Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Vendettas (MTV) -- Premieres 1/2/18

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-18, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Vendettas (MTV) -- Premieres 1/2/18

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Devin tells it like it is. The goal during every season of The Challenge should be to get Bananas out early. If he makes it to a final, he will more than likely win it. I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers, but you would think Bananas would crush Devin. He just has a lot more muscle mass than him if it was a physical elimination, but then again Bananas has been used as a backpack in an elimination before and he also lost to Derrick in Dirty 30.
Devin is very cocky for someone who isn't as athletic as the others, but I'll always be a fan after he defended Cheyanne by himself against Bananas and co., and standing up for Sarah after she was screwed out of her finals money. Def not a perfect guy and can be cringey at times, but seems like a smart and decent "face" for the show.
Old 03-02-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Devin talks the same crap about Bananas that you see on this forum, but he does it to Bananas’ face. I didn’t really have a strong opinion of him when he started in on these shows, but he has won me over. I wouldn’t say he is a favorite, but I’m glad to see him show up on a season’s cast - even if it is just to annoy the crap out of Bananas.
Old 03-07-18, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm pretty surprised to see Tony vote against Bananas after kissing his ass for so many seasons.

And man, those girls are bitches for picking on Kayleigh for basically doing nothing but having Bananas hit on her.
Old 03-07-18, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm pretty surprised to see Tony vote against Bananas after kissing his ass for so many seasons.

And man, those girls are bitches for picking on Kayleigh for basically doing nothing but having Bananas hit on her.
I highly doubt the drama was solely over Bananas hitting on her. Everyone knows MTV heavily edits these shows. I will bet they were secretly hooking up maybe not the entire time but enough.
Old 03-07-18, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I highly doubt the drama was solely over Bananas hitting on her. Everyone knows MTV heavily edits these shows. I will bet they were secretly hooking up maybe not the entire time but enough.
That's true, Devin also said on the after show thing that it all started with a game of flip cup between guys and girls where there was a bet that whoever won could make out with the loser at any time, which is how anything started between Bananas and Kayleigh and they "hooked up" a few times in the bathroom.

Regardless, still a fucked up thing for all those other girls to do.
Old 03-07-18, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty decent and packed episode, at least for this sort of show. I was certain they were going to cliff-hang the Devin-Bananas elimination and was pleasantly surprised they didn’t.
Old 03-07-18, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Kayleigh and Bananas also were fucking after they left the show as well.
Old 03-07-18, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

It's always good to see Bananas go out early. I'm glad that Devin eliminated him. I have a feeling that either Zach or Tony will win. Zach will probably fade in the final or an elimination like he always does....
Old 03-07-18, 12:55 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I think it’s time for them to stop asking Bananas back. It’s just so tiresome and repetitive. Tony made the right call.

It’s all been nice for once to actually have a decent crop of new people added.

I’ve never really found Britni attractive, but I thought she looked smoking on her after show. All drunk and handsy with Devin.

Interesting to see Frank back next week. I don’t think he’s all that intimidating though.
Old 03-07-18, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

When did TJ become the anti-bullying police? Hasn't stuff like this gone on for years on this show? Why get involved now?
Old 03-07-18, 01:12 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
When did TJ become the anti-bullying police? Hasn't stuff like this gone on for years on this show? Why get involved now?
Because MTV signs his checks and told him to.
Old 03-07-18, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I find it fucking hysterical this show now acts like the moral police when early seasons were all about getting people drunk and emotional enough to pretty much do anything and everything (think CT nearly killing Adam, Tonya sexual assault, etc etc). The Real World and Challenge history is literally founded on horrific behavior. Now tossing a mattress and some belongings over is condemned as if it's the worst thing ever?? Literal hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by dex14
I’ve never really found Britni attractive, but I thought she looked smoking on her after show. All drunk and handsy with Devin.
Yeah, Britni looked hot here, legs for days. I always go back and forth on her. She's really a two face; sometimes she looks very basic and other times smokin.

Devin talks way too much shit for someone who has never won anything and would get destroyed in anything physical.
Old 03-07-18, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
I find it fucking hysterical this show now acts like the moral police when early seasons were all about getting people drunk and emotional enough to pretty much do anything and everything (think CT nearly killing Adam, Tonya sexual assault, etc etc). The Real World and Challenge history is literally founded on horrific behavior. Now tossing a mattress and some belongings over is condemned as if it's the worst thing ever?? Literal hypocrisy.
I guess they aired every second of the incident to show how much MTV abhors such behavior.

If it was Bad Girls Club (which TJ once stated was his TV show guilty pleasure) they would have snatched up her weave and then beat her ass and drug her to the curb.
Old 03-07-18, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Did TJ admonish Knight for basically terrorizing Jemmye with ketchup?
Old 03-07-18, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The whole bullying thing was MTV showing how politically correct they are and how they would never stand for anything resembling inappropriate behavior.
Old 03-12-18, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Sure but it still doesn't seem to be any of Jemmeye or Kaylah's business. Seems like they used this bit of news to do something shitty to someone they already didn't like.

Devin beating Bananas was awesome. I like and don't like Devin at the same time. He's smart and knows the game but he's also a dick about it. He's a good addition because he's not afraid to throw a wrench into the game -- like he did with this whole Nelson/Kaleigh/Bananas love triangle. And he's the only one right about Bananas. The guy is good in Finals, he's done so many of them that he has the endurance to do it. But he's beatable in eliminations. You need to put him in early and often.

I got a good laugh out of Zach saying in the end that he was the most physically dominant player left. The dude is delusional. He's going to choke in another elimination.
Old 03-13-18, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Did a Challenge air tonight (Tuesday 3/13)? Tivo recorded the After Show (@11pm) with Tony, Natalie & the red headed chick from Champs vs. Stars but no Challenge was recorded. According to Tivo's guide, Fear Factor was on @10pm instead of the Challenge.
Old 03-14-18, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes there was an episode on before Fear Factor.
Old 03-14-18, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been a very good season and they finally have some new people to go along with the vets I’m interested in following in the future. Now if only Laurel would come back as she hinted she might, if would be icing on the cake. I thought this show was going downhill but this season really has changed my mind. They could do these non-stop all year and I’d probably keep watching.
Old 03-14-18, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've enjoyed it as well. Mixing up the cast a bit has helped.

Talk about lucky and you are talking about Kam. She goes in two eliminations and faces "champions" in both, but draws Tori and Smashley and gets basically a walk-over both times.
Old 03-14-18, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm disappointed that only Britni went home. These Mercenaries didn't really have the impact that I imagine the show thought they would.
Old 03-14-18, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Darrell and Laurel were the only two true mercenaries. I hope Laurel comes back again. She's one of my all time favorites. I wish she would at least do a season of Champs vs. Stars. I was disappointed in the Darrell vs Nelson elimination. No elimination should ever end in a draw. Let them go on forever until someone rings that bell. I wonder if Production was about to go into overtime pay and they called it due to that....
Old 03-14-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One other note. Zach may ending up winning the whole thing if he doesn't have a mental lapse again. He destroyed that pallet challenge all by himself. Everyone else gassed out and looked like chumps except for Zach and Kyle.
Old 03-14-18, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm a little surprised Darrell didn't wreck Nelson.

And yeah, I don't think Devin was that smart in picking teams. Maybe he thought Zach would crap out endurance wise more then Brad/Nelson, but if he was intending to stack his team or at least make a shitty group of 4 that he knew would lose, he could have done better. At least he admitted he was an idiot.
Old 03-14-18, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Talk about lucky and you are talking about Kam. She goes in two eliminations and faces "champions" in both, but draws Tori and Smashley and gets basically a walk-over both times.
To be fair there just aren't a lot of past female competitive bad asses. In the older challenges a lot of the girls didn't win based on that. For example, Susie was undefeated in eliminations, but while she was a good athlete, she really got by more on mental acumen and guile. No one would fear her in a pig wrestle.

Who could they get?

They got Laurel and Anessa, who was a good fit for the type of challenge they brought her in for.
Cara was there already
Rachel was pregnant
Jenna was injured during Champs vs Stars
Emily seems to be concentrating on her fitness business and not on overseas challenges
Ev is a Harvard graduate human rights attorney (Go Ev!)

Tori and Ashley are really as good a choice as anyone else. Kam did get the lucky draw twice though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.