Party of Five - reboot (Freeform)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Party of Five - reboot (Freeform)

Old 01-26-18, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Party of Five - reboot (Freeform)

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Then why bother using it in the first place?
Because as the original post states "Original series creators Chris Keyser and Amy Lippman are spearheading the project." They're using the name because they're repurposing their own show, so not just a network slapping an old show name on a new show for recognition.
Old 09-07-18, 06:56 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

‘Party Of Five’ Reboot Lands Pilot Order At Freeform
https://deadline.com/2018/09/party-o...rm-1202458694/
Old 02-04-19, 06:27 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

It’s official: The Party of Five reboot has reserved a spot on Freeform’s primetime schedule.

The network has handed a 10-episode series order to the reboot, it announced on Monday. The one-hour drama, a reimagining of the 1994-2000 Fox series, follows the five Acosta children “as they navigate daily life struggles to survive as a family unit after their parents are suddenly deported to Mexico,” per the official synopsis. Original series creators Chris Keyser and Amy Lippman are on board as writers and executive producers. The new cast includes Brandon Larracuente (13 Reasons Why) as Emilio, Emily Tosta (Mayans M.C.) as Lucia and Niko Guardado (The Goldbergs) as Beto.

“Party of Five embodies the heart and soul of what it means to be a family in the most trying of times,” Freeform president Tom Ascheim said in a statement. “We’re so lucky that Freeform gets to be the home for this reimagined story, as we continue to represent the resilience of young adults and the importance of fighting for your voice in times of doubt. We are thrilled to be able to share the groundbreaking storytelling from Amy and Chris with a new audience, and are excited for our viewers to discover the beauty of this series.”
https://tvline.com/2019/02/04/party-...Q-nnuRmfYarQ1c
Old 01-02-20, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

From Sony Pictures Television, the reimagining of the beloved series will follow the five Acosta children as they navigate daily life struggles to survive as a family unit after their parents are suddenly deported back to Mexico. In a new iteration by original series creators Amy Lippman and Christopher Keyser, this beloved story of a young family bound by adversity will be retold through the lens of current-day themes and cultural conversations. The series stars Brandon Larracuente as Emilio Acosta, Emily Tosta as Lucia Acosta, Niko Guardado as Beto Acosta and Elle Paris Legaspi as Valentina Acosta. Bruno Bichir and Fernanda Urrejola star as the Acosta parents, Javier and Gloria. The first episode of "Party of Five" will also be available for a special pre-linear sneak peek on Hulu, Freeform.com, the Freeform App, and on demand beginning Wednesday, Jan. 1.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Brandon Larracuente as Emilio Buendía
· Elizabeth Grullon as Sully
· Elle Paris Legaspi as Valentina Buendía
· Emily Tosta as Lucia Buendía
· Garcia as Matthew
· Niko Guardado as Beto Buendía
· Sol Rodriguez as Natalia

CREW INFORMATION:
· Amy Lippman as CRTR/EP
· Chris Keyser as CRTR/EP
· Michal Zebede as CRTR/CO-EP
· Rodrigo Garcia as EP/DIR (Pilot)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JhVhk4jMbbI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10 episode 1st season

It officially premieres next Wednesday. But, it's now available on Hulu, Freeform.com and On demand

This is from the original creative team that made the FOX series.
Old 01-02-20, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts
Re: Party of Five - reboot (Freeform)

Is it just me, or does the fact that this thread shows that this show was in pre-production forever signal that it likely sucks major ass?
Old 01-02-20, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Is it just me, or does the fact that this thread shows that this show was in pre-production forever signal that it likely sucks major ass?
Tough to say. It's been 2 years since they announced the show was in development. It got a Pilot order in September 2018 and was ordered to series in February 2019.

Many shows never even make it past development. They have to write the Pilot script, which could take months, then cast it, which could also take weeks or months. Then when they get a series order, they have to hire writing staff, write scripts for the series, cast other actors, build sets and then film and edit the show. I think Freeform probably gave the creative team a longer production schedule so they don't rush it to air like network TV shows. Freeform is a small network with a small budget. They can't afford to throw money away like big network.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-02-20 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-02-20, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Tough to say. It's been 2 years since they announced the show was in development. It got a Pilot order in September 2018 and was ordered to series in February 2019.

Many shows never even make it past development. They have to write the Pilot script, which could take months, then cast it, which could also take weeks or months. Then when they get a series order, they have to hire writing staff, write scripts for the series, cast other actors, build sets and then film and edit the show. I think Freeform probably gave the creative team a longer production schedule so they don't rush it to air like network TV shows. Freeform is a small network with a small budget. They can't afford to throw money away like big network.
Networks have been taking shows from pilot script to series on air in nine months for a long, long time. If Freeform can't afford to throw money away, then their time-table should be quicker; time is money.
Old 01-02-20, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk God

I enjoyed the Pilot. I liked the kids and thought it was very well acted. The youngest daughter Valentina was the highlight for me. However, I can see some people not liking it because they did basically take the Pilot of the original show and re-worked it with a Hispanic family and added the illegal immigration angle. I was moved by the scene where the parents were being taken away. That was a pretty emotional scene and the kids really sold the emotions.

and unlike the Sallinger family in the original show, the Acosta aren't exactly well off. The restaurant the parents own isn't exactly doing well.

Hulu only had the 1st episode. When it premieres next week, it looks like Freefom is airing 2 episodes back to back.

At least Keyser and Lippman who were the original creators are directly involved with this and not some "in-name-only" producers.
Old 01-04-20, 01:54 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You fucking serious, i only just found out they latinoised the reboot

Sheesh

Old 01-04-20, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
You fucking serious, i only just found out they latinoised the reboot

Sheesh
Yes, I’m not bothering with a show trying to glamorize people who broke the law.
Old 01-05-20, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

This was actually pretty good and I am going to make an effort to watch the season as it airs. Thanks to this thread for alerting me to the fact that Hulu had the Pilot up already.
Old 01-06-20, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

The original mostly worked due to the cast - very rarely does one show spawn so many television stars with legitimate careers.
Old 01-06-20, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The original mostly worked due to the cast - very rarely does one show spawn so many television stars with legitimate careers.
If we're talking launching careers, where's my reboot of Freaks and Geeks?