Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Looming Tower (Hulu) - S: Jeff Daniels, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard -- 2/28/18

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Looming Tower (Hulu) - S: Jeff Daniels, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard -- 2/28/18

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Based on the Pulitzer-Prize winning book, The Looming Tower traces the rising threat of Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda in the late 1990s and how the rivalry between the FBI and CIA during that time may have inadvertently set the path for the tragedy of 9/11. The series follows members of the I-49 Squad in New York and Alec Station in Washington, D.C., the counter-terrorism divisions of the FBI and CIA, respectively, as they travel the world fighting for ownership of information while seemingly working toward the same goal - trying to prevent an imminent attack on U.S. soil.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Alec Baldwin as George Tenet
· Bill Camp as Robert Chesney
· Dhafer L'Abidine
· Ella Rae Peck as Heather
· Jeff Daniels as John O'Neill
· Louis Cancelmi as Vince Stuart
· Michael Stuhlbarg as Richard Clarke
· Peter Sarsgaard as Martin Schmidt
· Sullivan Jones as Floyd Bennet
· Tahar Rahim as Ali Soufan
· Virginia Kull as Kathy Shaughnessy
· Wrenn Schmidt as Diane Priest

10 episode limited series. Will be posted 1 per week on Hulu. 3 episodes are up on Hulu right now

The trailer has 10M+ views on YouTube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bgsdAUKIICo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great cast and creative team behind it. But man, I just can't keep up with all these shows. There's just too many that are popping up. Not sure when I'll have time for this.
Old 03-14-18, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: The Looming Tower (Hulu) - S: Jeff Daniels, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard -- 2/28

Boy, this show certainly makes the CIA look inept.

So far I've enjoyed the performance of the Arabic FBI agent, but I'm already getting sick of Jeff Daniels. I had enough of his ranting on the Newsroom to last me a lifetime. The Michael Stuhlbarg certainly nailed the part of Dick Clark.
Old 03-15-18, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Looming Tower (Hulu) - S: Jeff Daniels, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard -- 2/28

Originally Posted by funkyryno
I'm already getting sick of Jeff Daniels. I had enough of his ranting on the Newsroom to last me a lifetime.
They should replace Jeff Daniels' character with his character from Godless.
Old 03-19-18, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I usually don't have the time or interest to watch more than two shows a week (if that). I'm glad this is one of them.
Old 08-16-18, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this in my queue. Is it worth the watch?
Old 08-17-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by kantonburg
I have this in my queue. Is it worth the watch?
I thought it was decent -- as long as you can stand Jeff Daniels shouting all his lines and the horrible casting of Alec Baldwin.

Edit: Looks like I've already complained about Daniels above. Guess I'm really starting to dislike him.
Old 10-08-18, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I'm like 6 episodes in and am loving it. Too bad you guys don't care for Jeff Daniels' acting in this. I think he's doing great.