Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race (S30E11/12) -- "It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure" -- 2/21/18

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S30E11/12) -- "It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure" -- 2/21/18

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-18, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

AFTER 10 COUNTRIES, 21 CITIES AND MORE THAN 29,000 MILES, ONE TEAM WILL BE CROWNED THE WINNERS ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF THE 30TH EDITION OF "THE AMAZING RACE," WEDNESDAY, FEB. 21

"It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure" (Hong Kong and San Francisco)
- With the one million dollars on the line, the final four teams race through Hong Kong and San Francisco on the quest to cross the final finish line first. After 10 countries, 21 cities and more than 29,000 miles, host Phil Keoghan (@PhilKeoghan)
will crown one team the winners of the 30th Race around the world, on the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Wednesday, Feb. 21 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The following teams are still racing:

Cody & Jessica - #TeamBigBrother

Henry & Evan - #TeamYale

Alex & Conor - #TeamIndyCar

Kristi & Jen - #TeamExtreme

The following teams have been eliminated:

Dessie & Kayla - #TheRingGirls (eliminated Jan. 3)
April & Sarah - #TeamGoatYoga (eliminated Jan. 10)
Cedric & Shawn - #TeamSlamDunk (eliminated Jan. 24)
Joey & Tim - #TeamChomp (eliminated Jan. 24)
Trevor & Chris - #TeamWellStrung (eliminated Jan. 31)
Eric & Daniel - #TheFirefighters (eliminated Feb. 7)
Lucas & Brittany - #TeamOceanRescue (eliminated Feb. 14)

Season Finale is tonight

Has not been renewed for a 31st season yet, however they have begun casting. So it's probably only a formality at this point.
Old 02-21-18, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S30E11/12) -- "It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure" -- 2/2

Wow at that finish.

Not sure how that team who lost will sleep at night.
Old 02-22-18, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S30E11/12) -- "It's Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure" -- 2/2

Intense leg in Hong Kong for my fav team, Team Extreme.

But it wasn’t the finale I was hoping for

I’m batting 1 for 30 on guessing the correct winner at the beginning of the season haha

Though it was cool to see SF as the final leg - my hometown and my Giants!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MLBFan24; 02-22-18 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-22-18, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 165 Posts

Those contestants did not know how to handle live crabs, you'd only want to hold the crabs from behind and place fingers on the underbelly or the top of crab so they can't scratch or claw the fingers.

Did not expect Jessica to beat the other two on the final challenge, yet that was exactly what happened...
Old 02-22-18, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, my team won. Kinda hated them both on BB but they were likable and strong here and deserved the win.

Also liked Team Extreme so it was a really good final leg and a terrific season overall. Hope it’s not the last.
Old 02-22-18, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

It was a stronger than usual final episode(s), where the lead changed hands several times, and pretty much anybody could have pulled off the win.
The show did well in terms of ratings, even though it was treated as "cannon fodder" against The Olympics. It was definitely helped by it's old day and time slot.
Old 02-22-18, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Before the season started, I saw a "spoiler" somewhere that Jessica & Cody won the season, but luckily I thought it was probably just BS and was worried about them getting eliminated the whole season.

They kind of made it obvious Jessica was going to finish the plane first when they kept showing her saying "what am I missing?".
Old 02-22-18, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had a feeling Team Extreme would lose after they chose the red plane. Once Jen made her decision, the negative, ominous music played indicating a bad outcome.

While the red color had nothing to do with the puzzle, the foreshadowing music gave a hint.
Old 02-22-18, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

So much for Jessica being Cody's anchor, she won the race for him. This was a really strong season overall. I hope the show is renewed for another season. I was almost rooting for Henry and Evan after their big comeback in Hong Kong, but Evan was being really obnoxious during the final leg. She probably was distracting Henry and made him mess up the puzzle. I hope they bring back Team Extreme for an All Star season. They're a great team they just peaked too early and flamed out in the final.
Old 02-22-18, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Wow, my team won. Kinda hated them both on BB but they were likable and strong here and deserved the win.

Also liked Team Extreme so it was a really good final leg and a terrific season overall. Hope it’s not the last.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 02-22-18, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They had to really rub the loss in when they put up the puzzle stats for Henry showing he had solved the puzzle and only needed to ask for a Check but he went ahead and changed a piece before asking for th check... DOH!!! I'm sure they loved seeing that.
Old 02-22-18, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Yeah, I wonder if Henry didn't know he had the right answer at one point until he watched the finale last night.

Also, from what I've read, Team Yale and Team Extreme both had to leave during the final challenge to go pay their taxis since they didn't know it was the last leg of the race. I guess Cody and Jessica didn't have to do that. That probably cost Henry the win.
Old 02-22-18, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked that the race to the final pit stop didn’t require a taxi ride.

And Evan probably killed Henry last night after seeing that “12 correct” graphic appear on screen.
Old 02-23-18, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

This season was great! Close finishes, likable teams, tough challenges. Is there really a chance it won't come back? That would be a real shame. It's one of the few shows we watch as a family.
Old 02-23-18, 06:53 PM

Great finale to an excellent season. When it started I didn't think Jess & Cody would be able to go all the way, but I'm really happy they won.

Originally Posted by bralph
Is there really a chance it won't come back? That would be a real shame.
I think it's almost a sure thing at this point. Ratings for S30 were significantly higher than S29.
Old 02-24-18, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
So much for Jessica being Cody's anchor, she won the race for him. This was a really strong season overall. I hope the show is renewed for another season. I was almost rooting for Henry and Evan after their big comeback in Hong Kong, but Evan was being really obnoxious during the final leg. She probably was distracting Henry and made him mess up the puzzle. I hope they bring back Team Extreme for an All Star season. They're a great team they just peaked too early and flamed out in the final.
Turns out Jessica was saving it for the big finish. I really enjoyed the season and I was glad to see Big Brother win. Indy Car had been my second choice.

I was also very happy to see a return to a tough final leg and not a parade lap. If I have one complaint it is that every single leg was a bunch up. Also, I enjoy when the contestants use differing strategies and compete for flights between cities and that was non-existent. I understand it was likely eliminated in order to simplify and lower the costs of production.

I sure felt bad for Henry when Evan once again had to pause their race to make sure Henry was hearing her truth. Hope you are ready for a lifetime of that Henry.

Team Extreme ran a great race, but the incessant strong woman clichés every episode grew tiresome, though production could be responsible for that as part of their desire to create a team narrative.
Old 02-24-18, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Don't understand why they didn't lay out the pieces and figure it out that way. When you start putting them on the plane and can't see them altogether, you'll get all mixed up.

But a good season. I liked this one much better than the previous few.
Old 02-24-18, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Don't understand why they didn't lay out the pieces and figure it out that way. When you start putting them on the plane and can't see them altogether, you'll get all mixed up.

But a good season. I liked this one much better than the previous few.
I read an interview with Jessica, who said the plane competition was hard because some of the symbols referenced tasks she and Cody hadn't done. I think she mentioned an elephant symbol as an example. It called back to the task of taking an elephant's measurements, which she and Cody skipped.
Old 02-25-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I read an interview with Jessica, who said the plane competition was hard because some of the symbols referenced tasks she and Cody hadn't done. I think she mentioned an elephant symbol as an example. It called back to the task of taking an elephant's measurements, which she and Cody skipped.
But they all went to the park with the numerous Elephant statues. Typical Jessica. Still manufacturing excuses even after the win.

The ending came down the way I feared. With the final challenge being something Jessica could do just as well as the other two and a taxi figuring into the finish. Sadly our favorites came in third.

Awesome season even if the worst people once again took home the big money,
Old 02-25-18, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
But they all went to the park with the numerous Elephant statues. Typical Jessica. Still manufacturing excuses even after the win.
I interpreted it as all of the teams faced symbols they weren't familiar with because of tasks they didn't do, so that was part of the reason it was challenging for everyone. The elephant was just one example. In the same interview, Cody said what wasn't shown on TV was that every night Jessica was writing down the day's events in case there was a task involving memory. He admitted if he had done the final challenge they would have lost.
Old 02-25-18, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Seems like a valid excuse and reason that final challenge took forever. Honestly it seemed to just be dumb luck who would get the correct combo first. Hell, Henry had it and changed it because they were all just mostly guessing.

Really enjoyed the season but that was a crappy last task. They probably wanted something more luck based to give Big Brother a shot. Find it interesting how negative a reaction some people have toward the BB team. Jessica is bitchy but her hotness makes me overlook it. Cody is a solid dude. You would think these were child beating puppy killers the way people talk about them.
Old 02-25-18, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I was pulling for Cody and Jessica. They were a solid team and much more likable on the race.

As for people not liking tham on BB, compared to the other houseguests they were shining examples of humanity.
Old 02-25-18, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
Find it interesting how negative a reaction some people have toward the BB team. Jessica is bitchy but her hotness makes me overlook it. Cody is a solid dude. You would think these were child beating puppy killers the way people talk about them.
Just do like me and ignore the victim noises.
Old 02-25-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by leeta
I was pulling for Cody and Jessica. They were a solid team and much more likable on the race.

As for people not liking tham on BB, compared to the other houseguests they were shining examples of humanity.
Yes. It is hard to believe there are people who watched the same show I did and still came away saying that nonsense. Cody winning AFP leads me to believe that was a minority opinion however.
Old 02-25-18, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never watched them on BB, so all of the dislike for Jessica was purely from this season, and it was well deserved.

It would be interesting to see what all the symbols were on those parts because all the ones I saw were of things all teams should have recognized because they all encountered them. The key was the producers placing multiples of the same symbols within all the parts so it was far more than just the usual memory challenge.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 02-25-18 at 07:45 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.