Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Treadstone (USA) -- Bourne spinoff series -- premieres 10/15/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 09:40 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Treadstone (USA) -- Bourne spinoff series -- premieres 10/15/19

“Treadstone”

The project explores the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Treadstone, a covert operation that uses behavior modification protocol to turn its agents into nearly unstoppable superhuman assassins. Jason Bourne, the central character in Universal Pictures’ “Bourne” film franchise, was a product of the program. The series follows new sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions. “Heroes” creator Tim Kring serves as the writer and executive producer. Ramin Bahrani will direct the pilot and also serve as an executive producer. Ben Smith and Jeffrey Weiner will executive produce on behalf of Captivate. Justin Levy will executive produce alongside Bradley Thomas for Imperative Entertainment.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/usa-...ne-1202750969/

Sounded interesting until I saw Tim Kring's name.
Old 04-12-18, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
re: Treadstone (USA) -- Bourne spinoff series -- premieres 10/15/19

Sounds well outside Kring’s typical workings.

I’d rather they focus on a new Bourne film, because that last one was noT worth the wait. They really should have blended in the Aaron Cross storyline from the other film.
Old 04-12-18, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Sounded interesting until I saw Tim Kring's name.
I literally said the same thing in my head. Reading the summary, looks good so far. See his name. I'm out.
Old 08-16-18, 06:11 PM

Bourne’ Offshoot Drama ‘Treadstone’ Gets Straight-To-Series Order At USA Network, In Talks For Amazon Deal
https://deadline.com/2018/08/bourne-...on-1202447044/
Old 08-16-18, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Hmmm, I’ll be curious who they cast as the lead.

Maybe things will be different with Kring not writing a superhero show.
Old 08-17-18, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Hmmm, I’ll be curious who they cast as the lead.

Maybe things will be different with Kring not writing a superhero show.
I'm hoping for Mohinder.
Old 11-08-18, 04:20 PM

USA Network has found its leading men for its Bourne spinoff Treadstone.

Jeremy Irvine (Mamma Mia 2) and Brian J. Smith (Sense8) have been tapped to topline the straight-to-series drama from Tim Kring (Heroes).

Treadstone explores the origin story and present-day actions of the covert program that uses behavior modification protocol to turn recruits into nearly superhuman assassins. The first season will follow sleeper agents across the globe as they're mysteriously "awakened" to resume their deadly missions. Production on the series will begin in 2019.

Irvine will star as J. Randolph Bentley, a spy dispatched by the CIA to eliminate a key target but who ends up embroiled in an international conspiracy. Irvine's credits include Mamma Mia 2, Paradise Hills, War Horse, Fallen, Great Expectations and Billionaire Boys Club. He's repped by UTA, Independent Talent Group and Schreck Rose.

Smith, meanwhile, will play Doug McKenna, an all-American oil-rig worker whose life changes after he discovers long-buried truths about himself. The actor most recently was the lead in CBS' buzzy L.A. Confidential pilot last year that surprisingly did not go forward (or find a new home after being shopped). His TV credits include Stargate Universe, Gossip Girl and features 22 Chaser, The Passing Season and The War Boys. He's repped by Innovative Artists and Principal Entertainment L.A.

Treadstone hails from Universal Pictures TV sibling Universal Cable Productions. Kring serves as writer and exec producer. Ramin Bahrani (Fahrenheit 451) will direct the pilot and exec produce alongside Ben Smith and Jeffrey Weiner of the Bourne franchise's Captivate; Imperative Entertainment's Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas; and Justin Levy.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...cebook_2018118
Old 11-08-18, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Smith was not a strong point on SGU if I recall. Not bad per se, but didn’t leave a particular impression. Haven’t seen him in anything since, so hopefully with experience he’s improved.
Old 07-23-19, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

1st teaser

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YLS4DToLPdc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-09-19, 11:49 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R2SqONEpNlk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Executive producer Ben Smith, who also served as producer of Jason Bourne and The Bourne Legacy, shared insight into the drama and how its storyline weaves into those from the films.

The Tim Kring developed series, premiering in October, stars Brian J. Smith, Jeremy Irvine, Michelle Forbes, Omar Metwally, Tracy Ifeachor, Han Hyo-joo, Gabrielle Scharnitzky, Michael Gaston, Shruti Haasan, and Emilia Schüle.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The first trailer sets up the series by asking, What is Treadstone? What can you share about what it means overall in the universe and what it means within the series?
BEN SMITH: Treadstone was a top-secret black-ops program that used different forms of behavioral modification and extreme training to turn recruits into nearly super-human weapons. Treadstone was formed as a response to a Congressional Act which banned assassinations.

There were other programs that sprang from this including BLACKBRIAR and CICADA. Treadstone was officially shut down after the events surrounding Jason Bourne exposed it. Our series starts when the CIA learns that someone is “waking up” these agents in different parts of the world that were part of a Treadstone program called “Cicada”.

These Cicadas have very different trajectories upon finding themselves “awakened” over a decade after volunteering for a black-ops program of which they have no memory. Their ordinary cover lives, which they believed to be real, are thrown into chaos when they are activated to perform deadly missions. Their journey will take viewers on a thrilling ride as they uncover the truth.

Instead of focusing mainly on one character like in the Bourne films, Treadstone will follow multiple sleeper agents. What insight can you give into how each episode will follow each character?
Although our series follows multiple storylines, each episode will vary in terms of how much time we spend with certain characters based on where we are at in telling our story. The characters we follow are not just Cicadas. Others include a disgraced journalist working as a London taxi driver and an elderly couple living in the countryside of Russia.

We follow our characters’ personal journeys as they try to make sense of these events and eventual crossover between the stories becomes more and more likely as the season continues.

With Treadstone bouncing between origin stories and present-day, will there be any crossover at any point with the films?
The events from Jason Bourne’s story are definitely present as they had a long-lasting impact on the CIA and many of our characters.

Will there be one agent from the group that you have plans to line-up for a Jason Bourne-esque lead?
We have many, including a captured CIA officer and former Vietnam Vet whom we meet in a KGB facility in East Berlin in 1973, an American oil rig worker in the arctic, and a housewife and piano teacher living in North Korea. The idea that there can be latent near super-human skillsets in the most unexpected people, and what each of them go through on their journeys of self-discovery I believe will establish all of them as unforgettable.
https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/09/watch-e...VWWrMeJbFyFTIk
Old 09-24-19, 08:26 AM

Re: Treadstone (USA) -- Bourne spinoff series -- premieres 10/15/19

Apparently USA is airing the pilot tonight.
Old 09-24-19, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
Apparently USA is airing the pilot tonight.
thanks. Added to DVR
Old 09-25-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I'll never watch anything again with Kring. You know all of his little writing tricks if you've watched a couple of his shows.
Old 09-25-19, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk God

I tried to record the preview of the Pilot last night. I tried to set it with my phone because I was at work and realized I forgot to set up the DVR, but it didn't record. Oh well, I have plenty of stuff to watch and catch up on. I'll wait until this officially airs on the 15th.
Old 10-15-19, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Officially premieres tonight
Old 10-15-19, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Realized I never followed up. We watched the early preview the other week, which was indeed the first full episode. It was an interesting hour of viewing.

The story was missing some exposition to set things up. Could have used an extra scene to provide so-what and what’s next. Could prove that episodes 1 + 2 are more powerful together.

I will say fight choreography was amazing. Just like you’re watching a Bourne film, but on tv!
Old 10-17-19, 06:42 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

Anyone else see this? Guess not or not good given the crickets or perhaps not a chance yet. Didn’t realize just came out yesterday...
Old 10-17-19, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Anyone else see this? Guess not or not good given the crickets or perhaps not a chance yet. Didn’t realize just came out yesterday...
I watched it yesterday, it was fairly interesting.
Old 10-18-19, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Kinda reminded me of 24. Complex, requires attention. When they showed the CIA command center I thought, "not another command center show". We'll see.
Old 10-18-19, 04:16 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Fight scenes will keep me watching

I hope the conspiracy stuff doesn't get too convoluted
Old 10-18-19, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
Kinda reminded me of 24. Complex, requires attention. When they showed the CIA command center I thought, "not another command center show". We'll see.
If the CIA has a mole, you'll know it's exactly like 24.
Old 10-18-19, 06:36 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
If the CIA has a mole, you'll know it's exactly like 24.
I would say so far it's more Tom Clancy meets Banshee. The spy/conspiracy stuff from Tom Clancy and the 'everyone is an unarmed combat bad ass' aspect of Banshee

Old 10-20-19, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Enjoyed the Pilot.
Hopefully, it continues to deliver...
Old 10-20-19, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
Enjoyed the Pilot.
Hopefully, it continues to deliver...
Roger that, really enjoyed but hope it does not go off the rails. The combat scenes were as good as if not better than feature film quality.
Old 10-22-19, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I gave up after the first episode. A little too slick for my tastes. Great combat scenes for television, but I've grown increasingly tired of seeing 100-pound actresses portrayed as world-class combat fighters in "grounded" action shows.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.