Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

9-1-1 (Now on ABC) -- S: Peter Krause, Angela Bassett

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-18, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: 9-1-1 (FOX) -- S: Peter Krause, Connie Britton, Angela Bassett -- Premieres 1/3/1

I enjoyed this week's episode.

They toned down Buck a lot and I didn't mind them going a little more into Athena and Michael's story.

and damn, Chimney's girlfriend is a horrible person.

and wow, great makeup/prosthetic work in this episode. Him getting impaled through the head with that steel rod was pretty gruesome.
Old 01-19-18, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,130 Posts
Re: 9-1-1 (FOX) -- S: Peter Krause, Connie Britton, Angela Bassett -- Premieres 1/3/1

Good Ep. Lotsa "feels".
Old 01-19-18, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I really liked Kenneth Choi's character and then they go and impale him with a metal beam. That ain't right. I fast forwarded through the whole thing because, yuck.
Old 01-19-18, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I didn't buy him driving that kind of car.
Old 01-19-18, 05:52 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I have no real attachments to any of these characters yet, so the accident didn't really mean much to me.
Old 01-19-18, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I have no real attachments to any of these characters yet, so the accident didn't really mean much to me.
Agreed...even the top billed characters on this show could be written off the show without much backlash from fans because we are so early into the series run...if they are going to marginalize characters or conveniently abandon story lines (such as the therapist doing the hibbity dibbity with the hunk firefighter...please do this showrunners, pretty please with a cherry on top) now is the time to do so.
Old 01-23-18, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't take therapist/hunk as a storyline so much as character exposition. It provides a nice contrast to how he's interacting to Connie Britton.

There's a lot going on in this show and I'm liking most of it.
Old 01-23-18, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Agreed...even the top billed characters on this show could be written off the show without much backlash from fans because we are so early into the series run...
Pfft. Not with Angela Bassett. There would be blood. She has the most interesting story line and she's a badass. She is also one of the Exec Producers for this show so there's that...
Old 01-30-18, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Latest episode from last week with the plane crash was pretty good. Quite intense.

Loved Angela Bassett in this episode. She was such a badass arresting that punk ass bitch who bullied her daughter and then the scene in the plane where she took things over from that punk airport cop. She really owned this episode.

I suppose Krause's family are either dead or left him due to this alcoholism as hinted by this episode. Although that did kind of come out of the blue. He seemed to have it all together and then all of the sudden goes into some drunken relapse.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-30-18 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-30-18, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
He seemed to have it all together and then all of the sudden does into some drunken relapse.
He almost died with the person he was saving. Before that the mother said she refused to die during childbirth, she fought hard so she can see him, she didn't want to die at that time either.

That sent him into a dark place that forced his relapse.
Old 01-31-18, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I could be reading more into this but Krause's character seemed a bit out of sorts from the moment they got to the crash scene. I wonder if his alcoholism started with a plane crash and that whole rescue triggered him.
Old 01-31-18, 08:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a very solid show, the crash scene this past ep was very good. Not a huge fan of any melodrama plotlines, but they keep it pretty well balanced with the interesting 911 calls.
Old 02-02-18, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Well damn...

Nash's confession to the priest:
Spoiler:
Nash was suffering from chronic pain so he would tell his wife he is going for a walk. He instead went to an apartment in the same
building he was renting. There he downed pills and alcohol. He woke up and raced back to his family, forgetting to turn off the heater he used to stay warm. Eventually the embers caught his blanket on fire which then spread across the building. The apartment building wasn't up to code and his family burned up with over 160 others. He killed his family.
Old 02-02-18, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nate's confession was not what I was expecting at all.
Old 02-02-18, 07:03 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

pretty sure I would just kill myself.
Old 02-02-18, 08:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Rough backstory, makes sense why he is keeping the book of saving lives though, pretty good ep. Just watched a Season 3 ep of Columbo last night with Mariette Hartley...
Old 03-21-18, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI, tonight is the season finale

THE FIRST RESPONDERS GET PERSONAL ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF "9-1-1" WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, ON FOX

The first responders take calls to help an unusual domestic disturbance, a "death" at a psychic's and a horrific motorcycle crash. Meanwhile, Bobby dips his toe into the dating pool, Abby takes a walk down memory lane, Buck is confronted by his past actions and Athena tries to start her new life in the all-new "A Whole New You" season finale episode of 9-1-1 airing Wednesday, March 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NIN-110) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Angela Bassett as Athena Grant; Connie Britton as Abby Clark; Peter Krause as Bobby Nash; Oliver Stark as Evan "Buck" Buckley; Aisha Hinds as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson; Kenneth Choi as Howie "Chimney" Han; Rockmond Dunbar as Michael Grant

Guest Cast: Mariette Hartley as Patricia Clark; Cocoa Brown as Carla Price; Doug Savant as Matthew Clark; Connie Massiah as May Grant; Marcanthonee Reis as Harry Grant

It was renewed for a 16 episode 2nd season.

Also, Connie Britton will not return as a regular next season. She only signed on for 1 season. They are negotiating a possible return as a special guest star.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/21/9-1-1-s...abby-spoilers/
Old 03-21-18, 05:42 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

She’ll probably be moved over to AHS next year.
Old 03-21-18, 05:55 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Connie Britton looks old as dirt and is the weak link for this show... glad she's gone.
Old 03-25-18, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk God

I watched the finale yesterday and for all intents and purposes, they wrote out Britton's character Abby. She left on an international trip to Ireland to find herself after the death of her Mom.

Buck says he'll be waiting for her when she comes back. I found them to be a strange pairing. Connie is an older and much more mature woman and she didn't really have chemistry with Oliver Stark.

The only sort of surprise was Bobby and Athena going out on a date at the end. They didn't really hint that either had any kind of interest in each other.

It was a decent 1st season. The plot of the weeks were mostly entertaining. They seemed to do a few that were ripped from the headlines like the woman who woke up with the British accent.
Old 03-25-18, 07:47 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Connie Britton was supposed to be playing a 42 year old, and she is clearly much older than that. That relationship did not work at all and was the lowlight of the season.
Old 03-25-18, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Connie is 51 and looks like she's in her 50's.

I do like Peter Krause and Angela Bassett. I think they were the strongest points of the 1st season.

Not sure if a potential romance between their characters works though.
Old 03-25-18, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I watched the finale yesterday and for all intents and purposes, they wrote out Britton's character Abby. She left on an international trip to Ireland to find herself after the death of her Mom.

Buck says he'll be waiting for her when she comes back. I found them to be a strange pairing. Connie is an older and much more mature woman and she didn't really have chemistry with Oliver Stark.

The only sort of surprise was Bobby and Athena going out on a date at the end. They didn't really hint that either had any kind of interest in each other.

It was a decent 1st season. The plot of the weeks were mostly entertaining. They seemed to do a few that were ripped from the headlines like the woman who woke up with the British accent.
The sushi eating tapeworm guy was also straight from the headlines.
Old 03-25-18, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

9-1-1: The 24 Absolute Most Bonkers Moments From Season 1 - By Ryan Schwartz - March 24, 2018 - TV LINE Website.

Fox’s 9-1-1 really is the best kind of crazy. The first-responder drama - hich is part soap opera, part Emergency! on steroid - closed out its freshman run earlier this week as Wednesday’s No. 1 series, having become the network’s biggest hit since Empire burst onto the scene three years ago.

The Ryan Murphy procedural boasts an impressive ensemble (Angela Bassett! Peter Krause! Connie Britton!), yet much of its appeal has nothing to do with its stars. For many, the reason to tune in is for the outlandish calls-to-action, which have ranged from a baby getting flushed down a toilet to a flying bouncy house. Sometimes, the most ridiculous moments stemmed from what the first-responders had going on in their personal lives (Buck’s sexual rendezvous, Chimney’s unforgettable car accident, etc.) which, for the most part, also kept us entertained.

And so, with a second season still months away, we’re using this time to look back at some of those far-fetched occurrences.
As an added bonus, all of them are presented as GIFs, allowing even those who haven’t watched to fully grasp the crazy!

https://tvline.com/2018/03/24/9-1-1-...tos-fox-drama/
Old 05-14-18, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Jennifer Love Hewitt joining the cast for season 2: http://deadline.com/2018/05/9-1-1-je...es-1202390238/

Hewitt will play the new character of Maddie, the sister of firefighter Evan “Buck” Buckley (Oliver Stark), who is starting her life over as a 911 operator. (The announcement was made today during Fox’s upfront presentation.)

The introduction of Maddie would help fill the void left by the departure of Connie Britton who played 911 operator Abby Clark in Season 1. Britton had a one-year deal for the show but the producers still hope that she would come back for a few episodes next season to make the transition more seamless. (Britton earlier today was at the NBCUniversal upfront presentation promoting her new Bravo limited series Dear John).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.