DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Walking Dead (S8E02) -- "The Damned" -- 10/29/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/641950-walking-dead-s8e02-damned-10-29-17-a.html)

DJariya 10-29-17 01:17 PM

The Walking Dead (S8E02) -- "The Damned" -- 10/29/17

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...incoln-935.jpg

On the all new episode, "The Damned," airing Sunday, October 29th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, the plan involving Alexandrians, Kingdommers and Hilltoppers unfolds. As Rick continues to fight, he encounters a familiar face.

Episode 2 of 16

dom56 10-29-17 04:05 PM

Re: The Walking Dead (S8E02) -- "The Damned" -- 10/29/17

Better be playing one of The Damned song on this episode. :)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/53/43/e8/5...nk-s-music.jpg

Raul3 10-29-17 09:36 PM

no comments yet? wow!

Anyway, I think an episode of Mr. Robot makes more sense that this episode. :lol:

But yeah, same as the other show, I think they are trying to "elevate" the show, to make you think and stuff like that. But they are failing miserable.

The best part was Morgan as Terminator.

JZ1276 10-29-17 10:27 PM

Last week I read something about somebody mentioning they wonder what ever happened to Morales from season 1 but don't remember where. Coincidence.

Where is that sexy blonde Savior (Lindsley Register)? She hasn't been on the show since the middle of last season.

So now we're going to have yet another character go through a moral crisis over killing... in the MIDDLE of the war?! Jesus talks Tara into letting the Savior live because he surrendered. Savior gets lucky, gets a gun, puts it to to Jesus' head. Jesus takes the gun & STILL lets him live?! How many times do these characters need to be put into this situation before they learn?

DthRdrX 10-29-17 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 13193389)
no comments yet? wow!

Anyway, I think an episode of Mr. Robot makes more sense that this episode. :lol:

But yeah, same as the other show, I think they are trying to "elevate" the show, to make you think and stuff like that. But they are failing miserable.

The best part was Morgan as Terminator.

Morgan is back to being lost regarding killing like he was in 'Clear', so I'm guessing he is the next to go.

Mondo Kane 10-29-17 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 13193425)
Where is that sexy blonde Savior (Lindsley Register)? She hasn't been on the show since the middle of last season.

Ive missed her too :(

DthRdrX 10-30-17 12:36 AM

They have not revisited the entire junkyard crew yet either.

Baron Of Hell 10-30-17 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 13193505)
They have not revisited the entire junkyard crew yet either.

Why would they? They were killed off.

Kind of hard for me to get into this season. I'm just not finding it interesting yet.

JZ1276 10-30-17 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 13193533)
Why would they? They were killed off.

Are you assuming this or was it something I missed because although I did see them fighting, I did not see ALL of them get killed, especially the leader Jadis.

Baron Of Hell 10-30-17 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 13193538)
Are you assuming this or was it something I missed because although I did see them fighting, I did not see ALL of them get killed, especially the leader Jadis.

I remember them being murdered by Rick's group after they pulled the double cross. I could be wrong though. Might be wishful thinking on my part.

smorbie 10-30-17 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 13193425)
Last week I read something about somebody mentioning they wonder what ever happened to Morales from season 1 but don't remember where. Coincidence.

So now we're going to have yet another character go through a moral crisis over killing... in the MIDDLE of the war?! Jesus talks Tara into letting the Savior live because he surrendered. Savior gets lucky, gets a gun, puts it to to Jesus' head. Jesus takes the gun & STILL lets him live?! How many times do these characters need to be put into this situation before they learn?

Some of them are just stupid, I think. Dude, if you're a pacifist, then just sit home with Judith. They could've used Coral in the fight instead.

I've been reading a lot of people wishing for Morales, a guy I barely remembered from season 1. I've rewatched it several times, and he is just kind of there, blending into the background. But, since I had been reading so many people wishing for it, I've begun some entertaining conspiratorial thoughts that AMC or the show is planting bots on those threads to hype it up so people will be excited about it rather than WTF or WHOtf.

Gimple said on TD that they are wanting to remind Rick of how far he had come from the beginning, and I guess Morales is the last man standing who can do that. But,......SNORE. Much better than an hour of watching Negan lean back and yodel, but, still SNORE.

Bill Needle 10-30-17 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 13193538)

I'm sure a few were taken down, but they retreated. They shot off some smoke to cover their escape. They were not wiped out and are still out there.

Gizmo 10-30-17 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by smorbie (Post 13193578)
Some of them are just stupid, I think. Dude, if you're a pacifist, then just sit home with Judith. They could've used Coral in the fight instead.

I've been reading a lot of people wishing for Morales, a guy I barely remembered from season 1. I've rewatched it several times, and he is just kind of there, blending into the background. But, since I had been reading so many people wishing for it, I've begun some entertaining conspiratorial thoughts that AMC or the show is planting bots on those threads to hype it up so people will be excited about it rather than WTF or WHOtf.

Gimple said on TD that they are wanting to remind Rick of how far he had come from the beginning, and I guess Morales is the last man standing who can do that. But,......SNORE. Much better than an hour of watching Negan lean back and yodel, but, still SNORE.

I hope we get more Nikki and Paulo's on this show like in Lost! Morales was always there.

bunkaroo 10-30-17 09:21 AM

This show is just one big bowl of "meh" now. What a bummer.

DthRdrX 10-30-17 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 13193590)
I'm sure a few were taken down, but they retreated. They shot off some smoke to cover their escape. They were not wiped out and are still out there.

Yea, they have a rather large group, and their leader was still alive as well.

So did anyone else catch that one of the Saviors was Minkus from Boy Meets World. :lol:

That's him on the right.

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/10/t...is-1044596.png

Gizmo 10-30-17 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 13193715)
Yea, they have a rather large group, and their leader was still alive as well.

So did anyone else catch that one of the Saviors was Minkus from Boy Meets World. :lol:

That's him on the right.

He did play a character on One Tree Hill for 171 episodes as opposed to the 23 on Boy Meets World...

But yep, IMDB confirms it was him. Wow. I didn't notice it.

DthRdrX 10-30-17 10:53 AM

Gizmo, I can confirm for you that I have never, nor plan to, watch One Tree Hill. ;)

Anyway, He became famous working on BMW.

jpcamb 10-30-17 11:11 AM

The excitement over this show is really gone for me. I truly couldn't believe some of the story lines.

Spoiler:
WTF why wouldn't Jesus kill that guy after he played him and nearly killed him in the scene with Tara???

this has always been must watch tv for me and typically I would watch something else until 920 or so to try and watch it close to live but w/o commercials. I think I will be watching this sometime during the week moving forward. Its not FTWD bad (yet) but there is something missing from this season making it far less compelling. Maybe I'm still glum from the Glen/Abraham thing or the wussy Rick of last season just makes this season seem a little flatter... :( Was my favorite show for a long time, now its just a show.

dex14 10-30-17 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13193810)
The excitement over this show is really gone for me. I truly couldn't believe some of the story lines.

Spoiler:
WTF why wouldn't Jesus kill that guy after he played him and nearly killed him in the scene with Tara???

this has always been must watch tv for me and typically I would watch something else until 920 or so to try and watch it close to live but w/o commercials. I think I will be watching this sometime during the week moving forward. Its not FTWD bad (yet) but there is something missing from this season making it far less compelling. Maybe I'm still glum from the Glen/Abraham thing or the wussy Rick of last season just makes this season seem a little flatter... :( Was my favorite show for a long time, now its just a show.

No drama that ever goes on for this many seasons ever stays good.

DJariya 10-30-17 01:22 PM

Bringing back Morales from season 1 (who I don't even remember) felt so random. And now he's working for Negan?

I did enjoy Morgan having that moment after surviving getting gunned down and turning into a killing machine.

So was that baby "Gracie" that Rick found alive or dead? I'm assuming she was dead since Rick didn't take her.

Yeah Jesus and Tara arguing whether or not to kill that guy was a pretty dumb moment in this episode.

and wow, how the mighty have fallen in this forum. This show once upon a time would have almost 100+ comments by Monday, now most here don't seem to have any enthusiasm to talk about it.

DthRdrX 10-30-17 01:50 PM

The baby was alive. Rick didn't get a chance to take her because Morales came in from behind him.

raven56706 10-30-17 01:57 PM

you know this show has gone downhill when we dont have multiple pages for this episode

andicus 10-30-17 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13193998)
Bringing back Morales from season 1 (who I don't even remember) felt so random. And now he's working for Negan?

I did enjoy Morgan having that moment after surviving getting gunned down and turning into a killing machine.

So was that baby "Gracie" that Rick found alive or dead? I'm assuming she was dead since Rick didn't take her.

Yeah Jesus and Tara arguing whether or not to kill that guy was a pretty dumb moment in this episode.

and wow, how the mighty have fallen in this forum. This show once upon a time would have almost 100+ comments by Monday, now most here don't seem to have any enthusiasm to talk about it.

I figured she was alive, since she wasn't a walker baby. It didn't make sense, though, that all their fighting didn't wake her.

So once again, everyone in the show is the worst shot in the world. All that gunfire and a few nobodies are all that are hit.

I'm also disappointed that the guy that was such a dick at the 'collections' (Jared?) and took Morgan's staff wasn't killed on the spot.

DthRdrX 10-30-17 05:02 PM

Carol and Ezekiel come upon a walker that has it's skin all torn off and wonders what befell it ...

Spoiler:
is a clear shot at the Whisperers coming up

Coral 10-30-17 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13194225)
So once again, everyone in the show is the worst shot in the world. All that gunfire and a few nobodies are all that are hit.

Not entirely. Tasha, Jesus and Morgan were dishing out nice headshots. And we've often seen Rick and others with precise shots as well. That's the kind of shooting that could really come in handy when you're presented with an unarmed group of lead baddies out in the wide open. But I guess that sort of skill can be used to shoot out windows instead.

As mentioned, the Tasha/Jesus scenes were beyond stupid.

I have no idea who Morales is/was.

What's with the montage at the beginning and end with closeups of the faces? Stop trying to be artistic and deep... this show is neither.

I assumed Morgan would be dead this season just based on how useless his character is and how far back he goes.

Would someone just shoot Blackspeare? His talk is so annoying.