9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

Old 11-18-21, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts
re: 9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Yeah, Lisadoris, I am more bummed that Chimney is basically not on the show anymore. I think I have mentioned this before, but I find the show very hit and miss, post Tsunami season I have found myself oftentimes skipping episodes, but a season or two back I pretty much watched all the eps. The current season is meh (the psycho rapist who kidnapped Athena's son story did nothing for me, so passed on watching those eps, which also included the okay LA Blackout storyline), and the show just feels a bit...off, so here is to hoping the showrunners are able to "reset" the show next season.

Another character I liked was I believe Chimney's brother, but I guess he was just slated to be a recurring character for a handful of episodes. At least I am still cool with the addition of Sasha Roiz's character to the show (I loved the show Grimm), and I even like Buck's news gal girlfriend, who seems to have fit-in to the show just fine.
He was also good in the TV version of The Librarians.
Old 11-19-21, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I loved Chimney's brother on The Librarians (I just loved The Librarians). I'm assuming Chimney will be back when Hewitt's maternity leave is completed but I could be wrong.
Old 05-01-23, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Wow, this is a surprise. Cancelled by FOX, but moving to ABC. Looks like this was purely a money decision and the show got too expensive for them.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/9-1-1-c...-7-1235351504/

The spin-off with Rob Lowe is staying on FOX

https://deadline.com/2023/05/9-1-1-l...ox-1235351506/

This show doesn't get talked about at all here, but this is worth bumping this.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-01-23 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-01-23, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

This is surprising. I wonder where ABC would put it. It probably won't be on Mondays any more since they have usually have Bachelor/Bachelorette/American Idol there. I've been so used to starting my weeknight TV viewing on Mondays with this show.

It seems like it may only stick around for one more season since they'll have to renegotiate contracts for an eighth season.
Old 05-01-23, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

ABC has more money than FOX, but I also can't imagine this running many more seasons. It's going to get even more expensive and I have to imagine especially Angela Bassett's salary as actress and producer will balloon and she's still in demand as a movie actress.
Old 05-01-23, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Wow, that's both good and bad. I used to watch both shows weekly but fell off a while ago due mostly to falling behind on eps. They are still in my HULU queue

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-01-23 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-01-23, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Wow, that's both good and bad. I used to watch both shows weekly but fell off a while ago due mostly due to falling behind on eps. They are still in my HULU queue
Yeah I finished season 4, which was the COVID year and just had no time to keep up with it while other new streaming shows kept popping up. And then they increased the episode order to 18 for seasons 5 and 6. I'm now 36 episodes behind
Old 05-01-23, 07:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yeah I finished season 4, which was the COVID year and just had no time to keep up with it while other new streaming shows kept popping up. And then they increased the episode order to 18 for seasons 5 and 6. I'm now 36 episodes behind
I believe that's when it had a show runner change and became more of a drama vs. a firefighting show.
Old 05-02-23, 07:49 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm in the same boat. Halfway through the Covid season and haven't been in a hurry to finish it.
Old 03-18-24, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: 9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

Crazy stuff like usual with this show. Bobby and Athena are stuck on a cruise ship that gets hijacked. So 9-1-1: Under Siege

and that was pretty clever having that flashback with Athena as a kid watching Poseidon on TV on "ABC"

with the guy getting his dick stuck in her GF's vagina while banging in the hot tub. This show definitely pushes boundaries on network TV and for really silly over the top.

and then the Pilot falling out of the F16 and it crashes into some cranky couple's house.
Old 03-18-24, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

I stepped away from the show at least 2-3 seasons back, but the move to ABC had me curious. Yup, a fun season opener that is preposterous in all the right ways.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 03-18-24 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I love the fact that they shout out The Poseidon Adventure in the first episode and then re-enact part of the film at the end of the second episode.
Old 04-02-24, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for an 8th season by ABC. The recent ship arc put up some big ratings numbers.

Old 04-06-24, 08:01 AM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I dont watch this show because there is only so much Ryan Murphy schlock I can handle at once but every time I see a promo I think why isn't Peter Krause in something better? Such a great actor, charismatic, gotten better with age and been around Hollywood forever. This is the best thing he can get? Everyone else from 6FU seem to have gone on to bigger things except him and Lauren Ambrose.

But then how the hell is Angela Bassett not better utilized as well? Sad to me that this is the best show out there to put these people in but I understand, it's a paycheck. Maybe time to look for better agent.
Old 04-06-24, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
I dont watch this show because there is only so much Ryan Murphy schlock I can handle at once but every time I see a promo I think why isn't Peter Krause in something better? Such a great actor, charismatic, gotten better with age and been around Hollywood forever. This is the best thing he can get? Everyone else from 6FU seem to have gone on to bigger things except him and Lauren Ambrose.

But then how the hell is Angela Bassett not better utilized as well? Sad to me that this is the best show out there to put these people in but I understand, it's a paycheck. Maybe time to look for better agent.
I've asked myself the same thing. Peter Krause never really got a follow up to Six Feet Under like "Dexter". Parenthood was the best, but only solid.

Who are the other SFU actors besides Michael C. Hall have done bigger things? Frances Conroy only plays in AHS and it's always the same. She's one of the reasons I stopped watching AHS. Richard Jenkins wasn't really a regular on SFU and is still the character actor he's always been.