Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E14) -- "Still Gotta Mean Something" -- 4/1/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-18, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The Walking Dead (S8E14) -- "Still Gotta Mean Something" -- 4/1/18

"The Walking Dead" Season 8 continues Sunday, April 1st at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the all-new episode, "Still Gotta Mean Something" a Heaps prisoner makes a discovery. As Carol searches for someone in the nearby forest, Rick and Morgan find themselves in the company of strangers.

Episode 14 of 16
Old 04-01-18, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E14) -- "Still Gotta Mean Something" -- 4/1/18

Does it though? Does it?
Old 04-01-18, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

All set for some heavy philosophical questions to be answered tonight.
Old 04-01-18, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Already feels like a filler episode.
Old 04-01-18, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by spsimmons
Already feels like a filler episode.
Yep, pretty much at this point one could just watch the season premiere, mid-season finale, mid-season premiere, and season finale and get the whole picture without all the added non-sense fluff.
Old 04-01-18, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Place your bets ... over/under for appearances of the ghost Savior haunting Morgan. The line is 3.5.

What the hell is a “Heaps prisoner”? Negan? If so, it gives away the reveal that the junkyard isn’t a junkyard (our previous speculation here). Why else would you name that group Heaps?
Old 04-01-18, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Place your bets ... over/under for appearances of the ghost Savior haunting Morgan. The line is 3.5.

What the hell is a “Heaps prisoner”? Negan? If so, it gives away the reveal that the junkyard isn’t a junkyard (our previous speculation here). Why else would you name that group Heaps?
As in "garbage heap" or "heap of garbage". It's not a junkyard, it's a garbage dump.
Old 04-01-18, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Some decent zombie action in this one. Haven't seen guys being eaten alive in awhile. At least Greg Nicotero got to work in this one more extensively.

But other than the zombie attack, it was mostly the same, wash, rinse and repeat. Mostly filler and Morgan seems to be losing it again.

Makes me curious how he's going to depart this show in 2 weeks and head to Texas for the spinoff. Still don't know if the timelines for the 2 shows are going to sync up or if they're going back in time.

The promos for Fear show Morgan carrying his stick. So it could be shortly after his time with Eastman or he's simply sick of this group and decides to move on.

The Negan and Jadis scenes were lame.
Old 04-01-18, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Unless FTWD has a time jump, Morgan's appearance there has to be a previous event. At least I believe the timeline of FTWD is around the time of season 3 of TWD. But I suppose I could be totally wrong. It's not like they specifically express how much time passes on these seasons (heck this season of TWD seems like it's all taken place within a 4-5 day period).
Old 04-01-18, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
Unless FTWD has a time jump, Morgan's appearance there has to be a previous event. At least I believe the timeline of FTWD is around the time of season 3 of TWD. But I suppose I could be totally wrong. It's not like they specifically express how much time passes on these seasons (heck this season of TWD seems like it's all taken place within a 4-5 day period).
My understanding is that the new season of FTWD will begin with a time jump.
Old 04-02-18, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m assuming Negan picked up Gregory.

While they didn’t accomplish much, the Negan/Jadis scenes were the only ones that advanced anything that I care about. I’m just intrigued by what the shit is going on with Jadis.

I just don’t get Morgan ... and I quit caring awhile ago.
Old 04-02-18, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I’m assuming Negan picked up Gregory.
That's a good guess. Also could be the woman Savior that knows about Dwight flopping sides. She's been MIA a while now.
Old 04-02-18, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
That's a good guess. Also could be the woman Savior that knows about Dwight flopping sides. She's been MIA a while now.
I was thinking it's Dwight's wife. I remember he went out to find her, or kill her, came back and lied to Negan she was dead. Now Dwight's shit is on the line. Negan has two scores to settle.
Old 04-02-18, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The promos for Fear show Morgan carrying his stick. So it could be shortly after his time with Eastman or he's simply sick of this group and decides to move on.
If Morgan has the stick, then it has to take place between Walking Dead 3.12 and 5.01, or after season eight.

There really doesn't seem like there's enough time between 3.12 and 5.01 for crazy-assed Morgan to hook up with Eastman and become zen Morgan, become a regular on FTWD, and then set out on the road to Terminus.

If it's pre-Terminus Morgan, then they'll probably kill him off in 8.16. If it's not, then they'll need to time jump FTWD up to TWD's timeline and make their timelines concurrent. Which might be something they're looking at if they want to merge the series/characters/storylines in the near future.
Old 04-02-18, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few questions..
What was the gun battle at the beginning of the show when Jar Jar covered Negan up? Had the saviors come back to shoot at the ghosts? She was the only one left.

How did Rick and Morgan get captured?

Was I the only one who saw the guy Negan picked up? Wasn't it the guy he was talking to when he pulled up to the sanctuary?

A lot was made on TTD about the BIG REVEAL of Negan and Lucille. Am I the only one who remembers his telling Gabriel about her?
Old 04-02-18, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by smorbie
A few questions..
What was the gun battle at the beginning of the show when Jar Jar covered Negan up? Had the saviors come back to shoot at the ghosts? She was the only one left.

How did Rick and Morgan get captured?

Was I the only one who saw the guy Negan picked up? Wasn't it the guy he was talking to when he pulled up to the sanctuary?

A lot was made on TTD about the BIG REVEAL of Negan and Lucille. Am I the only one who remembers his telling Gabriel about her?
That was a flashback at the beginning to show how she survived the massacre by playing dead. That wasn't Negan she was covering up.

The POW escapees snuck up on Morgan and Rick. Knocked Rick out.

I didn't see who he picked up. Whoever it was Negan has hidden, probably in the trunk. The guy he was talking to was a guard at the gate. Negan is keeping the person secret so he can spring it on the person he's going to fuck with. "Look who I found Dwight"
Old 04-02-18, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Every time Negan brings up people being a resource (again in this episode) I chuckle over the fact that his insistence on keeping Hilltop, Alexandria, and the Kingdom enslaved in order to receive tribute of a dozen watermelons and couple of crates of vegetables a week has gotten what? Three or four hundred of his people killed?

Last edited by Bill Needle; 04-02-18 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-02-18, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
If Morgan has the stick, then it has to take place between Walking Dead 3.12 and 5.01, or after season eight.

There really doesn't seem like there's enough time between 3.12 and 5.01 for crazy-assed Morgan to hook up with Eastman and become zen Morgan, become a regular on FTWD, and then set out on the road to Terminus.

If it's pre-Terminus Morgan, then they'll probably kill him off in 8.16. If it's not, then they'll need to time jump FTWD up to TWD's timeline and make their timelines concurrent. Which might be something they're looking at if they want to merge the series/characters/storylines in the near future.
FTWD is now the same timeline as TWD.

Morgan will leave at the end of this season and join FTWD, which will have a time jump.

This has been known for months now.

Both shows are now the same timeline...like Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.
Old 04-02-18, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

I wish they would just stop with the re-hashing of the same old "deep and meaningful" conversations.
It's so tiring to sit through and is basically filler and poor attempts at trying to make the show appear deeper than it really is.

So garbage-lady basically attempted to kill Rick a few times even though he really didn't do anything to her people, but she lets Negan go even though he's indirectly responsible for the death of all her people?

I'm so grateful for the internet, for it has given me something to do while "watching" this show.
Old 04-02-18, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Did I miss the scene on how Negan got a gun and a lit flare and the sacred pictures? WTF??

Originally Posted by Bill Needle

Looks like they telegraphed that in the preview for next week.
Old 04-02-18, 11:06 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Morgan and Rick seem to be more evil than good these days. All in all I liked the episode. Only drawback is the kid Henry didn't die.
Old 04-02-18, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the way Negan approached the person he gave a ride to it has to be the female savior that knows of Dwight's betrayal. Especially with the comment of how they looked it would have to be someone that was out on their own for a while and if it was Sherri I would think it would be more of a surprised response considering he things Dwight killed her. Also, with Negan wanting his return to be a surprise I am guessing he wants to surprise both of his Lt's that have disobeyed him.
Old 04-02-18, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega
Morgan and Rick seem to be more evil than good these days. All in all I liked the episode. Only drawback is the kid Henry didn't die.
Yeah Henry is shaping up to be a giant PITA for some time to come. Hope I’m wrong. Also the Jadis/Negan scenes were pretty hard to swallow.

But to the show’s credit, overall I still think this half season has been much improved. And Rick/Morgan going through with wiping out the Savior escapees actually pleasantly surprised me — even if it was just to set up Rick to get “Carl-ed” when he got back.
Old 04-02-18, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Did I miss the scene on how Negan got a gun and a lit flare and the sacred pictures? WTF??
Was wondering the same thing. From reading other message boards, apparently not.

What a weird edit.
Old 04-02-18, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

I actually came in here waiting for that to get crucified and no one mentioned it before me. I have to admit that even had ME rolling my eyes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.