Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Station 19 (ABC) -- Grey's Anatomy spinoff -- S: Jaina Lee Ortiz, Jason George -- Premieres 3/22/18

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Station 19 (ABC) -- Grey's Anatomy spinoff -- S: Jaina Lee Ortiz, Jason George -- Premieres 3/22/18

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-18, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

WHEN THE CREW OF STATION 19 FACES THEIR OWN EMERGENCY, ANDY HERRERA STEPS UP AND A STARTLING CAR ACCIDENT PUTS THE STATION CREW AT RISK ON THE TWO-HOUR SERIES PREMIERE OF ABC’S ‘STATION 19’

“Stuck”/“Invisible To Me” – When the team responds to an apartment fire, Captain Pruitt takes a hit, the future of the station’s leadership is in jeopardy and firefighter Andy Herrera is forced to step up. Meanwhile, new recruit Ben Warren is trading in the scalpel for a fresh start as a firefighter, but it hasn’t been easy and he has a hard time realizing that emergencies in the field are vastly different than those at Grey Sloan Memorial. With the absence of Captain Pruitt, Andy and Jack try to navigate how to work together, and a car accident on a rural road puts both the victims and the crew’s lives at risk, on the series premiere of “Station 19,” THURSDAY, MARCH 22 (9:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Station 19” stars Jaina Lee Ortiz as Andy Herrera, Jason George as Ben Warren, Miguel Sandoval as Captain Pruitt Herrera, Grey Damon as Jack Gibson, Jay Hayden as Travis Montgomery, Alberto Frezza as Ryan Tanner, Danielle Savre as Maya Bishop, Okieriete Onaodowan as Dean Miller, and Barrett Doss as Victoria Hughes.

Guest starring in “Stuck” are Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey and Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey.

“Stuck” was written by Stacy McKee and directed by Paris Barclay.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rOoLSRCmd1c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 hour premiere Thursday Night.

Jaina Lee Ortiz was one of the leads of the cancelled FOX series Rosewood.

This show was created by Stacy McKee, one of the writers and producers from Grey's Anatomy. This is a spinoff of Grey's Anatomy.

Jason George's character Ben Warren was formerly on Grey's Anatomy.

Basically this is a Seattle set Fire Fighter soap. Don't know if anyone here has the time or interest to watch this in addition to those who already watch Chicago Fire on NBC.

Ironically, this is airing at the same time against a special 2 hour episode of Chicago Fire tonight.
Old 03-29-18, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
re: Station 19 (ABC) -- Grey's Anatomy spinoff -- S: Jaina Lee Ortiz, Jason George -- Premieres 3/22/18

I watched the 2 hour premiere last night.

Basically to make a long story short, it's Grey's Anatomy in a Fire House.

Jason Goerge, who played Bailey's husband in Grey's, is trying to segue from being a doctor to a fireman because he wasn't enjoying himself being a surgeon.

Jaina Lee Ortiz, plays the daughter of the Captain of the firehouse, and is promoted after her Dad is forced to retire due to a cancer diagnosis. She's also sleeping with one of her colleagues. And she banged a cop, who happens to be an ex-boyfriend.

The actual fire sequences are nothing special. Chicago Fire does them better. The drama portion was very clunky (dialogue and direction). The premiere got awful feedback on IMDB.

Ellen Pompeo has a quick cameo in the Pilot episode. She's also an EP on the show.

I would say only check this out if you have seen Grey's Anatomy or are a fan of it. Otherwise, Chicago Fire should be sufficient if you like Firehouse action soap operas.

I know most in this forum have little interest or time to watch this type of show, so I don't expect much or any feedback on this.
Old 03-29-18, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
re: Station 19 (ABC) -- Grey's Anatomy spinoff -- S: Jaina Lee Ortiz, Jason George -- Premieres 3/22/18

I liked it but I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan. I liked the lead actress on Rosewood and since that got cancelled, I'll settle for watching her in this. Jason George is also a good actor and is very pretty.
Old 05-11-18, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I thought I saw this thread at the top of the page last night. Did someone post then delete? Is someone besides me here watching it?

Anway, this show has been renewed.
Old 05-13-18, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I watch it but there isn't too much to say about it. I'm happy it got renewed though.