Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Most annoying characters in tv history?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Re: Most annoying characters in tv history?

Forgot about this one. Really enjoyed Don't Trust the B____ in Apt 2B, but couldn't stand this character. He's clearly the reason the show was cancelled.

Old 01-01-18, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Negan (Walking Dead):

He's a comic book villain to the core come to life on the screen. That's not a good thing. What works on a black and white page doesn't always translate to a living-breathing world. He's annoying, and JDM thinks he there to chew scenery, but that's not the performace that comes across. They need to kill him ASAP and move the fuck on. He's been killing the show for a year and a half now(as evidenced by the ratings). *disregard if he's been dispatched already. I'm a handful of episodes behind because I dread him showing up. Not because he's scary or might kill someone I like, but because he's a terrible character.

Agree 100%. I've been a loyal TWD viewer for ALL the seasons since day 1. Then Negan showed up and it was too much. I stopped about mid-way last season and i haven't really caught up to this season as of this post.
Old 01-01-18, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Dr. Chi Park on House MD.

Old 01-01-18, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Andy on Family Ties. He didn't ruin the show, but he was so superfluous.
Old 01-01-18, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
Mary Padian on Storage Wars. She's a fucking 12-year-old autistic spaz. I laugh when she complains about not being able to find a guy in LA. Even in developmentally-challenged LA no guy would put up with that. I stopped watching the show because of her.

On fictional TV, Trisha Helfer managed to make me skip all of season 2 of Lucifer. And I was stoked for her arrival.

Voyager's Neelix went from great potential character to total annoyance in rapid time. Like, half a season.
Only see Storage Wars occasionally, but know who you're talking about. Find her amusing more than annoying.

Watch Lucifer religiously ( ), but didn't recognize who Helfer was until I googled her. Her character is annoying as all get out.

Before any pics were posted of Voyager characters, I read an article in which they (producers, writers, etc.) discussed the show and characters. They seriously thought Neelix would become Voyager's "breakout character", ala Spock and Data. As soon as I saw a pic of Neelix, I thought... they have a problem.
Old 01-01-18, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstrauss

"Get in the house, Carl!"
She could take this title for 3 different shows. Prison Break, Walking Dead and The Colony.
Old 01-02-18, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I forgot to mention Janice on Friends.
I guess since I have never lived in the Northeast charecter's with voices like that and Fran Drescher are not grating. Janet and Monica/Ross's dad are easily my favorite recurring charecters. Every Janet episode is in my top tier of Friends episodes.
Old 01-02-18, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

The kid that played Duchovney's long lost son in Californication. He was beyond annoying.
Old 01-02-18, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The kid that played Duchovney's long lost son in Californication. He was beyond annoying.
Good call. I had blocked that season from memory.
Old 01-02-18, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Got caught up on Walking Dead last night... in addition to Negan how could I forget Eugene?

How they've managed to keep him alive while killing off good characters boggles the mind.
He is one of the main reasons why I stopped watching the show.
Old 05-27-18, 02:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Vancome Lady and Ms. Swan on Mad TV.

I'm surprised we haven't had more cartoon characters listed. (Just Lisa Simpson, Scrappy Doo, and all but one of the characters on King of the Hill?)

I hate Big Nose on Pink Panther and Pals. When he was The Little Man in the original cartoons, he was most often a victim of the Panther's actions. Pink was usually oblivious to what a nuisance he (Pink) was.

But in Pals, Big Nose relishes being mean, sometimes without any personal benefit, other than making others miserable.
Old 05-27-18, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

For animated I'd have to go with Woody Woodpecker. That.fucking.laugh.
Old 05-27-18, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 05-27-18, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Chris Kattan was not a character but when he was featured in a SNL sketch you knew it would be shit.

Noogie on Miami Vice and Izzy a honorable mention.

Old 05-27-18, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts

All these "wife/mother" characters which were and/or became annoying:

Katey Sagal in Sons of Anarchy.
Julie Benz, Dexter's wife.
Anna Gun, Walter White's wife in Breaking Bad.

I'm sure I'm missing some. I don't know, but perhaps all these female characters were written by men.
Old 05-27-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty much all the different "characters" that make up the Council of Wells.
Old 05-27-18, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Leeta on DS9. Not that I object to Chase Masterson in a tight, boob-revealing outfit. But 90% of her dialogue was "Oh, Rom!" In a series defined by some very strong females (Jadzia, Kira, Kai Opaca, even Moogie), she was a joke.
Old 05-27-18, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

My wife watches Modern Family so I hear that Sofia Vagara(sp?) person/character quite a bit. Easily one of most annoying of all time.
Old 05-27-18, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Jack Moore (Oliver Queen's kid) on Arrow. I kept wanting to smack that self-absorbed twit.

Last edited by randian; 05-28-18 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-28-18, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

I can't believe no one has mentioned Diane Chambers on Cheers.

Shelley Long quitting the show was the best thing for it, and had she not left I can't believe it would have lasted more than another year or two. Kirstie Alley as Rebecca gave the show a real kick in the pants (and allowed the writers to expand and explore the other characters more instead of the mostly Sam and Diane plots that really wore thin after 2-3 seasons).
Old 05-28-18, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Steve Urkel.
Easily.

I grew up watching the show but it got to a point where it was just frustrating to watch. I know it was a show with robots and magic potions and yet it was totally unbelievable to me that Urkell could be so oblivious to how annoying and horrible he was to Carl and his family, and equally unbelievable that Carl would put up with it for all those years.

The mom from the Goldbergs is also pretty annoying. The episode where she thinks it's a good idea to be a teacher at her kids school and then sits in the middle of the cateria and screams at her kids "Schmoopies! Sit over here with mama!!" or something to that affect. Nobody's mom, no matter how clueless, would do that. She's a good character sometimes, but it gets to the point that my face scrunches up when watching her antics. Maybe that's why I stopped watching the show.

I really disliked Kimmy Gibbler.

Ronee Lawrence, Martin's girlfriend on Frasier. Punchlines you see coming from a mile a way, cheesy dialogue, and a horrible game show-like line delivery. I liked the actress in the Just Shoot Me, but here she was horrible.
Daphne's family was also annoying.
Old 05-28-18, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,465 Likes on 932 Posts

Another vote for Lucy Ball. Not only was her character annoying and unfunny, but she played that character on one show after another for more than 20 years.
Old 05-28-18, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
Another vote for Lucy Ball. Not only was her character annoying and unfunny, but she played that character on one show after another for more than 20 years.
Old 05-28-18, 11:08 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thomas Middleditch, in part because he's gotten continually more annoying on Silicon Valley, but primarily for those gawd-awful phone commercials, which have bled his supreme annoyingness over to his Silicon Valley character.
Old 05-28-18, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie
The mom from the Goldbergs is also pretty annoying. The episode where she thinks it's a good idea to be a teacher at her kids school and then sits in the middle of the cateria and screams at her kids "Schmoopies! Sit over here with mama!!" or something to that affect. Nobody's mom, no matter how clueless, would do that. She's a good character sometimes, but it gets to the point that my face scrunches up when watching her antics. Maybe that's why I stopped watching the show.
I don't know about that. If you're a regular viewer (or were one at one time), you'd see those pre-closing credits sequences where the most unbelievably or absurd aspect of the episode was actually based on Adam F. Goldberg's real life. Like when Beverly stayed overnight in the dorm with Erica on her first night in college earlier this season, that actually happened (to Adam...there is no Erica in real life). Or the borderline stalking answering machine messages Beverly left.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.