Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) -- reboot of The WB series -- premieres 1/15/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) -- reboot of The WB series -- premieres 1/15/19

Renewed for a 2nd season: https://deadline.com/2019/04/all-ame...cw-1202601250/

I'm waiting for it to hit Netflix next week. I got through maybe 4-5 episodes and liked it, but it was getting hard trying to keep up with it every week.
Old 04-24-19, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) -- reboot of The WB series -- premieres 1/15/19

Great Season finale! ROSA!! MAX!!!

Sweet is was renewed!!!!
Old 04-26-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Last two episodes definitely upped the stakes and generated a lot more mythology.

Im not keen on the plot twist at the end. I feel like there are way too many literary undertones.
Spoiler:
She was dead long enough to go through the autopsy and be buried. Sicko probably dug her up and her her in his (janky!) pod. Who knows what it did to her. I’m totally envisioning a lot of Frankenstein’s monster storylines next year. Plus how do you explain it to everybody in town!? Plus, does this mean Max will act as a Jesus figure? I mean he’s literally in a cave....”

Regardless, I was very surprised how this show shifted and got running in a short season. I hope next season is somewhere in the 13-18 range so they can keep the stories tight.

Also, props on the final song of the season.

Last edited by Superman07; 04-26-19 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-19-19, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 279 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Renewed for a 2nd season: https://deadline.com/2019/04/all-ame...cw-1202601250/

I'm waiting for it to hit Netflix next week. I got through maybe 4-5 episodes and liked it, but it was getting hard trying to keep up with it every week.
That is exactly how I ended up catching up as I started on episode 3 and am now up to episode 12. Glad I decided to catch up as it became a fun show to watch with some nice twists and turns.
Old 03-16-20, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

This starts back up tonight for those interested.
Old 03-16-20, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excited to have this back!

Also, it was already renewed for a 3rd season. I think they were worried about a writers strike, but perhaps more fortuitous with the current pandemic...
Old 03-18-20, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty solid opener. It jumped around in the second half to service plot though. I wish they’d taken some more time to focus on how everybody was dealing with the situation.

Big developments for Rosa and Isobel though!
Old 04-05-20, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode this week. A lot of plot advancements across the board, and good character interactions. Was good seeing some old faces again. However, I particularly enjoyed the 47 flashbacks.

I wonder what the backstory with Deluca’s mother is. Maybe it’s possible there are hybrids in the population that have half powers?

I thought I read Jason Behr is supposed to guest star. Would be amazing if he’s a parallel earth Max Evans from the original series. The old WB show had an episode where future Max traveled back in time. Why not parallel earth’s?!
Old 04-26-20, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anybody watch the last episode Sex and Candy?

I know the end of the last episode had a 3 week time jump, but between that and this episode plots were all over the place. It’s like they didn’t know what to do with Max. Likewise, in the span of an episode they resolved everything between him and Liz? I get not sitting on a storyline, but that plot probably would have been a good half to whole season on other shows.

Also, this ep had one of the weirdest things I’ve seen on a show perhaps ever too. And I certainly don’t mean that in a good way.

Spoiler:
After some super weird encounter at a trailer park boot maker, Marie, Michael and the other guy have a threesome?! The writers literally had the weird guy earlier in the episode say, “I hate love triangles.” Then somebody in the writers room figured - hey, lets take that a step further. That whole scene was awkward AF.

Random interesting tidbit - this episode featured Eagle Eye Cherry, which was also used in the pilot for the original show!
Old 04-26-20, 11:15 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If I never saw the first (original) series would I be lost watching this reboot from the beginning or does it stand alone?
Old 04-26-20, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by rduncan
If I never saw the first (original) series would I be lost watching this reboot from the beginning or does it stand alone?
This is a reboot so it isn't really connected with the previous series, at least not that I know of. Maybe some easter eggs at most.
Old 04-26-20, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rduncan
It has absolutely nothing to do with the original. You can start watching the 1st season (on Netflix) without feeling lost.
Old 04-26-20, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Superman07
Also, this ep had one of the weirdest things I’ve seen on a show perhaps ever too. And I certainly don’t mean that in a good way.

Spoiler:
After some super weird encounter at a trailer park boot maker, Marie, Michael and the other guy have a threesome?! The writers literally had the weird guy earlier in the episode say, “I hate love triangles.” Then somebody in the writers room figured - hey, lets take that a step further. That whole scene was awkward AF.

I'm still watching and just like every other show, I forget to post.

Yes that was awkward scene... also I was like "where is Rosa!?" in this episode
Old 10-03-21, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I actually stopped watching this after the Sex and Candy episode. The ending was just too weird and made no sense after a terrible episode. It really turned me off.

However, this kept popping up in my Netflix feed and I figured I’d see how the season ended. Interestingly pretty well, although with a lot of plot developments. One of the highlights for me were the flashbacks to the 40s. I wish we could have seen more of that. I didn’t much care for the big reveal at the end, but we’ll see where it goes I suppose.

Season 3 is currently on 5 episode rotation on CW app so I’ll have to wait to watch any more. I think it will come to Netflix, but their shows are spilt on agreement as that partnership is phasing out.
Old 10-04-21, 09:41 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
So I actually stopped watching this after the Sex and Candy episode. The ending was just too weird and made no sense after a terrible episode. It really turned me off.

However, this kept popping up in my Netflix feed and I figured I’d see how the season ended. Interestingly pretty well, although with a lot of plot developments. One of the highlights for me were the flashbacks to the 40s. I wish we could have seen more of that. I didn’t much care for the big reveal at the end, but we’ll see where it goes I suppose.

Season 3 is currently on 5 episode rotation on CW app so I’ll have to wait to watch any more. I think it will come to Netflix, but their shows are spilt on agreement as that partnership is phasing out.
This show will always be available on Netflix 8 days after the finale. Everything pre-2019 Fall Season on CW has this Netflix deal. I believe BatWomen, Katy Keene, Nancy Drew first seasons were there first shows to not be a part of this deal (hence being on HBO Max and I think Paramount Plus?)
Old 10-04-21, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gizmo
This show will always be available on Netflix 8 days after the finale. Everything pre-2019 Fall Season on CW has this Netflix deal. I believe BatWomen, Katy Keene, Nancy Drew first seasons were there first shows to not be a part of this deal (hence being on HBO Max and I think Paramount Plus?)
Thanks! If that’s the case it should be available in a few weeks as wiki says finale is next Monday.
Old 10-04-21, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...tv-1235023608/

To answer Superman's question. Roswell's most recent season is coming out October 26th on Netflix.

Right now this leftover deal with Netflix is very inconsistent. Legends of Tomorrow's 6th season ended last month and is still not on Netflix. Also, Legacies 3rd season ended in June and is also not on Netflix.

Any new shows that came out after 2019 are now all headed to HBO Max. Nancy Drew was suppose to get to Paramount + initially, but it changed.
Old 10-04-21, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...tv-1235023608/

To answer Superman's question. Roswell's most recent season is coming out October 26th on Netflix.

Right now this leftover deal with Netflix is very inconsistent. Legends of Tomorrow's 6th season ended last month and is still not on Netflix. Also, Legacies 3rd season ended in June and is also not on Netflix.
I read somewhere that LoT will hit Netflix on 2021/10/13, and Legacies 2021/10/14.
Old 10-05-21, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have all seasons of this show but never watched a single episode...is it any good?
Old 12-17-21, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I completed season 3 via Netflix. I think on the whole it was better than season 2. I believe the original show runner left, so there was some
new creative forces. Of course they had to deal with the S2 cliffhanger so they largely dictated the course of the season.

I definitely felt like there was a more cohesive narrative to the season and each of the characters had their own arcs. They were also able to build out the mythology, which I expect to continue into season 4 give the closing scene of the last episode.

Spoiler:
I didn’t care much for the whole Max / Jones component. The actor who plays Max isn’t bad, but the evil counterpart came off flat for me. Almost hammy instead of menacing.

There are a few new characters introduced as well, which I think help add some fresh energy and narrative options in the future.

Originally Posted by hdtv00
I have all seasons of this show but never watched a single episode...is it any good?
It’s enjoyable. I don’t think it breaks any new ground, but I like the “they’re adults” angle and it deals with some hot topics in today’s world which is key for sci-fi.
Old 07-28-22, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure if anybody is still watching this. The 4th season started earlier in the summer. I’ve been enjoying the story so far as it seems a lot more focused than previous seasons. They (seem) to have gotten rid of some characters while introducing new ones that help the story.

If you didn’t hear though this was cancelled (or not renewed) as part of the huge CW change. I haven’t seen any interviews, but I hope they’re able to finish their story. There wasn’t any news at the time, but after Legacies finished I saw Julie Plec say they had a sense and wrapped that up as best they could. I hope the same is true here.
The following users liked this post:
gerrythedon (07-28-22)
Old 08-03-22, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

another good/great episode. 2 episodes in a row with Rosa (Amber Midthunder)
Old 08-11-22, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Liz!
Old 09-13-22, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

THE END
Old 09-14-22, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 279 Likes on 233 Posts

I still need to watch the back half of the season, but can you tell me one little spoiler, Liz's fate is not an unhappy one, correct? At least I hope so.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.