TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E14) -- "Still Gotta Mean Something" -- 4/1/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-18, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E14) -- "Still Gotta Mean Something" -- 4/1/18

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Did I miss the scene on how Negan got a gun and a lit flare and the sacred pictures? WTF??
I assumed my internet surfing while viewing made me miss when it happened, and I didn't care enough to go back to see what I missed. I guess I didn't miss anything. Pretty dumb scene.
Old 04-02-18, 01:31 PM
DBP
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the scene where Jadis leaves Negan there's a fairly long, low-level shot of Negan strapped down - the way he was tied it looked like he could easily slip his hands out, so when he'd managed to do it wasn't really a big shock I thought. It would have been more surprising if he hadn't.
Old 04-02-18, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I did everytime Negan kept saying "What the shit?"
Old 04-02-18, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
Morgan and Rick seem to be more evil than good these days. All in all I liked the episode. Only drawback is the kid Henry didn't die.
I already know it, but I am warped. When Henry turned around as a zombie, I shouted, "Yes!" When he spoke, I shouted, "No!"
Old 04-02-18, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I assumed my internet surfing while viewing made me miss when it happened, and I didn't care enough to go back to see what I missed. I guess I didn't miss anything. Pretty dumb scene.
Whew. I was gonna say something too. I felt like I did back in college when I was confused about what the professor was talking about, but was too afraid to admit I'd zoned out for the previous bit and would be chastised if I spoke up.
Old 04-02-18, 09:10 PM

Just pained it through. Another filler. Most of these "saviors" are dead. Please get rid oof Tara and that stupid kid too.
Old 04-03-18, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516
That was a flashback at the beginning to show how she survived the massacre by playing dead. That wasn't Negan she was covering up.

The POW escapees snuck up on Morgan and Rick. Knocked Rick out.

I didn't see who he picked up. Whoever it was Negan has hidden, probably in the trunk. The guy he was talking to was a guard at the gate. Negan is keeping the person secret so he can spring it on the person he's going to fuck with. "Look who I found Dwight"
Thank you so much. :3
Old 04-03-18, 07:28 AM

Yeah that part was stupid. If they'd showed him wriggling his hands to get them free, it would have made more sense. Also, always put a bag of your valuables next to the person you are planning to set on fire (if that's what she was going to do).

The whole episode felt kind of disjointed to me.

And, I'm going to have to depend on you guys to get me through the next 2 weeks. I cancelled my cable yesterday and it's too late to buy a season pass.
Old 04-03-18, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Did I miss the scene on how Negan got a gun and a lit flare and the sacred pictures? WTF??.
She strapped him to a one of those "creepers" (What mechanics use to lay on and roll under a car on their back with).

When she left - he rolled over to her suitcase and some how unzipped it, went through her stuff, got a gun - and I presume managed to cock the slide back with one hand and strapped down, lit a flair, found some nice pictures, and rolled back into position for dramatic effect.

He never got his hands free
Old 04-03-18, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

One thing I'm super tired of on this show is that characters seem to love playing that old Looney Tunes bit. The one where Bugs and Daffy are like:
Bugs: No, it's not!
Daffy: Yes, it is!
Bugs: No, it's not!
Daffy: Yes, it is!
Bugs: Yes, it is!
Daffy: No, it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like wasn't it a few episodes that Tara wanted strangle Dwight to death? Now this one thing happens with an arrow and she's the most passionate pro-Dwight person in the group.

The same with Morgan and Carol. They've switched places in the whole "kill everyone/save everyone" game, I can't keep it straight anymore. And they'll argue at each other as if we didn't already see each of them on the opposite of the debate multiple times!

The writers seem to think this is compelling and interesting.
Old 04-03-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by smorbie
Yeah that part was stupid. If they'd showed him wriggling his hands to get them free, it would have made more sense. Also, always put a bag of your valuables next to the person you are planning to set on fire (if that's what she was going to do).

The whole episode felt kind of disjointed to me.

And, I'm going to have to depend on you guys to get me through the next 2 weeks. I cancelled my cable yesterday and it's too late to buy a season pass.
You can always purchase episodes 15 and 16 a la carte.
Old 04-03-18, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
The same with Morgan and Carol. They've switched places in the whole "kill everyone/save everyone" game, I can't keep it straight anymore. And they'll argue at each other as if we didn't already see each of them on the opposite of the debate multiple times!
Definitely.

It seems like at one point or another, every character will have some sort of dilemma (moral or otherwise) that prevents them from killing - and then they'll snap out of it so someone else can have a turn.
Old 04-03-18, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Every time Negan brings up people being a resource (again in this episode) I chuckle over the fact that his insistence on keeping Hilltop, Alexandria, and the Kingdom enslaved in order to receive tribute of a dozen watermelons and couple of crates of vegetables a week has gotten what? Three or four hundred of his people killed?
Death is no object for the man who really likes fruits and vegetables.
Old 04-04-18, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
You can always purchase episodes 15 and 16 a la carte.
Thanks! That's exactly what I did.
Old 04-05-18, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walk...ow-1202742756/

Variety:

The AMC zombie drama pulled in a 2.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.3 million viewers in Live+Same Day. That is a decline of approximately 11% in the demo from last week and 7% in total viewers. That is also a new low for Season 8 of the series, but past seasons have also hit lows around the same point. The previous two weeks saw modest gains over prior season low of a 2.8 and 6.6 million viewers set by the March 11 episode.
Old 04-06-18, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I still haven't watched the last two episodes. TWD episode threads seem to be dying off after a few days and cant even seem to sustain the hate viewers ire that had kept the threads alive in the past. I may binge watch the last of the season depending on feedback from the finale. As someone pointed out, at this point it seems about 4 episodes a season matter. Premiere, mid season finale, mid season premiere and the season finale. I may finally be ready to bail. Damn, I used to rewatch the show at least one extra time to pick up extra tidbits and then rewatch the season before the next one started sometimes binge watching the entire series. Now I could care less.
Old 04-06-18, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
Now I could care less.
I was a big fan and staunch defender of the show for a long time, but I gave up at the beginning of this season. I will probably binge it on Netflix in the Fall just out of a sense of completion, but wow did this show lose itself over the last couple of seasons.
Old 04-06-18, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I stopped watching the show after the first episode of this new mid season. Just can not bring myself to watch the episodes I am still recording.

Maybe before the last episode of this season I can try forcing myself to watching the episodes.

Have any of the past few episodes been good and worth watching at all?
Old 04-07-18, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gcribbs
Have any of the past few episodes been good and worth watching at all?
No.

As of two eps ago I have begun fast-forwarding thru episodes, which for me is a precursor to dumping a show completely.
Old 04-07-18, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I don’t think the show is quite as bad as the thread makes it out to be. I think many like myself are frustrated with how much better it could be without a seemingly endless string of easily avoidable poor choices.
Old 04-07-18, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I don’t think the show is quite as bad as the thread makes it out to be. I think many like myself are frustrated with how much better it could be without a seemingly endless string of easily avoidable poor choices followed by a seemingly endless string of repeating the same easily avoidable poor choices
Fixed.
Old 04-07-18, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Whoa, it looks like The Wrap just tweeted out a link to a story with major spoilers from tomorrow's episode (15). The picture they tweeted with it pretty much gives it away too. It's ruined for me now.