TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

A Tale of Two Coreys (Lifetime) -- TV movie bio on Corey Haim & Corey Feldman

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-17, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
A Tale of Two Coreys (Lifetime) -- TV movie bio on Corey Haim & Corey Feldman

Here's the trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X8lJJcedIiU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Premieres January 6th for anyone who might be interested.

Corey Feldman was a Producer on this, so this wasn't one of those awful authorized bio pics that Lifetime did over the last few years.

Filmed earlier this year, Lifetime will premiere the original movie A Tale of Two Coreys on January 6, 2018 at 8pm ET/PT. Executive produced by Corey Feldman, the movie is based on the true story of the rise and fall of 80s' phenomenon, "The Two Coreys," actors Corey Feldman and Corey Haim.

Feldman (Elijah Marcano and Scott Bosely) and Haim (Justin Ellings and Casey Leach) skyrocketed to fame after working together on the blockbuster movie The Lost Boys and quickly became young Hollywood heartthrobs. They collaborated on popular comedies including License to Drive and Dream a Little Dream and basked in being Tinseltown royalty in their early teens. But as their stars rose, their lives began to quickly spin out of control with endless partying and drugs. As their fame and fortune increased, dark secrets haunted them. Young and impressionable, the actors suffered through years of sexual abuse at the hands of industry insiders. With studio offers drying up and their reputations becoming tabloid fodder, Feldman eventually turned his life around by getting sober, getting married and having a son. With the support of Feldman, Haim seemed to be embracing another chance in Hollywood when the two starred in their own reality series The Two Coreys. Tragically, Haim's come back ended abruptly when he died suddenly from what the autopsy reported as natural causes.

A Tale of Two Coreys also stars Paula Lindberg as "Judy Haim," B Howard as "Michael Jackson," Patrick Muldoon as "Bob Feldman" and Ashley Scott as "Sheila Feldman." Feldman's fellow "Frog Brother" from The Lost Boys, Jamison Newlander, makes a special appearance, along with his former co-star Keith Coogan (Adventures in Babysitting) and Drew Shapiro as "Kerri Green."

A Tale of Two Coreys is produced by Feldman (Truth Campaign*), Phil Shapiro, Jeffrey Schenck and Barry Barnholtz. Filmed in Los Angeles in 2017, the movie is directed by Steven Huffaker with story by Feldman, Schenck, Peter Sullivan, Hanz Wasserburger and Tejal Desai. The script is by Sullivan, Wasserburger and Jessica Dube.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-27-17 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-27-17, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: A Tale of Two Coreys (Lifetime) -- TV movie bio on Corey Haim & Corey Feldman

A wild guess the acting will be terrible.

Whatever you think of him he knows how to get the hot ladies.

I did not know he was buddies with Sam Kinison.
Old 12-27-17, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: A Tale of Two Coreys (Lifetime) -- TV movie bio on Corey Haim & Corey Feldman

I'd only be interested in a documentary. I'm not really a fan of either of these guys (except Haim in Lucas, and I find Feldman is unfairly vilified), but there's something grubbily fascinating, cautionary, and tragic about their Tinseltown tale.
Old 01-06-18, 06:53 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

This is on tonight. There’s an interview with Feldman on after.
Old 01-06-18, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
A wild guess the acting will be terrible.
On the plus side, it would make it more true to life.
Old 01-06-18, 07:25 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

If I were in his position, I really hope that I would be as strong as all the women now coming forth with their tales, and say "fuck it, this happened to me and my friend, and probably many others, and I'm going to tell the complete fucking story of what happened", and not go on tv begging for $1 million dollars to "tell my story", and not give a fuck about any lawsuits that might be filed against me.
Old 01-06-18, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

^Agreed, but it seems he's a rank opportunist.
Old 01-08-18, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

On the plus side, it would make it more true to life.
LOL

i doubt Haim if he was still alive would be happy with this movie.
Old 01-10-18, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

For a Lifetime TV movie, this wasn't that bad. It was very watchable. It did look cheap in some parts, but that's expected for these TV movies.

The actor who played Feldman as an adult was a good casting job. He really looked similar to him.

Feldman said in the interview special afterwards that Haim's sexual abuser from the time he was a kid is still around and active in Hollywood, but he can't name him on camera. The movie lightly depicted the apparent incident when it happened.

I do feel like this movie was a very sanitized portrayal of their lives and careers. I'm sure a more real portrayal of the shit these two went through couldn't air on basic cable.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-10-18 at 11:26 PM.