DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ash vs. Evil Dead (Starz) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 2/25/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/643164-ash-vs-evil-dead-starz-season-3-thread-premieres-2-25-18-a.html)

DJariya 02-25-18 05:03 AM

Ash vs. Evil Dead (Starz) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 2/25/18

https://s14.postimg.org/h3tbgw6m9/Ash.jpg

Grab your chainsaws and watch out for Deadites because the grooviest show on TV returns in all its Ash-kicking splendor with more grisly battles, ghoulish banter and more blood-drenched fun than ever. The highly anticipated 10-episode third season of STARZ Original horror-comedy series "Ash vs Evil Dead" will premiere on Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 9PM ET/PT.

The wickedly gore-filled series stars Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams, the chainsaw-wielding anti-hero tasked with saving the world from evil; Lucy Lawless as Ruby, the unpredictable foe and occasional ally who has strong ties to the origin of the "Necronomicon;" Ray Santiago plays Pablo Simon Bolivar, Ash's loyal sidekick and eternal optimist; and Dana DeLorenzo returns as Kelly Maxwell, orphaned in Season One and ready to kick some evil ass. The upcoming season also finds Ash discovering his long lost daughter, Brandy Barr, played by newcomer Arielle Carver-O'Neill ("House Husbands," "Suburbs," "Conspiracy 365").

The third season finds Ash's status in Elk Grove, Michigan has changed from murderous urban legend to humanity-saving hometown hero. When Kelly witnesses a televised massacre with Ruby's fingerprints all over it, she returns with a new friend to warn Ash and Pablo that evil isn't done with them yet. Blood is thicker than water in the battle of good vs Evil Dead!

The Evil Dead original filmmakers Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell serve as executive producers on Season Three along with Ivan Raimi and Rick Jacobson. Mark Verheiden serves as Showrunner with Producer Moira Grant.

New and long-time Evil Dead fans can catch up on Seasons One and Two of the STARZ Original series "Ash vs Evil Dead" on the STARZ app.

10 episode 3rd season

Hasn't aired since December 2016.

Troy Stiffler 02-25-18 05:43 AM

Re: Ash vs. Evil Dead (Starz) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 2/25/18

Yessssssssss.

melasnus 02-25-18 02:26 PM

I'm there.

SunMonkey 02-25-18 02:48 PM

I hope it goes more first season than second season.

Gizmo 02-25-18 03:06 PM

New showrunner...not sure what to expect.

skywalker8 02-25-18 06:56 PM

I saw the premiere at NYCC a few months ago and it was pretty good. Don’t know how long the school theme will go. I was thrown off a bit last year expecting the father-son thing to go on throughout the season. Anyway, looking forward to the rest of season 3. I really hope the show keeps going, with its future in doubt now. If not I hope there’s a proper finale.

Deftones 02-25-18 09:51 PM

You can call me dad, unless you are a deaddite, then you can fuck off. :lol:

slop101 02-25-18 10:56 PM

Death by harp was gnarly.

Gunde 02-26-18 12:49 PM

I love this show. So much fun!

starseed1981 02-26-18 03:00 PM

Solid fun. No issues there.

DJariya 02-26-18 11:08 PM

Loved it. That was a hell of a lot of fun. Good way to bring back everyone together.

I guess Ash's daughter is now going to be a reluctant part of this crazy-fest.

The Cymbal decapitation and the Harp slicing that head were crazy deaths.

Inhumans99 02-27-18 10:34 AM

I am surprised I did not get the dry heaves when the cymbal was "caught" by the mom and fingers started to hit the ground...I can laugh at Ash taking a chainsaw to a deaddite to dismember the bodies because it is so grand guignol and over the top, but the fingers being sheared off and the cymbal remaining between the head and body was almost too "Saw" like or graphic gore from a more modern horror film for me.

I never glommed onto horror films, having only seen a handful of the classics (John Carpenter's Halloween, The Fog, The Exorcist, The Omen, and a small handful of others), so while I am always curious to read Kurt Dahlkes reviews of infamous and disturbing horror films that could lead to an upchuck event or two I always take a pass on watching these films, I am curious but not that curious if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this show is bonkers and I have watched every episode without any fast forwarding.

Bill Needle 02-27-18 01:00 PM

So great to have this show finally back. There was a lot of setup, as is to be expected for a season premier, but everything I enjoy about the show was there aplenty.

hdnmickey 03-01-18 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 (Post 13278796)
II never glommed onto horror films, having only seen a handful of the classics (John Carpenter's Halloween, The Fog, The Exorcist, The Omen, and a small handful of others), so while I am always curious to read Kurt Dahlkes reviews of infamous and disturbing horror films that could lead to an upchuck event or two I always take a pass on watching these films, I am curious but not that curious if you know what I mean.

So you have been watching this series without having seen the original Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies? If so, wow. But it's never too late to correct that wrong. You'll find that at least some of the series best moments will be far more enjoyable if you recognize the links to the movies.

Other than being kinda bummed this will be nothing more than the standard reset, it's cool to have the original cast back with the added bonus of the daughter and fanboy. Loved the kills well done gore and kills in this one. The attacks to Ash's head in the music room was pure Army of Darkness level fun.

Deftones 03-05-18 09:41 PM

Holy shit, the sperm bank scene was equal parts disgusting and hilarious. :lol:

slop101 03-06-18 12:35 AM

Wanna see more of the killer baby.

DJariya 03-14-18 10:03 PM

Sunday's episode was hilarious.

Candy Barr's funeral and her dead body attacking Ash made me :lol:

Fucking loved the scene with Ash gutting his fake Dad with the chain saw in front of Brandy. :lol: It was grotesque and hilarious.

The new showrunner really seems to get the over the top slapstick nature of Ash and Evil Dead.

DJariya 03-14-18 10:10 PM

Fuck, the ratings after 3 episodes are horrible. Looks like no one is watching this on Sundays. Even though it's on a pay channel, people still need to watch it the night it airs.

But, I can understand how Evil Dead doesn't appeal to many. It's fan base is very cult. The movies were never big theatrical hits. It's a very niche show and very violent too.

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/03/1...tings-decline/

Episode 3.1, “Family” – 225,000 viewers
Episode 3.2, “Booth Three” – 171, 000 viewers
Episode 3.3 “Apparently Dead”- 160,000 Viewers

and this is like the best season so far. I guess postponing from October didn't help and it's airing in a very crowded TV schedule right now.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editori...tart-watching/

Bloody Disgusting basically says to try if possible to support the show legally. Stream it off the Starz app, buy a Starz subscription or do a free trial or buy the DVDs or BDs. That shows that people are watching and not pirating the show.

Most of the posters on Bloody Disgusting seem to be foreigners though who don't have access to Starz or refuse to pay for cable.

Cusm 03-15-18 08:41 AM

I usually watch on Sunday nights on the StarzGo app on my ipad.

mugwump 03-15-18 11:23 AM

This one of the handful of shows I actually watch the day it airs. Helps that it's only thirty minutes.

hdnmickey 03-15-18 01:10 PM

All the stuff with Lee Majors was enjoyable. But this whole Ruby as the guidance counselor thing isn't making much sense yet.

Inhumans99 03-15-18 04:18 PM

Okay, after seeing the umpteeth body being wrecked by a freaking chainsaw on this series would I now be able to handle something like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (I can handle the first as some of the nastier/grislier stuff done to the victims in the film is implied and not shown)?

I know that TTCM2 is notorious for pushing the gore to the max and I remember a Fangoria magazine article that had pictures and described the effects behind a particularly nasty/notorious kill in the film where a chainsaw is run through someones head. Even seeing the pictures showing the material used for the effect to make you think the chainsaw is going through a skull does not seem like it would lessen my inability to watch this type of gore in a movie.

It certainly does not help that the gore in this film is not played for laughs unlike the gore in Ash vs. Evil Dead. I guess I could be wrong though.

slop101 03-15-18 07:41 PM

I think the gore is totally played for laughs. I get way squeamish at realistic gore, but not at all with any of the gore on this show.

stingermck 04-20-18 02:23 PM

And its over. The series will air its third season finale on April 29, which will now serve as the series finale

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ash-...rz-1202775341/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ash Vs Evil Dead has been the ride of a lifetime. Ash Williams was the role of a lifetime. <br><br>I will always be grateful to Starz, Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and our tireless fans for the opportunity to revisit the franchise that launched our careers. Thank you! �� <a href="https://t.co/oNmTopS1Ab">pic.twitter.com/oNmTopS1Ab</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Campbell (@GroovyBruce) <a href="https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/987409317958565888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

starseed1981 04-20-18 02:30 PM

That's fine. I'm grateful to have gotten 3 seasons out of it.