Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E12) -- "The Key" -- 3/18/18

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-18, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E12) -- "The Key" -- 3/18/18

Yup, not only was the whole Rick vs. Negan thing bad... it was embarrassing. Negan mentioned that he's like a cat and has 9 lives... but if someone's trying to kill a cat, he'll get him on the 2nd attempt at worst... Negan is just lucky as shit to be up against very stupid people.

Originally Posted by andicus
Speaking of Carl, he's become more annoying since he died.

"Carl would have wanted this. Carl would've wanted that."

FFS, give it a rest. I hated his character for most of the show. Then he was tolerable, and they kill him off. Now he's annoying, once again.
I was about to post this as well. They're acting as if Carl was an old, wise prophet - someone who was leading this group to the promised land. I guess in this world full of very stupid people - he could be the smartest of the bunch.

I think when the series ends, the finale will reveal that TWD universe is the same universe as the movie Idiocracy.
Old 03-19-18, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Speaking of Carl, he's become more annoying since he died.

"Carl would have wanted this. Carl would've wanted that."

FFS, give it a rest. I hated his character for most of the show. Then he was tolerable, and they kill him off. Now he's annoying, once again.
So true.

Originally Posted by jpcamb
for me the episodes since Carl left the show have been at least marginally better than the first half of the season or the mid season return. Nothing close to the quality of past seasons but not completely terrible.
Also true IMO. I can complain about the faults or the episode or show in general but overall I am enjoying the show much more this half season, mostly because it feels like the story is finally moving forward a bit and building towards something.
Old 03-19-18, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls

It's Gilligan's Island with zombies
LOL at that.

Of course, you have to be old enough to know the MO of Gilligan's Isle.
Old 03-20-18, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed this episode. You know why? I don't expect high drama. It's a zombie yarn. I was binging Z Nation recently and kept wondering what forums made of the hijinks that go on on that show. That made me remember these shows are for entertainment. They aren't meant to be important. If they occasionally have a van fall off a bridge and land upright, I can fanwave all that.

As for Negan, I've made my peace. I realized this week while watching Rick and Negan play in the abandoned building, that they are Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner. You know there's never going to be a resolution. You're never going to see Wile E. roasting the bird on a spit, nor are you going to see the road runner stomp his big old feet up and down on Wile E. They will be chasing one another for eternity.

You just watch for the lulz.

Last edited by smorbie; 03-20-18 at 09:30 AM. Reason: I really can spell, I promise
Old 03-20-18, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by smorbie
As for Negan, I've made my peace. I realized this week while watching Rick and Negan play in the abandoned building, that they are Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner. You know there's never going to be a resolution. You're never going to see Wile E. roasting the bird on a spit, nor are you going to see the road runner stomp his big old feet up and down on Wile E. They will be chasing one another for eternity.
The problem isn't that we expected Negan to die, since we know it won't happen until a season finale.
The problem is they set up the scene(s) in a way that he should've died... many times - but didn't. And as usual - the fault lies in the stupidity of the characters - mostly Rick in this situation.
Old 03-20-18, 12:17 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
The problem isn't that we expected Negan to die, since we know it won't happen until a season finale.
The problem is they set up the scene(s) in a way that he should've died... many times - but didn't. And as usual - the fault lies in the stupidity of the characters - mostly Rick in this situation.
And Jadis isn't going to kill Negan either.
Old 03-21-18, 07:29 AM

Wile E. sets the roadrunner up to die, too. But, he never does.

I will be surprised if Negan dies. I have a feeling he's a new permanent cast member.
Old 03-21-18, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
If they follow the comics even remotely
Spoiler:
your going to be very disappointed to know he's alive and well far into the future.
If that's not where they go with Negan, than all these missed opportunities make Rick look more incompetent with every "miss". I only watched the first few episodes of this season before checking out. I just come check the weekly threads for updates. This was must watch for me, but it's just become such a chore to watch now.
Old 03-21-18, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
If they follow the comics even remotely
Spoiler:
your going to be very disappointed to know he's alive and well far into the future.
If that's not where they go with Negan, than all these missed opportunities make Rick look more incompetent with every "miss". I only watched the first few episodes of this season before checking out.
I can't wait to watch the flip out when the group purposely decides not to kill off Negan at the end of this war. It will make the reaction to their killing off Glenn (including the gore on a "horror" themed show ) look like silly. Then hopefully they will actually drop the show and stop filling these threads with their showcrapping.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 03-21-18 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-21-18, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I can't wait to watch the flip out when the group purposely decides not to kill off Negan at the end of this war. it will make the reaction to their killing off Glenn (including the gore on a "horror" themed show ) look like silly. Then hopefully they will actually drop the show and stop filling these threads with their showcrapping.
I may finally throw in the towel on this show if Rick's group doesn't kill Negan at the end of this war. I don't think I could stomach another season of Negan's swagger and "charm", and it would be impossible to believe that Rick's people could forgive Negan for bashing in Glenn's and Abraham's heads (especially those who witnessed the murders).
Old 03-21-18, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

But it's what Carl would've wanted...
Old 03-21-18, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, Carl the Mesiah! I don't get why some of them think they have to do what he wanted just because he died. I Fear "The Walking Dead" producers (see what I did there? ) plotted his death as a means to an end: to persuade Rick's people not to kill Negan just so JDM can stay on the show after Rick wins the All Out War. God, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 03-21-18, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

You just watch for the lulz.
More like The Fugitive. No matter how well locked down he is by the cops Dr. Richard Kimble always gets away. On No!! Lt. Gerard has found him!
Still a great show.
Old 03-21-18, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Concerning Negan's possible death, Chandler Riggs says
Spoiler:
Rick slits Negan's throat in the season finale.
Old 03-21-18, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Personally, I hope Negan kills Rick and takes over the show. People would lose their shit.
Old 03-21-18, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Spoiler:
That would be awesome, but even more than Carl's death, it would essentially equal a total separation from the comic source material.
Old 03-21-18, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

That would be awesome, but even more than Carl's death, it would essentially equal a total separation from the comic source material.
In the comics
Spoiler:
Rick did cut Negan's throat, but non-fatally. He not only survived, but he's still alive.
Old 03-22-18, 06:14 AM

Am much as I'm enjoying this season, and I am, it's so unbelievable that all of the sudden Carl didn't want to kill Negan since he tried so hard to do it, himself last year.
Old 03-22-18, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516
More like The Fugitive. No matter how well locked down he is by the cops Dr. Richard Kimble always gets away. On No!! Lt. Gerard has found him!
Still a great show.
My parents watched it, but I was too little to get into it. By the time I was, I realized David Jannsen couldn't act, so I didn't bother.
Old 03-22-18, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Am much as I'm enjoying this season, and I am, it's so unbelievable that all of the sudden Carl didn't want to kill Negan since he tried so hard to do it, himself last year.
Forgot about that. I like this season even less now.
Old 03-22-18, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
In the comics
Spoiler:
Rick did cut Negan's throat, but non-fatally. He not only survived, but he's still alive.
Thanks. I guess I missed part of the story. Well done Chandler! I now see what you are did there.
Old 03-22-18, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Spoiler:

Old 03-22-18, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Which is probably what they should do. BUT

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
In the comics
Spoiler:
Then cliffhanger til next season to see if
Spoiler:
Negan lives

Then
Spoiler:
Rick and Negan are buds
and then as I mentioned before that happens or Daryl dies and I can consider this series over for me. I hope neither happen BTW.
Old 03-23-18, 10:08 AM

Oh, is Daryl still on the show?
Old 03-23-18, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Then cliffhanger til next season to see if
Spoiler:
Negan lives
That's probably how it will go down. Which in a way will work given how all this really started with a cliffhanger. Frustrating, but it makes sense to bookend it all that way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.