Reload this Page >

9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

Old 05-14-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: 9-1-1 (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/18

Have they killed Chimney yet? I mean they always have something horrific for him.
Old 05-14-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: 9-1-1 (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/18

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Have they killed Chimney yet? I mean they always have something horrific for him.
Does something horrific include kissing JLH?
Old 01-18-21, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
re: 9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

Season 4 premieres tonight.

THE 118 RACES TO SAVE LIVES WHEN THE HOLLYWOOD RESERVOIR DAM BREAKS ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE OF "9-1-1" MONDAY, JANUARY 18, ON FOX

When the Hollywood Reservoir dam breaks, Bobby and the 118 race into action to save passengers on a city bus that has crashed into a building several stories in the air. Maddie must first locate, and then rescue, a trapped cyclist, and Athena helps an agoraphobic woman evacuate her home. Meanwhile, the team adjusts to life as first responders during the pandemic. Bobby worries if Athena is ready for field duty since recovering from her physical and psychological injuries; Chimney takes extreme precautions around a pregnant Maddie; and May begins a surprising new job in the all-new "The New Abnormal" season premiere episode of 9-1-1 airing Monday, Jan. 18 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-401) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Jennifer Love Hewitt as Maddie Kendall; Oliver Stark as Evan "Buck" Buckley; Kenneth Choi as Howie "Chimney" Han; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson; Ryan Guzman as Eddie Diaz; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant; Corinne Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Jon Reis as Harry Grant; Gavin McHugh as Christopher Diaz; Jon Harlan Kim as Albert Han.

Guest Cast: Tracie Thoms as Karen Wilson; Declan Pratt as Denny Wilson; La Monde Byrd as Dr. David Hale; Bryan Safi as Josh Russo; Chiquita Fuller as Linda Bates; Claudia Christian as Captain Elaine Maynard; Chris Wu as Officer Williams; Ross Gallo as Officer Vargs; Nikki DeLoach as Janell Hansen; Charles Emmett as Hector Silva; Annie Chang as Ashley Ryerson; Charlie Bodin as Kurt Willits; Ty Parker as Connor Jared "C.J."; Thea Campbell as Vanessa Hubbard; Corey Clifford as Tracy Dawson; Marcus Ashley as Zeke Mills; Lilli Birdsell as Sylvia Mays.

Read more: Listings - 9-1-1 on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com Listings - 9-1-1 on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com

and from what I read this will take place in the COVID world.

If any of you are still viewers or forgot what happened at the end of season 3, Chimney and Maddie are expecting a kid. Connie Britton did return in the finale to really bring closure to her character.

Here's a short recap of season 3.

I know some of you think this show is stupid, but I find it super entertaining even though most of it can't happen in real life. Like the Tsunami that hit Los Angeles in one of the episodes last season.
Old 01-18-21, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Season 4 premieres tonight.

and from what I read this will take place in the COVID world.

https://youtu.be/cpD1F3KpEl4

If any of you are still viewers or forgot what happened at the end of season 3, Chimney and Maddie are expecting a kid. Connie Britton did return in the finale to really bring closure to her character.

Here's a short recap of season 3.

https://youtu.be/PjzSzEZysqk

I know some of you think this show is stupid, but I find it super entertaining even though most of it can't happen in real life. Like the Tsunami that hit Los Angeles in one of the episodes last season.
This show is so unrealistic but entertaining. I'm excited for it to return!
Old 01-20-21, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk God

I know this show hasn't been talked about here in like 1 year. But, solid start to the new season. There were some really crazy moments like the dam breaking in the middle of LA and the bus being stuck in the building. They did a good job staging that rescue.

I think they handled the pandemic pretty well. LAFD wore their masks and they kept it on when it was needed to be. Even the 911 call center kept it pretty realistic with the plexi glass dividers and the supervisor wearing his mask when interacting with Maddie and the other operators. For what was probably a throwaway character, I think they did a good job with the flashbacks to the start of the pandemic to explain the cyclist's background and the death of her husband to the virus and just getting out there again.

Interesting cliffhanger too with that house collapsing and Athena being trapped with that agoraphobic woman. Looked like the Hollywood sign collapsed.
Old 01-20-21, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Interesting cliffhanger too with that house collapsing and Athena being trapped with that agoraphobic woman. Looked like the Hollywood sign collapsed.
I'd have to watch it again to be certain (and I'm not going to) but it bothers me that Athena jumped into the danger as the house collapsed. She did her very best to get that woman to leave, and then the woman went back inside. Chalk it up to heroic instinct, but for all practical purposes, going back into the house after that woman was committing suicide.
Old 02-03-21, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

I had to at the newest episode of 9-1-1 when the bank robber was being pursued by Athena and he actually used his phone to call an Uber at pick him up. Even Athena thought he was a moron.

at the Yoga teacher getting fly worms in her eyes from her sheep Yoga sessions and then going blind and calling 911. Absurd, but you just have to go with it.

I'm going to guess the big secret that Maddie knows about Buck is that he's adopted. That crazy girl who was at odds with Hen in Med school used to be on the ABC Family show Switched at Birth. It was nice to see her again.

The ending was a a cliffhanger segueing to Lone Star as Hen, Buck and Eddie are heading to Austin to fight the molten lava hitting that city. I know some of you don't watch it.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-03-21 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-03-21, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The blindness caused by fly worms was very House.
Old 02-03-21, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I too think they're going to go the adoption route with Buck. I never watched Switched at Birth but I swear I've seen that actress somewhere and imdb reminded me of her time on Gilmore Girls.

Because of the crossover I did watch 9-1-1 Lone Star and even with Gina Torres, I don't think I'll watch it again.
Old 02-03-21, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope it is a more shocking secret than being adopted. That would be very mild reveal for this show.
Old 02-04-21, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Unless he's adopted and his mom birth mom is.......Connie Britton!
Old 02-04-21, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think they can stretch the actors real ages (10 years difference) enough to make Maddie his mother instead of his older sister, but that would be quite a twist.
Old 02-04-21, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W
Unless he's adopted and his mom birth mom is.......Connie Britton!
Yikes, that would give new meaning to the saying wanting to sleep with your mother. I am assuming that everyone knows Buck had a thing with Britton's character in the first season.

ETA: I have not watched all of the past seasons episodes but quite a few. I am enjoying the new season so far, such crazy scenarios. Like The Rookie, where everyone has a gun and you can get into a John Woo style gun fight at the drop of a hat, this is a version of Los Angeles where the wrath of God smites Los Angeles with such regularity that you can set your watch. Dams bursting, Earthquakes, and said disasters causing the Hollywood sign to partially collapse and MTA buses to end up in skyscraper windows, lions and tiger and bears, oh my! LOL. The show is a live action disaster cartoon but crazy fun to watch. I also agree with what one of the EW dudes said when they had a Sirius show several years back, that the Athena and Peter Krause's characters marriage relationship is one of the better ones on TV, it is just works.

I also watch 911 Lonestar but of course the mothership 911 is far superior.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 02-04-21 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-04-21, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At 53, Connie Britton can give a lot of women 20 years younger a run for their money in the hot department.
Old 04-12-21, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

So I just got caught up with the show after being behind for awhile. So the big Buck and Maddie mystery wasn't really much of anything. They had a a brother who Buck didn't know that died of cancer/leukemia. Buck was conceived to help with a bone marrow transplant, but the brother already died. The episode was mostly about Buck's backstory it was pretty good. It looks like Hen and her wife might lose their daughter and that's where it left off at.

The show has been off since March 8th. But, it comes back next week. It looks like they are going to have 14 episodes this season.
Old 04-13-21, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I just got caught up with the show after being behind for awhile. So the big Buck and Maddie mystery wasn't really much of anything. They had a a brother who Buck didn't know that died of cancer/leukemia. Buck was conceived to help with a bone marrow transplant, but the brother already died. The episode was mostly about Buck's backstory it was pretty good. It looks like Hen and her wife might lose their daughter and that's where it left off at.

The show has been off since March 8th. But, it comes back next week. It looks like they are going to have 14 episodes this season.
It was a better secret than him being adopted, so I thought it was a good family secret, but making it that his parents alienated him and withheld affection because he was a reminder of their dead son was powerful to me. Of course, the show is paced so that something so huge in a character's life does not get proper play imo.
Old 11-16-21, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't know how many of you are up to date with this show (it's been over 7 months since anyone commented), but Rockmond Dunbar was written out last night and here's the explanation.

Old 11-16-21, 12:51 PM

I noticed that they wrote him out and his now fiancée last night. So many up and coming actors would kill to be in the position he was and if established actors keep letting themselves get written out of shows due to being anti-vaxxers, then we might just get a chance to see a sizable crop of new actors hone their craft in tv shows and films over the next couple years.
Old 11-16-21, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So 20th Television knew he had not been vaccinated for Covid-19, but they took the time to create an episode where is character is written out. So they knowingly exposed this individual to everyone else involved in making at least this episode, and maybe more before they did this one. So why didn't they just pull his character from all episodes immediately if he was such a risk? They could have just killed him off in an offscreen accident or something. It's obvious the studio is not interested in the safety of its workers.
Old 11-16-21, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by windom
So 20th Television knew he had not been vaccinated for Covid-19, but they took the time to create an episode where is character is written out. So they knowingly exposed this individual to everyone else involved in making at least this episode, and maybe more before they did this one. So why didn't they just pull his character from all episodes immediately if he was such a risk? They could have just killed him off in an offscreen accident or something. It's obvious the studio is not interested in the safety of its workers.
Cast are tested daily for COVID under the current guidelines. How do you think they were able to work last season?

Disney had only recently made it mandatory for cast and crew to be fully vaccinated on their productions.
Old 11-16-21, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cast are tested daily for COVID under the current guidelines. How do you think they were able to work last season?

Disney had only recently made it mandatory for cast and crew to be fully vaccinated on their productions.
So why wasn't he removed immediately upon it being made mandatory? Are you saying this episode was produced before it was made mandatory? In which case, they were still allowing unsafe conditions knowing he had not been vaccinated for Covid-19.
Old 11-16-21, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't finished the episode yet, so I guess I know the ending now, but it does explain why they were spending time focusing on two ancillary characters I don't give a shit about.
Old 11-16-21, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Oh look, another person who's "not anti-vax" yet gladly gives up their job to avoid getting said vax.
Old 11-18-21, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I liked the character and was kinda sad that he was leaving. Then I read why and I was like, oh well, bye.
Old 11-18-21, 11:06 AM

Yeah, Lisadoris, I am more bummed that Chimney is basically not on the show anymore. I think I have mentioned this before, but I find the show very hit and miss, post Tsunami season I have found myself oftentimes skipping episodes, but a season or two back I pretty much watched all the eps. The current season is meh (the psycho rapist who kidnapped Athena's son story did nothing for me, so passed on watching those eps, which also included the okay LA Blackout storyline), and the show just feels a bit...off, so here is to hoping the showrunners are able to "reset" the show next season.

Another character I liked was I believe Chimney's brother, but I guess he was just slated to be a recurring character for a handful of episodes. At least I am still cool with the addition of Sasha Roiz's character to the show (I loved the show Grimm), and I even like Buck's news gal girlfriend, who seems to have fit-in to the show just fine.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.