Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Boys (Amazon) C: Rogen, Goldberg, Kripke -- based on the comic -- S: Karl Urban -- premieres 7/26/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Boys (Amazon) C: Rogen, Goldberg, Kripke -- based on the comic -- S: Karl Urban -- premieres 7/26/19

Old 08-29-19, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Boys (Amazon) C: Rogen, Goldberg, Kripke -- based on the comic -- S: Karl Urban -- premieres 7/26

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Not sure if this has been asked in this thread yet, but does anyone else think that Starlight
Spoiler:
is pregnant by Hughie? When she was throwing up, that's the first thing I thought.
In the first episode?

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that was just her reaction to giving in to Deep's demand.
Old 08-29-19, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Boys (Amazon) C: Rogen, Goldberg, Kripke -- based on the comic -- S: Karl Urban -- premieres 7/26

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
In the first episode?

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that was just her reaction to giving in to Deep's demand.
No it was later episode

Spoiler:
Vought was hosting a party where we see Edgar first time. She threw up in the bathroom and she and Maeve talked.
Old 08-29-19, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
No it was later episode

Spoiler:
Vought was hosting a party where we see Edgar first time. She threw up in the bathroom and she and Maeve talked.
Wasn't she like crazy drunk at the time?

It also gave her amazing Wolverine-like tracking powers to find Hughie, so maybe you're onto something though.
Old 08-29-19, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Finished the show up a few days ago and loved it. Great ending and great setup for Season 2.

I also noticed the fly - I haven't read any spoilers, I just figured it was an Ant-Man analogue who'd come in later.

I laughed out loud when Black Noir started playing the piano.

Bring on Season 2!
Old 08-29-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
No it was later episode

Spoiler:
That is exactly what I thought as well... actually thought it was somewhat telegraphed as a plot line as well.
Old 08-29-19, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Before the Supe terrorists starting appearing, wouldn't anyone think it was weird that all of the 'naturally' created Supes all were in the USA ? no European , Asian or African natural Supes
Old 08-29-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Original Desmond View Post
Before the Supe terrorists starting appearing, wouldn't anyone think it was weird that all of the 'naturally' created Supes all were in the USA ? no European , Asian or African natural Supes
Plus they were all signed to Vought (unless they were discarded). Like nobody thought it was suspicious that every single superhero contracted with them? And nobody that signed NDAs went off the grid (like the father) and revealed the secret? Even if it was just a rumor being supressed you'd figure it wouldn't come as a surprise to the CIA.
Old 08-29-19, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Plus they were all signed to Vought (unless they were discarded). Like nobody thought it was suspicious that every single superhero contracted with them? And nobody that signed NDAs went off the grid (like the father) and revealed the secret? Even if it was just a rumor being supressed you'd figure it wouldn't come as a surprise to the CIA.
They clearly show Vaught using their Supers to eliminate their detractors. Seems likely they were doing this large scale, especially with someone like Homelander on their side. The government was aware, but powerless to do anything about it.
Old 09-04-19, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe I’m crazy, but was Stillwell supposed to be Homelander’s birth mother? She kept calling him “my boy,” even while having sex, and he was so jealous of her baby, like he resented that she kept that baby but gave him up to be raised in a lab.
Old 09-04-19, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Homelander had kind of an Oedipal Complex. I don't think Stillwell was his actual mother, but since he grew up without one and since she was an authority figure for him he expressed those kinds of feelings toward her. Stillwell calling him "my boy" while having sex was role-play. She did it because she knew it was what he wanted.
Old 09-07-19, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just finished the last couple episodes up last night. I really love this show. It took me a couple episodes to get into it but once the series got rolling it really turned great fast. Itís without a doubt my favorite ďstreaming showĒ that Iíve watched so far.

I also noticed the fly buzzing around and figure itís some sort of Ant-man type character being set up (I havenít read any spoilers so thatís just a guess).

Also, without reading any spoilers, Iím waiting for Lamplighter to show back up after finding out what he did to the CIA ladyís family.
Old 09-07-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm surprised Dan Trachtenberg isn't in more demand, he only has like three notable director credits (10 Cloverfield Lane, Playtest (Black Mirror) and The Boys pilot) but they've all been rock solid.