Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Last O.G. (TBS) -- C: Peele, S: Tracy Morgan, Tiffany Haddish, Cedric

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-18, 06:43 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
The Last O.G. (TBS) -- C: Peele, S: Tracy Morgan, Tiffany Haddish, Cedric

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JiuNCZJcYsg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comedy superstar and multiple Emmy(R) nominee Tracy Morgan returns to television with TBS starring in The Last O.G., a new comedy series that he executive produces alongside creator and executive producer Jordan Peele. TBS, which currently dominates as the number onetelevision's #1 comedy network, adds the new Morgan/Peele series to this year's slate of programming to continue its solid and successful run of well- received original series. Beginning April 3, episodes will air Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The Last O.G. centers on Tray (Morgan), an ex-con shocked to see just how much the world has changed when he is released from prison for on good behavior after a 15-year stint. Returning to his newly gentrified Brooklyn neighborhood, he discovers that his former girlfriend, Shay (played by emerging, breakout star actress and comedian Tiffany Haddish), has married an affable, successful white man (Ryan Gaul) who is helping raise the twins (Taylor Mosby & Dante Hoagland) Tray never knew existed. Wanting nothing more than to connect with his kids, but having neither the money to support them nor himself, Tray falls back on the skills he learned in prison to make ends meet while treading on unfamiliar territory. The Last O.G. also stars Cedric the Entertainer as the head of the halfway house where Tray is staying, and Allen Maldonado as Tray's cousin Bobby, who helps him adjust to life on the outside. Executive-producing with Morgan and Peele are Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum, John Carcieri and Joel Zadak of Principato Young. Among the guest stars lined up for The Last O.G. are Edi Patterson (Vice Principals), Chrissy Metz (This is Us), Malik Yoba (Designated Survivor), Joel Marsh Garland (Orange is the New Black), Heather Simms (As the World Turns), Wendy Makkena (NCIS) and Ray Anthony Thomas (The Hoop Life).

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Allen Maldonado as Cousin Bobby
· Cedric the Entertainer as Miniard Mullins
· Dante Hoagland as Shahzad
· Ryan Gaul as Josh
· Taylor Mosby as Amira
· Tiffany Haddish as Shay
· Tracy Morgan as Tray

CREW INFORMATION:
· Eric Tannenbaum as EP
· Joel Zadak as EP
· John Carcieri as CRTR/EP
· Jordan Peele as CRTR/EP
· Kim Tannenbaum as EP
· Saladin K. Patterson as EP
· Tracy Morgan as EP
Old 04-04-18, 01:10 PM

Re: The Last O.G. (TBS) -- C: Peele, S: Tracy Morgan, Tiffany Haddish, Cedric

I wasn't intending on watching this, but I figured I'd give it a shot due to the people involved.

I actually thought it was pretty good. It's worth checking out the first episode at least if you're remotely interested.
Old 04-05-18, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This filmed a lot in my neighborhood so I wanted to watch to play the "Where is this?" game.
Old 12-04-18, 04:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

g-damn is this a great show. just finished the first season and loved every minute of every episode. can't wait for more. Morgan is just magnificent, as is the supporting cast, including Haddish.
Old 12-05-18, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I loved this too - very funny!
Old 01-16-19, 09:47 AM

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DJo1q_-6nfA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The all new season of The Last O.G premieres April 2 on TBS. Tray (Tracy Morgan) goes all in on his dreams of becoming a chef and Shay (Tiffany Haddish) has an intriguing business venture of her own on the horizon. The series, co-created by Jordan Peele, debuted in 2018 as the #1 new cable comedy.
Old 04-02-19, 09:36 AM

Comedy superstars Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish are back for a second helping of The Last O.G., which debuted as 2018's #1 new cable comedy and the biggest cable comedy premiere since 2015, reaching 43.1 million viewers across all platforms in season one. The series, co-created by Jordan Peele, will return to TBS on Tuesday, April 2 at 10:30pm ET/PT. After losing his job, Tray (Morgan) goes all in on his dreams of becoming a chef. Tiffany Haddish stars as Tray's ex-girlfriend Shay, who has an intriguing business venture of her own on the horizon. Season two also features returning series regulars Ryan Gaul, who plays Shay's affable husband Josh; Allen Maldonado, who plays Tray's goofy but well-intentioned cousin Bobby; and Taylor Mosby and Dante Hoagland, who play Tray and Shay's teenage children, Shahzad and Amira. Among the new guest stars joining the cast in Brooklyn are legendary hip hop artists Method Man, Rev Run, Talib Kweli, and Rakim, as well as Bresha Webb (Marlon), Diarra Kilpatrick (American Koko), Anna Maria Horsford (The Bold and the Beautiful), Joshua Rivera (Escape at Dannemora), Dan Hedaya (The Usual Suspects), Brian Sacca (Wrecked), and Jack McBrayer (30 Rock).
Old 04-02-19, 02:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

can't wait!
Old 04-02-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Yet another in the long list of shows that no one is watching at DVD Talk.

I saw the 1st season is on Netflix and maybe if I have time, I'll try to binge it. It does look funny.
Old 05-15-19, 01:47 PM

Renewed: https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-las...bs-1202615223/
Old 05-22-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I continue to enjoy this show every week. Anyone one the fence about watching - definitely give it a shot.
Old 11-10-21, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Anyone watching the new season? It seems to have gotten kind of hardcore. Many uses of the n-word and bleeped out f-words every episode now. Seems kind of extreme for a TBS comedy.

Also, Tiffany Haddish is not there this season. I think I've missed the in show explanation for where she's supposed to be. Not sure if she will return at some point.
Old 04-27-22, 10:19 AM

The Last O.G. has aired its last episode.
TVLine has learned exclusively that TBS’ Brooklyn-centric comedy starring Tracy Morgan and co-created by Jordan Peele will not be back for a fifth season. Sources tell us that the show’s creatives were informed of the cabler’s decision months ago, easily predating the news that broke this week about TBS (and TNT) easing out of the scripted originals business.
https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/the-la...g-no-season-5/
Old 04-27-22, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Enjoyed it but can't say I'm heartbroken about it ending.