Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- S: Shemar Moore -- From EP Shawn Ryan -- Premieres 11/2/17

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-18, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts
Re: S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- S: Shemar Moore -- From EP Shawn Ryan -- Premieres 11/2/17

Originally Posted by DJariya
Overall, I'd give season 1 a B. It's worth a watch if you enjoy Police action procedurals. Moore was a good lead and I liked the dynamic with the team. And hopefully Street will get his shit together and they dump his Mom.
Agree. The show pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting more of a Moore love-fest for the ladies (based on the pre-release previews). Ended up being a pretty good weekly cop show. Looking forward to season 2.
Old 09-27-18, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/27/18

THE SWAT TEAM ENGAGES IN A STANDOFF WITH HUMAN TRAFFICKERS HOLDING CHILD HOSTAGES WHEN A MAJOR EARTHQUAKE HITS LOS ANGELES, ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF “S.W.A.T.,” THURSDAY, SEPT. 27

“Shaky Town” – The SWAT team engages in a standoff with human traffickers holding child hostages when a major earthquake hits Los Angeles during their operation and compromises the takedown. Also, while Hondo forms an unexpected personal connection with Deputy District Attorney Nia Wells (Nikiva Dionne), Jim Street has trouble adjusting to his new life as a patrol officer, on the second season premiere of S.W.A.T., Thursday, Sept. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Hondo & the #SWAT team are ‘quaking in their boots’ – literally – when a major earthquake hits during an operation, forcing them into a standoff with human traffickers! @shemarmoore stars in the @SWATCBS S2 premiere 9/27 10pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2w35H7a

REGULAR CAST:
Shemar Moore (Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson)
Stephanie Sigman (Jessica Cortez)
Alex Russell (Jim Street)
Jay Harrington (David “Deacon” Kay)
Lina Esco (Christina “Chris” Alonso)
Kenny Johnson (Dominique Luca)
Peter Onorati (Jeff Mumford)
David Lim (Victor Tan)
Patrick St. Esprit (Commander Robert Hicks)

RECURRING CAST:
Lou Ferrigno, Jr. (Rocker)
Otis Gallop (Sgt. Stevens)

GUEST CAST:
Nikita Dionne (Nia Wells)
Juan Javier Cardenas (Beni)
Joseph Lee Anderson (Tony)
Gene Farber (Drummond)
Jimmy Jean-Lous (Desir)
Sumalee Montano (Gwen)
Lee Chesley (Jan)
Alexander Charles Arzu (Isaac)
Mataeo Mingo (James)
Camden Coley (Paul)
Aiden Berryman (Stanley)
Lynn Adrianna (Carol)
E.R. Ruiz (Jax)
Beau Casper Smart (Kaden)
Michael Trucco (Eric)
Betty Murphy (Mrs. Perkins)
Wali Habib (Nick)
Molly Erdman (Nurse)
Christina Craddick (Stacey)
Dmitri Schuyler (Teen Boy)
Minerva Garcia (Hospital Administrator)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Jones-Morales
DIRECTED BY: Billy Gierhart

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gZVm5D3_xws" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 1 was pretty good, not great overall. Had some good action episodes, but it did get a little heavy at points. But overall I was entertained. it didn't feel as cookie cutter as many cop dramas.
Old 09-27-18, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/27/18

Looking forward to this. My wife and I enjoyed last season quite a bit.
Old 09-27-18, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Same here; enjoyed last season.

Although since I've been watching Shield for the last few weeks, it's gonna be weird seeing Kenny Johnson in his role here.
Old 09-28-18, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Same here; enjoyed last season.

Although since I've been watching Shield for the last few weeks, it's gonna be weird seeing Kenny Johnson in his role here.
Regardless of what show he pops up on, he will forever be known as Lem by me and my wife.
Old 09-28-18, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Regardless of what show he pops up on, he will forever be known as Lem by me and my wife.
Yup. lol

All I'll ever picture now is him using a shotgun to play air guitar in season 1.
Old 09-29-18, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Fun episode to start season 2. Some good action and a cool chopper sequence. I guess Street is going to stay a beat cop awhile longer.

Kind of ironic that SWAT's storyline used a huge earthquake like 911's premiere.

I wasn't feeling Hondo's new apparent love interest. Plus she's got an estranged husband too as the end showed.

Read that SWAT took a hit ratings-wise as it was airing against football. Last year SWAT aired after football finished in November. A write up I saw said that SWAT kind of shares the same audience as football (male viewers)
Old 10-15-18, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Fire bombing plot from this past week's episode was entertaining. Hondo's new girlfriend was a big part of it. I'm not really a fan of her. She's not a very good actress. Stephanie Sigman is a much better actress than her. And now it looks like they're bringing back Michael Trucco next week to cause some trouble.

Just noticed that the 2nd SWAT leader Mumford is no longer on the show.

I guess they dropped Peter Onarati because the Commander Hicks is now a regular and in the opening credits.
Old 05-09-19, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for a 3rd season: https://deadline.com/2019/05/s-w-a-t...re-1202604958/

Season 2 has been great. But, I kind of get why this thread has been dead since September. It's a procuedural and most of these simply don't bring out any discussion here. You'll never get 200+ posts for a procedural here.

The school shooting episode was especially powerful and timely. And I think they've developed all the characters really well. I did like Debbie Allen being cast as Hondo's mom.
Old 05-09-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad to hear. Enjoy this show quite a bit.

Caught some of the SLJ movie last night; it was airing right before basketball started on TNT.
Old 05-12-19, 12:57 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not a fan of the foster kid substory (actually most substories are naff, the threesome couple ick) but the action in this show is great and makes up for it

Cameo by Billings from the Shield !

Vic Mackay next (as a villian)
Old 05-14-19, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

I've been binge-watching SWAT over the last week. Fell way behind, but catching up with CBS All-Access. I'm through 16 of the 22 that aired. The season finale is this Thursday. It actually makes it easier watching it this way vs. my DVR records.

Anyways. action is still solid. Shemar Moore is great as Hondo.

A few thoughts:

Chris dating that couple is just weird. It feels very forced just to give her a "love life"

I also think it's a way to try to keep her and Street apart as it's pretty obvious that Street is into her.

Loved the episode where Chris and Jessica went to Mexico to go against the cartel and most of it was in Spanish. Very authentic look and feel.

The School shooting episode was really well done. Some really tense scenes.

Hondo breaking up with that lawyer was good. I felt no chemistry between them

And I have a feeling that rapist who attempted to attack Hondo's sister will be seen again since it wasn't resolved. Same goes with that racist cop in Arizona.

I like Deacon a lot. I like that they show he's not perfect and struggling with money along with trying to be a good Dad and husband.

I did not realize until recently that Shawn Ryan's (the EP of the show) wife Cathy Ryan, who also starred in The Shield, plays the SWAT team psychologist.

I realize this is a CBS cop procedural with a long season and most of you simply have no time or patience for this kind of show. But, it's a top notch well directed action show with some good chemistry and character development.
Old 05-14-19, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk God

My wife and I still enjoy the hell out of this. Glad it is getting a renewal.
Old 05-16-19, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Finally caught up. Saw episode 22 that had Billings from The Shield. Pretty clever to make SWAT take place in the same universe as The Shield.

It's too bad that David Marciano and Kenny Johnson didn't have a scene together. He should have said something like...."You look really familiar"

I thought it was amusing that Deacon's wife got upset with Chris after she told their daughter about her lifestyle. And she said she would not have made her their new daughter's god mother if she knew that.
Old 05-19-19, 03:25 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good last episode but the street mother and darryl substories just suck and drain the screen when they are on

As long as the show is mostly action, i will keep watching

they have set the scene, definitely plenty of more possibilities for more Shield cameos

Street could have a relationship with the Paula Garcas character

Vic Mackay returning as a bounty hounter

Acevada as the Mayor
Old 05-24-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Finished the season finale last night.

Overall, it was a good season. I think it was better than the 1st season. Sure the ending with the big attack at city hall was kind of predictable, but it was an entertaining.

I'm glad they put behind Deacon's troubles. He's a good dude and he's kind of the moral center of the show.

Glad it didn't end on a cliffhanger and it was a complete self contained season. Hondo deciding to take time off to go on vacation with Darrell was a nice warm ending.

I do hope we don't see Street's mother anymore. She got to be an annoyance. I also hope in season 3 they lose Chris' storyline with the couple. It does appear that Street might be moving on with the Commander's daughter.
Old 10-02-19, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/2/19

THE SWAT TEAM WORKS WITH A SENIOR LAPD OFFICER TO STOP A SERIAL BOMBER USING DRONES AS DETONATION DEVICES, ON THE THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF "S.W.A.T.," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 2

Amy Farrington Joins the Cast as Lieutenant Piper Lynch, a Senior Officer in the LAPD's Hollywood Division

"Fire in the Sky" - The SWAT team works with Lieutenant Piper Lynch (Amy Farrington)
, a senior LAPD Hollywood Division officer, when the mayor assigns her to oversee city departments joining forces to stop a serial bomber using drones as detonation devices. Also, just as Hondo settles into legal guardianship of his teen charge, Darryl (Deshae Frost)
, his home life becomes more complicated when his estranged father (Obba Babatundé)
unexpectedly moves in, on the third season premiere of S.W.A.T., Wednesday, Oct. 2 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Shemar Moore (Daniel "Hondo" Harrelson)
Stephanie Sigman (Jessica Cortez)
Alex Russell (Jim Street)
Jay Harrington (David "Deacon" Kay)
Lina Esco (Christina "Chris" Alonso)
Kenny Johnson (Dominique Luca)
David Lim (Victor Tan)
Patrick St. Esprit (Commander Robert Hicks)
Amy Farrington (Lieutenant Piper Lynch)

RECURRING CAST:

Debbie Allen (Charice Harrelson)
Obba Babatundé (Daniel Harrelson, Sr)
Gabrielle Dennis (Brianna Harrelson)
Deshae Frost (Darryl)

GUEST CAST:

Laura James (Molly)
Eian O'Brien (Westerly)
Mark Dippolito (Wade)
Izzy Diaz (Walter)
David Alvarez (Chico V)
Tim Dezarn (Brewster)
Chuck McCollum (Colonel Browning)
Aline Elasmar (Jaslynn)
Ryan Dorsey (Greg)
Janna Bossier (Iris)
John Yang Li (Survivor)
Tessa Munro (Meg)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Jones-Morales

DIRECTED BY: Billy Gierhart

Wasn't planning on starting this thread, but this is now one of my favorite CBS action shows along with FBI, so I guess I'll do it.* *Last season was really good and ended on a strong note.* *I'm looking forward to season 3.
Old 10-03-19, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/2/19

No surprise here after last night's episode. Captain Cortez (Stephanie Sigman), who is Hondo's ex, is done with the show. Her character is staying with the FBI as they teased last year.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/03/swat-s...KAr9XBeP37tQ2M
Old 10-05-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

The episode itself was just alright. Not one of the better SWAT episodes. The drone bomber thing was a little silly. But, seeing the team back together again is always cool.

and it looks like the Lt. who helped out in this episode is a permanent new cast member, essentially replacing Cortez.

I'm guessing Hondo's Dad probably has cancer judging by him coughing up blood at the end

Minor nitpick: So Hondo and Darryl just return from a 3-month trip to Australia. Why was he armed with his weapon and badge coming home from the airport and then entering his house? Even though Hondo is a cop, he could not carry that on a plane. Unless they dropped by headquarters, but that wouldn't make sense just coming back from vacation. He can always get that coming into work.
Old 10-25-19, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big fan of the show. Sorry to see that the ratings are falling like a rock. Dropping cast and then replacing with horrible characters isn’t the way to get renewed for another season. Lynch doesn’t bring anything positive to the show. Replace ASAP or watch the ratings continue to slide. Sad to say...
Old 10-25-19, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by USHFan999
Big fan of the show. Sorry to see that the ratings are falling like a rock. Dropping cast and then replacing with horrible characters isn’t the way to get renewed for another season. Lynch doesn’t bring anything positive to the show. Replace ASAP or watch the ratings continue to slide. Sad to say...
Cortez was a worthless character too.
Old 10-26-19, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by USHFan999
Welcome since this is your 1st post.

And everything is down in network, not just SWAT. The days of 15-20M viewers per week on shows are long gone.

for the most part, no one cares about live overnight TV ratings anymore. The are so many other factors that keep shows on the air.

and what dramatic changes are you talking about? Mumford and Cortez? Mumford retired and he was hardly used at all in season 2. Cortez was the Captain, but once they established that she and Hondo could never have a relationship, there was no point in keeping the pretty Captain on the show, so they wrote her out in the probably the most logical way possible. The core of the team is still together. Lynch is only a minor supporting character.
Old 10-26-19, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Except they're going to use Lynch to create conflict rather than fighting for the team like you would think a seasoned LAPD veteran would do. Her character should have been from the outside with no LAPD credentials to be more believable.
Old 10-26-19, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
for the most part, no one cares about live overnight TV ratings anymore. The are so many other factors that keep shows on the air.
In practice, nobody of significance ever paid attention to live overnight ratings. The only folks who did, were largely pop culture pundits and tv show "dead pool" type of parlor games.

The people of significance only paid attention to C3 ratings. (ie. Advertisers paying the bills).

https://martechtoday.com/nielsen-add...ratings-201457

Unfortunately C3 ratings are rarely ever published.
Old 10-26-19, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Though with that being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if CBS browbeated Sony for the season 3 renewal of S.W.A.T. with (undisclosed) terms which are extremely favorable to CBS.

If Sony still has any syndication intentions for this show, most likely they will bend over backwards to get a season 4 renewal next year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.