Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars (MTV) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-17, 04:02 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars (MTV) -- Series Thread

The tradition of Challenge players facing off against competitors from outside the long-running series will continue.

The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars will feature fan favorites from the MTV program duking it out against a diverse line-up of stars (athletes, musicians and folks from other shows on this network!). Real World and Challenge great Mike "The Miz" Mizanin will host the special eight-week event, which premieres on Tuesday, November 21. If there are puzzles, the Battle of the Seasons winner can surely offer some advice...

Like Champs vs. Pros -- which featured Cara Maria and Darrell emerging as the top finishers against a tough and talented roster -- the cast will be playing to take home winnings for the charity of their choice. The game rules are also similar: The winning team from each challenge will nominate their most valuable player (MVP) who will receive money for their charity, be safe from elimination, and choose their team’s least valuable player (LVP) to go into elimination. The losing team will nominate their own LVP to go into elimination, and the two will compete to keep their spot in the game and ultimately, their share of $150,000 to donate to their beloved charities. The final male and female competitors of the season will endure the ultimate test and the chance to emerge from the pack with all of the glory.

Be sure to stay with MTV News for more Champs vs. Stars updates and don't miss the premiere on November 21! And without further ado, here is the Stars roster.

Ariane Andrew

Charity: Black Girls Rock

Josh Murray

Charity: Extra Special People

Justina Valentine

Charity: Young Women’s Leadership Network

Kim Glass

Charity: Covenant House

Matt Rife

Charity: World Wildlife Foundation

Michelle Waterson

Charity: MVP Vets and Players

Riff Raff

Charity: Nevada SPCA

Romeo Miller

Charityr: Team Hope NOLA

Shawn Johnson

Charity: Hope Sports

Terrell Owens

Charity: Ky Cares Foundation
http://www.mtv.com/news/3040101/chal...-vs-stars/amp/

Last edited by dex14; 10-11-17 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-11-17, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
re: The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars (MTV) -- Series Thread

So there's basically no break between Challenge seasons now? As much as I like the show and it's the only thing on MTV worth watching, overkill is overkill.

And Riff Raff? LOL.
Old 10-11-17, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

Glad to see Emily back even for a short season. She's a beast! My all time dream elimination would be to watch Emily and Laurel go head to head. I could go without seeing Aneesa ever again. I hope she's eliminated quickly.
Old 10-11-17, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

TO and Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson are the only "stars" I recognize. Even after looking up the others I still had no idea who they were. Frankly I'd consider most of the MTV challenge players much more worthy of the "star" moniker. But at least they stayed away from bringing in a bunch of Stoner Olympics athletes this time.
Old 10-11-17, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

So... they are actually going to end the current season. Good to know.

I think I recognize four of the 'stars.' Shawn Johnson, TO, Romeo Miller and if I'm not mistaken, Josh Murray. Wasn't Josh on Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise? Not a favorite of mine.

Last edited by leeta; 10-11-17 at 09:35 PM. Reason: addition to post
Old 10-11-17, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
So... they are actually going to end the current season. Good to know.
Nah, it's probably a split season. This is what they'll run in the mid-season hiatus.
Old 10-11-17, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by leeta
Wasn't Josh on Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise? Not a favorite of mine.
He was. He doesn't seem like a good guy at all.
Old 11-21-17, 08:49 PM

This premieres tonight after the Dirty XXX finale.
Old 11-28-17, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally got around to watching the premiere last night. Wow. Camilia looked like she was so drunk that she was completely out of her mind... She was just there at the pool twerking for no one. At least we don't have to worry about ever seeing her again now....
Old 11-28-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Finally got around to watching the premiere last night. Wow. Camilia looked like she was so drunk that she was completely out of her mind... She was just there at the pool twerking for no one. At least we don't have to worry about ever seeing her again now....
I know. I was laughing so hard at that. She destroyed a golf cart?
Sooo pretty. But soooo damn crazy.
Old 11-28-17, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The TO/CT confrontation looks interesting in the little clip MTV released today.
Old 11-30-17, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
The TO/CT confrontation looks interesting in the little clip MTV released today.
dont care how big CT is, TO would murder him.
Old 11-30-17, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Possibly but I have seen nothing from TO's history that indicates he is much of a fighter. Getting into a locker room fight with another dude where not one punch was landed by either guy is not much of a indicator of toughness. Neither is then yelling to take on any body else when you are already being held back and know no one will be able to respond. I have heard zero stories of TO ever fighting in his youth or at any point in his life other than shouting/pushing matches with no actual damage. Edited to add that I just read he had a fight as a kid with another football player but it doesn't sound like any damage was done to either party.

TO certainly has size and an athletic advantage over CT especially with CT not being in the best shape, however CT comes from a really violent upbringing and I would bet that CT has been in WAY more physical fights than TO has dreamed of being in. That is why all the vets were amused at TO stepping up because they know that CT (off camera and with his crew in the old days) fought a lot and with dudes as big as TO before. There is a reason most of the vets are terrified of CT and it isn't only because of the stuff he has done on camera.

Now having said all that I still think TO would have the advantage just based on genetics but that is never an indicator of fighting ability. Most of the football players I have seen who try to fight suck at it.

Besides his gym muscles and running and catching ability what gives you the indication that TO has any sort of fighting ability?

Last edited by Unclejosh; 11-30-17 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-02-17, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just watched the episode today. Sucks that Jenna is out, but we knew she was hurt at the reunion. They are probably going to have to not cast Smashley any more. She just can't stay for a full season. She always has to leave. BTW Emily is a beast! She's fairly easy on the eyes too. I wish she would do more Challenges, but she has a thriving fitness business. I would love to see Emily and Laurel go head to head. I think Emily would crush her.
Old 12-02-17, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not so sure on Emily and Laurel. Very similar body types and competitive drives, Emily may be a bit more fit but Laurel has the weight edge. They're both similarly hot too.

Love how CT will not back down to anyone. Pure alpha. TO is more a talker than fighter. Wouldn't be surprised if CT could hold his own or even take TO. TO is such a friggin attention whore drama queen.
Old 12-02-17, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

CT is looking good in the promos he's been doing for MTV's other shows (like Floribama Shores, etc.). He looks like he's quite a bit thinner and says he is now living in Florida. Hopefully, this means he's getting back in fighting shape. Maybe coming in third has spurred him to make some changes, especially with prize money going up so much in the regular Challenge.
Old 12-07-17, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man there are a lot of people leaving the game without being eliminated Jenna, TO, Smashley, and Camilia..... I'm not really enjoying this mini-season. I don't really care for The Miz hosting and I don't really like the editing and graphics they are using. The only thing I'm really enjoying is seeing Emily and Zach go into beast mode. I bet Zach fails in the final or an elimination challenge. He always does....
Old 12-14-17, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This week's episode was entertaining in how The Champs are completely dominating The Stars in challenges and eliminations. They were down a player in the Giant Soccer ball challenge and still dominated due to Wes's strategy and Zach being a physical freak.
Old 12-14-17, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't really care for The Miz hosting and I don't really like the editing and graphics they are using.
Yeah, I have trouble getting into these episodes. Editing pace just doesn't feel right on these celebrity seasons and, agreed, Miz is just painfully bad although not Victor Cruz bad (that had to be absolute rock bottom).

If I'm not mistaken Zach was a tight end in college. Don't think it was division one but still. Zach/CT/Bananas/Wes .. that is pretty stacked. Once TO left it was a pretty much a wrap, it's not fun watching these blowouts also the challenges themselves aren't as good as regular season comps.
Old 12-14-17, 09:09 PM

Tori is seriously my most favorite contestant in a long time.
Old 01-07-18, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got caught up on the latest episode and Zach had a meltdown in the final challenge before the Final. I'm interested to see who Bananas and Emily pick to run the final with them. Bananas wants CT and Emily wants Zach. They should pick CT since he is good at puzzles and has a lot of heart. Zach will probably come close to dying like he did in his last Final appearance.
Old 01-13-18, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I made be the only one still watching, but I finished the season today. I enjoyed seeing The Dream Team of Emily, Bananas, and CT running a final as a team, but I thought that the final was a bit lame. It was mostly Survivor/Redneck Island style challenges. Nothing was The Challenge Finals worthy... I actually thought that the final in Champs vs Pros was better. I hope they can get Emily back for another short season or a full season. She's one of my favorites.
Old 01-14-18, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I made be the only one still watching, but I finished the season today. I enjoyed seeing The Dream Team of Emily, Bananas, and CT running a final as a team, but I thought that the final was a bit lame. It was mostly Survivor/Redneck Island style challenges. Nothing was The Challenge Finals worthy... I actually thought that the final in Champs vs Pros was better. I hope they can get Emily back for another short season or a full season. She's one of my favorites.
Props for the Redneck Island reference. I miss that show.
Old 01-14-18, 07:05 AM

The final was lame because this was just fluff.
Old 03-30-18, 09:29 AM

Re: The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars (MTV) -- Series Thread

I guess we don't really need another thread.

Champs vs. Stars 2 premieres April 17th.

Legendary Challenge competitors have faced off against both pros and stars -- with the champs owning a 2-0 record (Cara Maria and Darrell as well as Johnny Bananas, CT and Emily took the gold medals, respectively). But when The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars returns on April 17 with host (and new dad!) Mike "The Miz" Mizanin, the opposing sides will need to work together in order to secure a W.

For the first time ever, teams will be mixed with both celebrities and MTV players. Weekly eliminations will take place until one team will prove they are the ultimate “Challenge MVP,” but as the first look below shows, the gang is kinda (un)happy together. You know, Vendettas finalist Tony angrily declaring, "Losing sucks!" as well as Hennessy screaming, "Don't f**king get crazy with me" at Devin (with a cutaway to Brooke Hogan's mouth wide open).

The game format: Each week, the two teams will compete in a challenge that will test their physical and mental strength. The winning team from each challenge will nominate their most valuable player (MVP), who will receive money for their charity, be safe from elimination and choose their team’s least valuable player (LVP) to go into elimination. The losing team will also nominate their own LVP to go into elimination, and the two LVPs will compete to keep their spot in the MTV clash. What's at stake? A share of the $150,000 cash prize to donate to their beloved charities.

Stay with MTV News for more updates on The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars, then do not miss the premiere on Tuesday, April 17 at 10/9c!

THE STARS

Drake Bell
Lil Mama
Casper Smart
Brooke Hogan
Hennessy Carolina
Daniel Gibson
Selita Ebanks
Arian Foster
Louise Hazel
Jozea Flores

THE CHAMPS

Wes Bergmann
Kailah Casillas
Tori Deal
Aneesa Ferreira
Shane Landrum
Ashley Mitchell
Tony Raines
Chris “C.T.” Tamburello
Devin Walker
Kam Williams
The trailer is here: http://www.mtv.com/news/3071390/chal...appy-together/

I didn't embed because it autoplays.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.