TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Timeless (S2E04) -- "The Salem Witch Hunt" -- 4/8/18

Old 04-08-18, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Timeless (S2E04) -- "The Salem Witch Hunt" -- 4/8/18

"TIMELESS"

"THE SALEM WITCH HUNT" ORIGINAL

04/08/2018 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Sunday) : While Wyatt (Matt Lanter) sneaks away from the bunker to face an unbelievable truth, Lucy (Abigail Spencer), Rufus (Malcolm Barrett) and their former enemy-turned- teammate, Garcia Flynn (Goran Visnjic), chase the Mothership to the Salem Witch Trials. There they must prevent the execution of a headstrong young woman who, it turns out, is mother to one of the most consequential Americans of all time - the yet to be born Benjamin Franklin. When Lucy is accused of being a witch, the team rallies together not only to save Abiah (guest star Sofia Vassilieva) and Lucy (Abigail Spencer), but all the accused women. TV-PG D, V

Episode 4 of 10
Old 04-08-18, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: Timeless (S2E04) -- "The Salem Witch Hunt" -- 4/8/18

Looking forward to this time period.
Old 04-08-18, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Ohh!!! I wondered how they were going to get Garcia back to Salem in this episode. Looks like Wyatt will still be off with Jessica.

Monday’s are a bit rough, but I’ve been making it a point to stay up and line tweet this. Pretty fun and. The tweeting making the commercials disappear!
Old 04-08-18, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty good episode. Love Flynn taking charge in Salem.
Old 04-09-18, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good episode! Who knew Benjamin Franklin’s mom was hot? Haha

I always like the history recap they do when they get back from a trip. What changes happened, etc.
Old 04-09-18, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Good episode! Who knew Benjamin Franklin’s mom was hot? Haha

I always like the history recap they do when they get back from a trip. What changes happened, etc.
Agree good episode!

Flynn was pretty bad ass. Good joke with him trying to find a gun most of the episode. He had a pretty cool shoot, flip, knife move there at the end too.

Bold move by Wyatt to bring his wife in, but makes sense. I doubt she’s some sort of sleeper agent, but I do think her reappearance is the result of Rittenhouse actions.

I think a big question surrounds Jiya’s visions. Are they wrong, and did Rufus change things, and/or did time correct itself? I’d have to rewatch, but I think everything happened as she saw, just out of order.

Thinking Lucy’s mom realized her grandfather is a psycho and she realizes she backed the wrong horse!
Old 04-09-18, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Never expected Wyatt to tell Jessica that he time travels (or show her the bunker), so that was cool. Makes me wonder if she's been turned into a sleeper agent in this new timeline, and now that she has access to the lifeboat if she'll sabotage it.
Old 04-09-18, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Never expected Wyatt to tell Jessica that he time travels (or show her the bunker), so that was cool. Makes me wonder if she's been turned into a sleeper agent in this new timeline, and now that she has access to the lifeboat if she'll sabotage it.
The team just doesn't think anything through.

Lucy saving 8 women or Rufus talking to Hedy Lamarr could have had disastrous consequences, and this kind of foolish activism should have serious consequences if the writers aren't lazy.

Second, going to 1980 to save a woman who was killed in 2010 (or thereabouts) should have been a much larger red flag. Not just why they did it, but how they could have had such a deep knowledge of time that some manipulation in 1980 affects the death of somebody 30 years later? Maybe they eliminated her murderer, but if so how did they know who that was and why so long ago? They should be thinking much harder about the deep game Rittenhouse is playing.
Old 04-09-18, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When that one guy got run over by the horse and carriage, I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m sure it wasn’t the intention of the writers, but that was some funny shit.
Old 04-10-18, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Great episode. Loved the time period.

Should be interesting what they have in store for Wyatt's wife now that she knows what's going on.

Even though Flynn is still not a good guy, I enjoyed seeing him take charge in Salem.
Old 04-10-18, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
The team just doesn't think anything through.

Lucy saving 8 women or Rufus talking to Hedy Lamarr could have had disastrous consequences, and this kind of foolish activism should have serious consequences if the writers aren't lazy.

Second, going to 1980 to save a woman who was killed in 2010 (or thereabouts) should have been a much larger red flag. Not just why they did it, but how they could have had such a deep knowledge of time that some manipulation in 1980 affects the death of somebody 30 years later? Maybe they eliminated her murderer, but if so how did they know who that was and why so long ago? They should be thinking much harder about the deep game Rittenhouse is playing.
I think it’s much simpler than that. They probably recruited the guy that killed her or killed him. Just stopping him saves Jessica.

I agree with the cavalier attitude about changing history. Step on enough butterflies through history and they might not like the outcome. Writers don’t seem to care though.
Old 04-10-18, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

The funniest line was Flynn's "You have much bigger problems to worry about if your girlfriend is fantasizing about pilgrims" to Rufus.
Old 04-10-18, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The funniest line was Flynn's "You have much bigger problems to worry about if your girlfriend is fantasizing about pilgrims" to Rufus.
😁 I had to play this back a couple of times though. Sometimes his accent is thick and he speaks softly, so I don't always understand him the first time.
Old 04-11-18, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg

I agree with the cavalier attitude about changing history. Step on enough butterflies through history and they might not like the outcome. Writers don’t seem to care though.
Yep. That's always been my biggest problem with this show, since it takes itself seriously.
Old 04-11-18, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly what i was thinking. I was very worried that bringing her into things at this point as a love triangle thing was stupid, and a waste of what little time they could have on this series, but love what ELSE they have done with her return. Even if she's not a sleeper, it's great to have character in on it all.

I figured early on lats season that Flynn would end up as a ally, and essentially join the team. Wasn't disappointed at all when it finally happened. His back and forth the the rest of the team was awesome.
Old 04-11-18, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What did Lucy's mom slip into her hand at the jail?
Old 04-12-18, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jessica can keep Wyatt. Flynn should be on every mission.
Old 04-12-18, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did Lucy's mom slip into her hand at the jail?
The knife they used to escape?
Old 04-12-18, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
The knife they used to escape?
Oh. Hmm... So does that mean Lucy's mom thought Lucy would use it in the cell to pick the lock, or did she assume at some point Lucy's hands would be bound with rope (as opposed to shackles)? Or did she expect Lucy to stab her captors with it? Just seems like it wouldn't necessarily ensure Lucy's escape, yet that's all she did to try to save Lucy from the noose.
Old 04-13-18, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
When that one guy got run over by the horse and carriage, I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m sure it wasn’t the intention of the writers, but that was some funny shit.

No it wasn't.
Old 04-14-18, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yep. That's always been my biggest problem with this show, since it takes itself seriously.
Time travel show. Butterfly effect. I mean, they could basically "kill" themselves in every episode with all the changes they made in history. So we aren't supposed to think too hard about it.

So yeah, that's my final answer, enjoy the ride, it's a fun ride, don't think too hard. Check also Bruce Willis explanation in Looper.