DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hanna (Amazon) based on the film -- S: Kinnaman, Enos, Creed-Miles (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/642976-hanna-amazon-based-film-s-kinnaman-enos-creed-miles.html)

dex14 02-08-18 12:59 PM

Hanna (Amazon) based on the film -- S: Kinnaman, Enos, Creed-Miles

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.c...0&h=562&crop=1

The series adaptation of the action film “Hanna” at Amazon has found its three leads, Variety has learned.

Esme Creed-Miles, Joel Kinnaman, and Mireille Enos will star in the drama, which was ordered straight-to-series at Amazon last May. In addition, Sarah Adina Smith is set to direct. Her previous directing credits include the FX series “Legion,” the HBO series “Room 104,” and the film “Buster’s Mal Heart.”

The series will begin shooting in March across Hungary, Slovakia, Spain and the U.K.

Written by David Farr, who co-wrote the original film, “Hanna” follows the journey of a young girl with extraordinary skills as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is.

Enos plays Marissa, an efficient and ruthless agent, having risen up the ranks of the CIA. However, beneath her cool exterior is a deeply buried secret that continues to haunt her. The reappearance of Hanna and her father Erik threaten to expose the past she has worked to repress. Kinnaman plays Erik, a hardened, intuitive and uncompromising soldier and mercenary, who, for the past 15 years, has raised his daughter in the remote forests of northern Poland. Isolated from the world he once knew, he has trained Hanna in every method of survival, with his only goal, to keep her safe. But, his teenage daughter begins to seek freedom from the restricted haven he has created.

Creed-Miles takes on her first leading role as Hanna, who has lived all her life in a forest in Northern Poland until becoming the heart of an unraveling conspiracy. Hanna feels she must leave the confinement of the forest to experience life, but once in the world, Hanna is hunted by Marissa and others connected to Hanna’s hidden origins and exceptional abilities.

The castings mark a reunion for Enos and Kinnaman, who previously starred together in the AMC series “The Killing.”

The Swedish-born Kinnaman also starred in the recently released Netflix adaptation of “Altered Carbon,” and also had a regular role on “House of Cards.” He is known for his work in films like “Suicide Squad,” “Robocop,” and “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”

Enos, in addition to “The Killing,” starred in the ABC drama “The Catch.” She will also appear in the upcoming Amazon series “Good Omens” and previously appeared in Amazon’s anthology series “Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams.” She has appeared in films like “Gangster Squad,” “World War Z,” and “If I Stay.”

NBCUniversal International Studios will produce alongside Working Title Television in the UK. JoAnn Alfano for NBCUniversal International Studios and Andrew Woodhead for Working Title Television will executive produce in addition to Marty Adelstein, who produced the original film, and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios. Tom Coan serves as co-executive Producer for NBCUniversal International Studios and Hugh Warren is producing. Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner also serve as executive producers for Working Title Television.

“I’m thrilled that ‘Hanna’ has managed to attract a visionary director and actors of the calibre of Mireille and Joel to play our adult leads,” Farr said. “And in Esme Creed-Miles I believe we have discovered a star of the future – she is going to be a very special Hanna. ‘Hanna’ aims to be both a raw-knuckle ride and a deeply touching family drama. It has the visceral excitement of a genuine conspiracy thriller but also the simple humanity of a rites of passage drama. Hanna is in a very unusual family. She’s a very special teenager. But all teenagers think they’re abnormal. She’s just a little more abnormal than most.”

The 2011 film version of “Hanna,” directed by Joe Wright, starred Saoirse Ronan as Hanna, Eric Bana as Eric, and Cate Blanchett as Marissa.

Enos is represented by CAA, Gartner/Green Entertainment and attorney Mitch Smelkinson. Kinnaman is repped by by WME and Magnolia Entertainment. Creed Miles is repped by Conway van Gelder Grant. Smith is repped by WME and Principato-Young Entertainment. Farr is repped by Curtis Brown Group.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/hann...os-1202691947/

Paff 02-08-18 01:41 PM

Re: Hanna (Amazon) based on the film -- S: Kinnaman, Enos, Creed-Miles

No Saorise Ronan, no sale

DJariya 02-08-18 02:04 PM

The Killing reunion

DJariya 01-13-19 01:18 AM

1st teaser:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pV0HOEmilNs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coming in March

DJariya 01-30-19 12:48 PM

Video: "Hanna" - Super Bowl Ad - Prime Video | TheFutonCritic.com

The 1st episode will be available for 24 hours after the Super Bowl as a special preview.

New teaser:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bAUpSm3fpa4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

candyrocket786 01-30-19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 13265228)
No Saorise Ronan, no sale

Don't forget about The Chemical Brothers. Their sound was a big part of the first film.

melasnus 01-30-19 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13491643)
The 1st episode will be available for 24 hours after the Super Bowl as a special preview.

Although the trailer doesn't do much for me, I might check it out after the SB.

mphtrilogy 01-31-19 08:38 AM

Loved the Movie, hope the show is solid, will be checking it out for sure...

OldBoy 01-31-19 09:13 AM

love The Killing reunion...

Why So Blu? 01-31-19 09:56 AM

Awesome! I liked the movie and I agree about the Chemical Brothers score - that was a big part of what made it so cool. This is also from the writer of the film, so it should be in good hands.

candyrocket786 02-03-19 10:50 PM

Enjoyed it... but I still miss The Chemical Brothers.

Josh-da-man 02-03-19 11:36 PM

The SB preview made it look like X-23: The Series.

funkyryno 02-04-19 02:03 PM

Only the first episode is available? I think I'll wait till the whole thing can be viewed.

dex14 02-04-19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by funkyryno (Post 13494809)
Only the first episode is available? I think I'll wait till the whole thing can be viewed.

Yes. And only for 24 hours. I'm waiting too.

DWilson 02-04-19 02:18 PM

It's also available in 4K...

Orbi-Wan Techno 02-04-19 06:24 PM

Wife and I watched it, they are really taking their time with the story. Looking forward to the rest of the series in March.

Why So Blu? 02-04-19 06:35 PM

I watched it yesterday and dug it. No Chemical Brothers, though.

LorenzoL 02-05-19 08:33 AM

I missed it so I'll just wait for the whole series in March.

mphtrilogy 02-05-19 10:39 AM

Made time last night to catch this... pretty solid start, in for the season...

jpcamb 02-05-19 10:43 AM

In for the season. Looks to be an entertaining watch based on the first episode.

Quick question. Was Hanna his kid that he stole back? It wasn't clear to me but seemed to be at least implied...

dex14 03-28-19 04:32 PM

Season One is up tomorrow.

phantom_azazel 03-28-19 11:17 PM

up now

melasnus 03-29-19 01:36 AM

A little surprised this series was greenlighted...
IIRC, the movie didn't break a lot of B.O. records. :sarcasm:

DVD Polizei 03-30-19 08:54 PM

I think the movie was more popular overseas.

I was surprised I somewhat like the series. The two main characters from The Missing of course make it odd, but I didn't have a problem with it. The Hanna character does a pretty good job, too.

Cellar Door 04-01-19 04:49 PM

The movie is a favorite of mine.

I'm 4 episodes into the series now. I am liking it so far. It doesn't have the stylistic flair that the movie did, but I like having the story fleshed out a little more.

So far, it's hitting a lot of the same plot beats that the movie did, but with some changes--which makes me wonder if it will start to deviate more and more from the movie's plot.

Kinnaman and Enos are fine in their roles though, again, without the flair that Bana and Blanchett had. The girl playing Hanna is pretty good. The series's take on the Hanna character is a bit more bullheaded and confrontational than the movie's. The series plays up the foreignness of the world to Hanna, and the actress carries off that confusion well.

Looking forward to watching the rest.