TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E02) -- "The Damned" -- 10/29/17

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-17, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E02) -- "The Damned" -- 10/29/17

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Carol and Ezekiel come upon a walker that has it's skin all torn off and wonders what befell it ...

Spoiler:
is a clear shot at the Whisperers coming up

I suspect so... and the mentions of the festival in the "old man Rick" parts hint at it as well.
Old 10-30-17, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The episode should have been called “The Walking Dead: The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens”. And that says a lot given the last season or two
Old 10-30-17, 08:55 PM

Wow. The show is so bad right now it's shocking.
Old 10-30-17, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by smorbie
Gimple said on TD...
Speaking of TD, folks give Chris Hardwick a bad time about being such a fawning sycophant (and rightly so), but during the most recent episode he brought up both "Why didn't they just kill Negan?" and "Sure seemed like a whole lot of Storm Troopers exchanging gunfire" moments directly to Gimple during the show, so props to him for that even though he didn't really press him much and mostly laughed it off.

FYI, Gimple didn't actually respond to the Storm Trooper comment, and gave a weak answer about trying to get people to turn on Negan rather than just kill him - ignoring the obvious fact that if he was dead it would be completely unnecessary to convince anyone of anything regarding Negan any more.
Old 10-30-17, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No idea what the faces scene at the opening/ending was other than for me to fast forward past it.

I should be excited about the battle scenes since so little happen last season. However, I am just not feeling it. The whole Jesus/Tara arguing over keeping people alive when it is obvious they need to die.

Even the first guy proved they can not be trusted yet Jesus still keeps them alive for obvious battles later I guess.

Just poor writing. I love the two man assault with Rick and Daryl then splitting them up into one man teams.

They need new writers and obviously a new show runner at this point. Something is very wrong with the show if they think they can toss so much bad at us and expect to retain ratings.
Old 10-30-17, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

This show has almost always propelled plot via character idiocy. They just don't know how to progress story without characters doing moronic shit. Pretty much everything that happens from now on is ruined because not shooting Negan from point blank range is impossible to justify. If even homer turd polisher Chris Hardwick calls you out on something that fucking obvious you know you goofed.

This wall to wall action episode should've been gripping stuff but instead it's endless exchange of gunfire with nobody but redshirts getting killed. Who fucking cares.
Old 10-30-17, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At some point in the battles I lost track on which side was which and it's just two sides shooting aimlessly at each other with a random nobody dropping every now and then. Yeah, that was a strange pointless hour of bullet wasting.
Old 10-31-17, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Not entirely. Tasha, Jesus and Morgan were dishing out nice headshots. And we've often seen Rick and others with precise shots as well. That's the kind of shooting that could really come in handy when you're presented with an unarmed group of lead baddies out in the wide open. But I guess that sort of skill can be used to shoot out windows instead.
Yeah, I meant to mention that, too. They have many convenient headshots, including some apparent sniper shots, when it's no one of particular importance. When it's the important people, it turns into The Simpsons shootout gif, which I'm too lazy to find.

Would someone just shoot Blackspeare? His talk is so annoying.
Just wait until junkyard woman comes back. She'll bring annoying talk up an order of magnitude.
Old 10-31-17, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Speaking of TD, folks give Chris Hardwick a bad time about being such a fawning sycophant (and rightly so), but during the most recent episode he brought up both "Why didn't they just kill Negan?" and "Sure seemed like a whole lot of Storm Troopers exchanging gunfire" moments directly to Gimple during the show, so props to him for that even though he didn't really press him much and mostly laughed it off.

FYI, Gimple didn't actually respond to the Storm Trooper comment, and gave a weak answer about trying to get people to turn on Negan rather than just kill him - ignoring the obvious fact that if he was dead it would be completely unnecessary to convince anyone of anything regarding Negan any more.
Yeah as much of a jerk of session TD is I still really like Chris Hardwick and he does make it an entertaining show no matter who is on the couch. So much better than any other stretch show I've seen. And he won't openly bad mouth the show but he'll still throw in some jabs now and then. Same with FWD and Madison's total incompetence. I just lol'd at Ezekiel's suggestion that Carol not waste her ammunition. Yeah they need to save it for any windows they might encounter.

I think bringing back Morales could be a very interesting turn of events as that could really open the door for following Negan's group and how if we had followed his group we would be rooting for the saviors. But they'll probably waste that potential like they did with Terminus, or the wolves, or just about any other potentially interesting subplot they bring in.

Overall I still really like TWD but I really wonder how much of a wet blanket it was killing off Glenn and Abraham. I think they lost a whole bunch of fans. Not just viewers but fans. People just don't seem that excited about it anymore. It used to be that I would have to avoid FB if I couldn't watch the episode live but now no one is talking about it.
Old 10-31-17, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Where is that sexy blonde Savior (Lindsley Register)? She hasn't been on the show since the middle of last season.
Is she the one with the neck tattoo?
Old 10-31-17, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Didn't the leader of the trash heap people shoot Rick in the Season 7 finale after zombie Sasha got out of the coffin? I don't recall any mention of it so far this season or seeing Rick recuperate from it.
Old 10-31-17, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Didn't the leader of the trash heap people shoot Rick in the Season 7 finale after zombie Sasha got out of the coffin? I don't recall any mention of it so far this season or seeing Rick recuperate from it.
yup... he was shot in the side or something in the finale. But that was last year so he recovered.
Old 10-31-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
yup... he was shot in the side or something in the finale. But that was last year so he recovered.
Michonne has been recovering from her fight in the finale ever since, but Rick bounced right back as if nothing happened! 😁
Old 10-31-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally watched this last night. Forgot it was even on this past Sunday. Spent that night watching the World Series.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one lost on who Morales is/was.
Old 10-31-17, 04:15 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle

My question is not 'Why didnt they just kill Negan' because the answer to that is obvious. My question is why would the writers put him in the situation to begin with where he could be so easily killed?
Old 10-31-17, 04:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
Before Rick & co. attacked, they showed how some time has passed between Rick getting shot & the war starting
Old 10-31-17, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Why would they? They were killed off.

Kind of hard for me to get into this season. I'm just not finding it interesting yet.
They weren't killed off. They were the first to retreat. The woman who plays Jar Jar is now a series regular, so I'm guessing we will be watching baby talk again soon.

Last edited by smorbie; 11-01-17 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-31-17, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo
I hope we get more Nikki and Paulo's on this show like in Lost! Morales was always there.
LOL! That was such an original plot device, to add people and just pretend they were always there. But, it certainly didn't garner any love for the characters.

Morales was such a nonentity they just lifted him and his family right out of the show without even giving them an ending. They weren't interesting at all.
Old 10-31-17, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Never thought much about this before, but do all the people on this show hate wearing any clothing that has much color to it? It seems all the characters only were hunter green, black, white, and gray. No blue, yellow, red, etc.

You would think clothes would get somewhat hard to find unless you raid a clothing store (which would have more colorful clothes). So one couldn.t be very choosy with the colors of what they wear. Even all the zombies that you see walking around all were the muted colors. It's like they are in a world where only 14th century colors for clothes are available. I guess they are doing it for visual effect, but it seems unrealistic even for a show with zombies.
Old 10-31-17, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Just watched the episode as it has become a DVR show when nothing else is on (waiting for the World Series). I really don’t have much to say because there isn’t much to really say anymore (I only bitch in this thread when it’s a terrible episode). The show is suffering what happens to every great tv show: repetitive storylines. Tara/Jesus is just another recycled moral conflict between the 2 characters that has been done over and over with show.
Old 10-31-17, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,280 Likes on 731 Posts

Got around to watching this last night (it's now officially a DVR show to be watched later). All the back and forth shooting is so stupid. I guess nobody thought to bring a grenade which would have been incredibly effective instead of just shooting back and forth at each other.

Another episode of really nothing happening but pretending like everything is happening.

Meanwhile Negan probably spent the day repairing his windows.
Old 10-31-17, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
My question is not 'Why didnt they just kill Negan' because the answer to that is obvious. My question is why would the writers put him in the situation to begin with where he could be so easily killed?
My solution to this writing issue would have been to have had Rick actually shoot and hit Negan, but Negan has thought ahead and wore a bulletproof vest before sauntering out.
Old 10-31-17, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
Yeah as much of a jerk of session TD is I still really like Chris Hardwick and he does make it an entertaining show no matter who is on the couch. So much better than any other stretch show I've seen. And he won't openly bad mouth the show but he'll still throw in some jabs now and then. Same with FWD and Madison's total incompetence. I just lol'd at Ezekiel's suggestion that Carol not waste her ammunition. Yeah they need to save it for any windows they might encounter.

I think bringing back Morales could be a very interesting turn of events as that could really open the door for following Negan's group and how if we had followed his group we would be rooting for the saviors. But they'll probably waste that potential like they did with Terminus, or the wolves, or just about any other potentially interesting subplot they bring in.

Overall I still really like TWD but I really wonder how much of a wet blanket it was killing off Glenn and Abraham. I think they lost a whole bunch of fans. Not just viewers but fans. People just don't seem that excited about it anymore. It used to be that I would have to avoid FB if I couldn't watch the episode live but now no one is talking about it.
Not gonna lie, a big part of my love for the show died with Glenn. I still love the show and will continue to watch it. But, a big piece of it is missing. He left a huge void, and I don't think anyone can fill it.
Old 10-31-17, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Michonne has been recovering from her fight in the finale ever since, but Rick bounced right back as if nothing happened! 😁
gunshots don't really hurt him anymore. He's grown immune to lead poisoning.
Old 10-31-17, 10:42 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Still watching. I'm gonna see this through. I've invested too much time in it. Starting to not care about the characters anymore. If Daryl dies I might be a bit miffed though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.