Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) -- reboot of The WB series -- premieres 1/15/19

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-19, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) -- reboot of The WB series -- premieres 1/15/19

Originally Posted by DJariya
You mean the blonde? Yeah she's not very attractive and that wart on her face stood out like a sore thumb.
Would SOMEBODY please tell these actors to get those GD things removed?!?
JC, it's painless and quick...what pussies.

Last edited by melasnus; 01-19-19 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-19-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) -- reboot of The WB series -- premieres 1/15/19

Many agents tell actresses to keep beauty marks. It distinguishes them from the 1000 other perfect faces auditioning for the role. If you haven't figured out by now in today's Hollywood, they've stopped casting the absolute best-looking women for lead television roles. Television now is mostly designed by women for female audiences.

I never liked the original Roswell much and this pilot didn't do anything for me. It appears that the CW is developing a house style outside of their DC shows for all their new programs.
Old 01-19-19, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Many agents tell actresses to keep beauty marks. It distinguishes them from the 1000 other perfect faces auditioning for the role. If you haven't figured out by now in today's Hollywood, they've stopped casting the absolute best-looking women for lead television roles.
Maybe for the big 3, but that hasn't been The CW's historical pattern. They made a mark doing exactly that, casting strikingly pretty women everywhere.
Old 01-19-19, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Many agents tell actresses to keep beauty marks.
There is such a thing as a "beauty mark" and there is such a thing as having people wonder why an actor has a horse fly attached to their face.
It's fncking ridiculous and just plain dumb.
When this blonde girl speaks on-screen I can't hear a damn thing she is saying because of the Mini Me basketball on the side of her nose...

If you haven't figured out by now in today's Hollywood, they've stopped casting the absolute best-looking women for lead television roles. Television now is mostly designed by women for female audiences.
I honestly don't watch enough network television shows to notice.

Old 01-20-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Perdita Weeks
Melissa Roxburgh
Amber Stevens West
Missy Peregrym
Melissa O'Neil
Freema Agyeman
Janet Montgomery
Leighton Meester
Christina Moses
Danielle Rose Russell
Violett Beane
Melanie Diaz
Sarah Jeffrey

You can google image search those names if you want. They are all actresses who were cast as the female leads in network TV shows that premiered fall 2018.
Old 01-20-19, 10:03 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
You mean the blonde? Yeah she's not very attractive and that wart on her face stood out like a sore thumb.
Christine Bararnski's daughter.
Old 02-01-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Anybody else still watching this?

i feel like it’s getting a bit better each week. Things aren’t quite what they seem on the surface, and I’m glad Kyle doesn’t seem to be taking things at face value with the militaryuy after getting new inf from his mom.

Pretty sire something is off with Maria. Maybe she’s not telling the truth or it’s a red herring, but she seems to be holding something back.

Seems like Isobel quickly got some much needed depth to her character. Hopefully that continues.

Also seems like the writers thought out so,e of the plot, and/or took some queues from shows to end on a bit of a cliffhanger. Will be interesting to see what’s up with Max. Likewise, hopefully he tells Isobel and Michael about Liz’s comment on Rosa.

Last edited by Superman07; 02-02-19 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-02-19, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We quit the series after the first half of this episode.
Don't care a wit about where the story goes....
Old 02-02-19, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Yeah still watching, getting better.

I did fall asleep during the premiere, so thought of forgetting about it.

Almost outright turned it off during the first scene when she got pulled over by cop not knowing who stopped her. That dialogue from here being pulled over was so cheesy crap.
Old 02-05-19, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

They did a fantastic job of casting actresses who look like sisters
Old 02-06-19, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

episode
Old 02-07-19, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They certainly aren’t going the conventional route. I’m actually kind of rooting for Kyle!

The military guy can’t leave soon enough. And so convenient Max’s cop partner has some mysterious background the military guy can leverage...
Old 02-14-19, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well this show is certainly starting to hit a stride. I do really feel like any show somebody is interested in should be given 6-12 episodes to develop.

Anyhow, they are definitely borrowing from Alias and Vampire Diaries with their plotting by keeping the ends of episodes as mini-cliffhangers. There are certainly a lot of balls in the air.

The three siblings are really on a knifes edge. Amazing how Michael and Izzy kept such a huge secret from Max, while Max and Michael kept an even bigger secret from Izzy. Will be interesting g to see how that turns out, especially with Izzy’s home life falling apart.

Meanwhile, a lot of development with Kyle and his dead dad. Apparently Rosa is his half sister?! I wonder if Liz’s dad knew, which is why her mom left them. And if that wasn’t enough, Michael’s boyfriend now has a piece of alien tech from the 70s bunker shack!

I do appreciate they aren’t throwing Max and Liz together. Would have been too soon after the Kyle situation. Plus, I’m not entirely rooting for them anyway.
Old 02-14-19, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Superman07
Well this show is certainly starting to hit a stride. I do really feel like any show somebody is interested in should be given 6-12 episodes to develop.

Anyhow, they are definitely borrowing from Alias and Vampire Diaries with their plotting by keeping the ends of episodes as mini-cliffhangers. There are certainly a lot of balls in the air.

The three siblings are really on a knifes edge. Amazing how Michael and Izzy kept such a huge secret from Max, while Max and Michael kept an even bigger secret from Izzy. Will be interesting g to see how that turns out, especially with Izzy’s home life falling apart.

Meanwhile, a lot of development with Kyle and his dead dad. Apparently Rosa is his half sister?! I wonder if Liz’s dad knew, which is why her mom left them. And if that wasn’t enough, Michael’s boyfriend now has a piece of alien tech from the 70s bunker shack!

I do appreciate they aren’t throwing Max and Liz together. Would have been too soon after the Kyle situation. Plus, I’m not entirely rooting for them anyway.
Old 02-28-19, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty big episode!

We found out how Rosa and the girls died! Probably should have titled this ‘I Know What You Did Last Summers’!! Looks like she had (has?) some sort of spilt personality disorder (after the attempted abduction and murder).

Meanwhile we found out how Michael ended up with a broken hand. As if we couldn’t dislike Baines any more?! I liked younger Michael better! Plus he gave up his future and sanity for Isobel.

Plus, Liz none too happy with Max.

I think somebody referenced a girlfriend, date, etc. of Max’s. I think they said her name was Tess. I wonder if that is a nod to original series.

I did laugh at Kyle saying “Go Wolverines!” about Michigan. I have wonder if that was an in joke to Mystic Falls!

Should be interesting to see where they go from here.

Old 02-28-19, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah very good episode, the sister is a crazy poor ROSA
Old 03-03-19, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

I really like this and the new Charmed a lot more than I was expecting. The best part is reading all the posts from the crazies complaining about the politics in the shows. I know Charmed has been given a full season order and picked up for season two but anyone hear any news about Roswell?
Old 03-03-19, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I really like this and the new Charmed a lot more than I was expecting. The best part is reading all the posts from the crazies complaining about the politics in the shows. I know Charmed has been given a full season order and picked up for season two but anyone hear any news about Roswell?
Haven’t heard anything. Ratings looked good until the last episode (for CW standards). They took a break for a week or two, but no idea why.

Interestingly Wiki only lists 9 episodes for the season. I guess it’s a super short season? Also, Paul Wesley is directing the next episode, and Shiri Appleby is directing #9.
Old 03-03-19, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I really like this and the new Charmed a lot more than I was expecting.
Yeah funny that I fell asleep during both premieres, but good thing CW rerun-ed both them multiple times during the first 2 weeks... so I watched them and stuck with them.
Old 03-21-19, 08:43 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I don't watch the show, but I saw that Shiri Appleby directed this week's episode. That is pretty cool.
Old 03-21-19, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

4th Alien!
Michael & Maria
Isobel's husband gonna be pissed
Old 03-22-19, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
4th Alien!
Michael & Maria
Isobel's husband gonna be pissed
I guess a 4th was inevitable?

Given how quickly people are finding out about the secret, there’s no way the entries town hasn’t already known for 50 years! You’re telling me Mains and Vellenti Sr were working this for decades, and nobody knew about it?! Now somebody brings up the smallest thing you could brush off and, “Whelp! Gosh darn it, I guess we have to tell you now...” not working too well for Julie Plec when you don’t have vampire mind control to fall back on as a plot device!

A lot really did happen here. I think the biggest is Isobel’s husband finding her and leaving it at that. I was assuming she’d end up in the back seat “stolen”.

The Max/Liz Things was very anticlimactic. He has so much more chemistry with this partner.
Old 03-30-19, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Each episode is picking up the pace big time. Amazing so many people are in the know, and suddenly showing secrets left and right.

I have no clue who the 4th is; I’m not even sure it’s somebody we’ve met. Based on Isobel’s new memories it seems like it’s a male.
Old 03-31-19, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

Still hoping for a season two announcement.
Old 04-16-19, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just finished last episode. Total game changer! Will be curious to see how this affects the group.

Spoiler:
Not only has Noah been out and about for years using his powers, but he at least appears to have all the collective abilities of Max, Michael and Isobel! Plus, who knows if he has more!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.