD finale since S1, but still highest rating show for the night. Should be noted FTWD actually increased viewership from last year.

“The Walking Dead” Season 8 finale rose week-to-week in the Nielsen ratings but still could not overcome the ratings declines that have plagued it for the past few seasons.

In the Live+Same Day numbers from Sunday, “The Walking Dead” averaged a 3.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers. That is up approximately 21% in the demo and 18% in total viewers versus last week. But that is also down 37% in the demo and 30% in total viewers from the Season 7 finale last year.

Season 8 of the series as a whole averaged a 3.4 and 7.8 million viewers in Live+Same Day, down from Season 7’s average approximately the same percentages as the Season 8 finale compared to the Season 7 finale.

Despite the fact the numbers are less than ideal for the show, it was nevertheless the highest-rated program of the night. The show also faced stiff competition on broadcast for the night, including ABC News’ interview with former FBI Director James Comey as well as the ACM Awards on CBS.
On the bright side, the Season 4 premiere of “Fear the Walking Dead,” which saw “Walking Dead” character Morgan Jones crossover into the sister series, was up in both measures from last year. “Fear the Walking Dead” averaged a 1.6 and 4.1 million viewers on Sunday night. That is up approximately 33% in the demo and total viewers compared to the Season 3 premiere.
Old 04-18-18, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Based on the episode, -particularly the end, -the answer is "yes".
The passage of time has always been a bit vague on TWD.
According to Watching Dead podcast, a viewer did the research and math to determine 20 days have passed since Glenn and Abraham’s deaths.
Old 04-18-18, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Heh so they didn't even take 3 weeks from the time the Saviors put them in their place until they ended the conflict? I knew it was a short period, but I'd have thought it was at least a few months.
Old 04-18-18, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

That is a pretty short period considering they attritted between 400 and 500 saviors in that time. They had killed about 50 even before Negan killed Glenn and Abraham.
Old 04-18-18, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

3 weeks? Really? That seems way too short. It can't be right.

Just going by Maggie's acceptance of Glenn's death and moving on from her grief to leading the Hilltop would've taken at least 1 month alone.

Plus I got the impression Alexandria was oppressed and working for Negan and being under his thumb for another month at least, making it feel like a longer suffering and finally getting the balls to fight back. Really has less impact if that only took like a few days or even just a week.
Old 04-18-18, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just going by Maggie's acceptance of Glenn's death and moving on from her grief to leading the Hilltop would've taken at least 1 month alone.
You'd think. And of course some people do shut down. But history is rife with people not truly mourning until the war is over. Also, I don't watch Maggie after Rick decided not to kill Negan and see a person who has moved on.
Old 04-19-18, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Only 20 days and yet Rick has already forgotten how brutal and senseless Glenn's and Abraham's deaths were. Ludicrous.

Was the stained glass hanging from the tree ever explained? It seemed pretty random but it sure came in handy when Rick needed a weapon in his fight with Negan.
Old 04-19-18, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Only 20 days and yet Rick has already forgotten how brutal and senseless Glenn's and Abraham's deaths were. Ludicrous.

Was the stained glass hanging from the tree ever explained? It seemed pretty random but it sure came in handy when Rick needed a weapon in his fight with Negan.
Same way Negan got a lit flare and a cocked handgun a few episodes ago.
Old 04-19-18, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m not sure what Watching Dead’s source was, but here is this:

https://www.bustle.com/p/is-maggie-s...se-8795827/amp

As ComicBook.com outlined, The Walking Dead Season 7 then proceeded to take place over the course of two weeks. And Season 8 spans even less time. All of the events happen in less than one week. Chris Hardwick focused on this timeframe during the Talking Dead episode about "Worth," the penultimate episode of Season 8. "We have to remember — even though you've been watching it for a couple of seasons — not a lot of time has passed in their world since Glenn died," Hardwick said.

Hardwick was using the timeline to help explain why Maggie is still so raw about her husband's murder. "She's still freshly in the rage zone," Hardwick said. And his words foreshadowed the ending of Season 8 when Maggie holds a meeting with Jesus and Daryl about how Rick and Michonne were wrong to keep Negan alive. And her anger definitely hints that Maggie and Rick will be part of warring factions in Season 9, which is incredibly disheartening. Hardwick's discussion of The Walking Dead timeline also confirmed that only a month could have possibly passed since Glenn's death, so Maggie is only a month further along in her pregnancy.
Old 04-19-18, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

The pregnancy certainly fits.

However... How long would go by before she would be okay with Negan beating Glenn to death, for absolutely no reason? Seriously. To use that as a measure is just ridiculous.
Old 04-19-18, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here is an interesting observation:

I don’t usually pay attention to the opening credits, but I noticed on the finale (and presumably every other episode) that Scott Gimple’s credit appears over the image of a burning map. There has long been associations between the performer credit and the image shown, but this one is interesting. Has Gimple burned the whole thing down?
Old 04-19-18, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 390 Likes on 279 Posts

Ummm WTF?? Its less than a month or just about a month since Glen and Abraham die?? that is patently ridiculous, if that was the case there is no freaking way Rick would allow Negan to live... That is just bad and lazy.
Old 04-19-18, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

They mentioned a few times in Talking Dead that they were essentially following the comics and Negan doesn't die. At least not yet.
Old 04-19-18, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

New Rockstars YouTube channel's breakdown of the Season 8 finale "Wrath"

Old 04-20-18, 07:07 AM

3 weeks? Really? That seems way too short. It can't be right.

Plus I got the impression Alexandria was oppressed and working for Negan and being under his thumb for another month at least, making it feel like a longer suffering and finally getting the balls to fight back. Really has less impact if that only took like a few days or even just a week.

I think it's been a bit longer, but not much. I recall reading that season 7 was less than 3 weeks. This season seems to have started a few days after the last one ended, so lets say, a week or so later. This season was only about 3 days, if that.
Old 04-21-18, 08:49 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

just caught up, scary how much this show has fallen in quality

Negan still alive, sheesh
Old 04-22-18, 09:31 AM

It's officially off season and the show so many of you love to hate is on hiatus, so I propose a game.

Start where you think the show went off the rails and tell us what should have happened and where we should be right now.

This is not fanfic. Be succinct, but detailed enough so we can follow you.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the BIG exception of killing Carl. So, maybe I'll go with that.

Okay, Carl meets Saddiq (Carlkiller) and is leading him back to Alexandria. Saddiq stops along the way to play with the walkers. Carl asks him what he's doing, then laughs and tells him to come along and stop enticing them. They make it back to Alexandria, where Carl doesn't hide him in the sewers.

He is thinking deeply, however, about the future and starts singing Give Peace a Chance every time he sees his dad. Eventually, though, he remembers Glenn and Abraham and stops that nonsense.

The Alexandrians still hide in the sewers because Tobin accidentally fell into one of them and had to be rescued.

Carl is by his dad's side when the final battle begins. Rick makes the narrow cut in Negan's throat, but can't go through with it because Negan is so gosh-darn entertaining. So, he puts the villain in the cell where he remains to this day.

Next?
Old 04-22-18, 10:45 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I've said it before, that the show works best when the cast is small and on the move.

I'm fine with them killing off characters I like (ie: Shane, Glen, Dale, Hershel and Abraham) but only if they properly get me invested in new characters along the way.

I don't give a shit about any of the new characters because they are either annoying or just flat out poorly developed. I still don't know the gay guy's name with the curly hair who showed up with the molotov cocktail throwing soccer moms... and more importantly, I... don't... care. I also no longer care about the older characters because they either have zero screen time, or when they do it's an exercise in moronic futility that is usually out of character purely to push the inane plot along.

Yoda talking garbage people, King Richard's Fair cosplayers, hoards of nameless "red shirts", less and less zombie threat, 145lb soaking wet evil leaders without a true modicum of menace, and original characters that are a shell of their former selves has lead me to where we are now.
Old 04-22-18, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I've said it before, that the show works best when the cast is small and on the move.

I'm fine with them killing off characters I like (ie: Shane, Glen, Dale, Hershel and Abraham) but only if they properly get me invested in new characters along the way.

I don't give a shit about any of the new characters because they are either annoying or just flat out poorly developed. I still don't know the gay guy's name with the curly hair who showed up with the molotov cocktail throwing soccer moms... and more importantly, I... don't... care. I also no longer care about the older characters because they either have zero screen time, or when they do it's an exercise in moronic futility that is usually out of character purely to push the inane plot along.

Yoda talking garbage people, King Richard's Fair cosplayers, hoards of nameless "red shirts", less and less zombie threat, 145lb soaking wet evil leaders without a true modicum of menace, and original characters that are a shell of their former selves has lead me to where we are now.
Well said. I'd like to add rinse-and-repeat storylines, characters flip-flopping back and forth between it's ok/not ok to kill, bad CGI, and a freaking pet tiger!
Old 04-22-18, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I don't give a shit about any of the new characters because they are either annoying or just flat out poorly developed.

Pretty much nailed it. Most disappointing thing is there's nothing to discuss about this show now beyond the constant rehashing of what a dumpster fire it has become.
Old 04-22-18, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I think the show started going off the rails back at the prison with "farmer Rick."

It began a trend where the writers were over-thinking things and trying too hard to motivate the characters. It's where they started making radical and often nonsensical changes in the characters in order to move the story along.
Old 04-22-18, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
If the show does take a time jump, the zombie threat will be even less. The masses of things that have been around since the beginning are going to eventually just fall apart.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.