Reload this Page >

The Gifted (S1E04) -- "eXit strategy" -- 10/23/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-23-17, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

THE MUTANTS DEVISE A PLAN TO TAKE DOWN SENTINEL SERVICES ON AN ALL-NEW "THE GIFTED" MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, ON FOX

When the mutants devise a plan to take down Sentinel Services, Eclipse seeks out an old friend from his dark past in order to obtain some useful information. Meanwhile, Lauren and Andy attempt to combine their powers in order to help the group in the all-new "eXit strategy" episode of THE GIFTED airing Monday, Oct. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-104) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker.

Guest Cast: Elena Satine as Dreamer; Zach Roerig as Pulse; Michelle Veintimilla as Carmen; Joe Nemmers as Agent Weeks; Hayley Lovitt as Sage; Jermaine Rivers as Shatter; Tony Vo as Young Mutant; Derek James Jones as Trader; Josue Gutierrez as Francisco; Aaron Nelson as SS Winkler; Matt Doman as SS Mcauley; Tom McIlwain as SS Guard #2; Jesse O'Neill as SS Guard #3; Gino Vento as Juan; Jason Ripoll as Gangbanger; Stephen Jones as Driver
Old 10-24-17, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Re: The Gifted (S1E04) -- "eXit strategy" -- 10/23/17

Decent episode.

I've enjoyed where they've taken this show and the characters. Glad they've family reunited the Strucker family.

The plot didn't really advance that much in this episode though.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-24-17 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-25-17, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

It's probably just the X-men fan in me but I love this show.

I'm not sure how you can say the plot didn't advance, though, basically nothing that happened was a throwaway, from the flashback to Marcos's plot to the twins harnessing their power to the rescue attempt and the hound reveal (which was admittedly spoiled in the previews). Granted some of that was pretty straightforward but it did move along at a brisk pace.

I definitely thought it was a bit too much of a red herring for them to go "this guy's powers are such and such... but oh he can also do this other huge thing as well."
Old 10-25-17, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Been a Jamie Chung fan since RW San Diego, and the Blink character is interesting, but those contacts are just too distracting and take me out of her scenes.
Old 01-22-18, 09:10 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

My wife and I decided to start watching this now that the season is over and it was renewed. Pretty decent for a comic book show. We've sampled other ones but none have ever stuck with us. Came off to cheesy. Never bothered with the Netflix ones or CW ones.

Without jumping ahead and getting the season spoiled, it looks like there are a ton of X-Men connections. I wonder if they will ever introduce a "real" one or just name-dropping.