Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen: All-Stars (FOX) -- Season 17 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-17, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Hell's Kitchen: All-Stars (FOX) -- Season 17 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

PREVIOUS CONTESTANTS GET THEIR CHANCE AT REDEMPTION ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE OF "HELL'S KITCHEN" FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, ON FOX

First-Ever All-Star Edition!

It's an all-new season and for the first time ever in HELL'S KITCHEN history, Chef Ramsay invites 16 All-Stars back to the kitchen for a second chance to prove they have what it takes. Old rivalries are renewed and new alliances are formed, but in the end, only one of these all-stars will claim the grand prize - a head chef position at the brand-new Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen Restaurant at Caesars Palace Las Vegas and $250,000. During the premiere episode, Chef Ramsay surprises the 16 former Black Jacket chefs with a twist on the infamous Signature Dish Challenge. The winning team will enjoy the ride of their lives at Skyslide in downtown Los Angeles, followed by a dinner with Chef Ramsay and special guest Wolfgang Puck at his restaurant, WP24. Meanwhile, the losing team will stay behind to clean up and prep both kitchens for the upcoming dinner service. The next day, Ramsay gathers the chefs in the newly redesigned dining room for a huge announcement that will leave them stunned. Find out which all-star makes the biggest first impression in the all-new "All-Stars Arrive" Season 17 premiere episode of HELL'S KITCHEN airing Friday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HK-1701) (TV-14 L)

Cast: Chef Gordon Ramsay

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wj04fJmqkvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VH_exlB6u4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hell's Kitchen used to be a fun guilty pleasure for me. But, I lost interest several seasons ago when the concept got super stale and redundant.

Not really sure if anyone has time to check this out, but I figured I would post this just in case. It is an all-star edition. I may check it out again time permitting, but there is a lot of shows on Friday now.
Old 09-29-17, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Re: Hell's Kitchen: All-Stars (FOX) -- Season 17 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

Local chef was on the local Fox station this morning. He was on S5 and got a call for this all-star season. Only thing he mentioned was he tried to be more level-headed than his younger self was.
Old 09-29-17, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

It'll be interesting to see if they do anything different this season. I'd love to see them play it somewhat straight, but I assume production sabotages them a good bit of the time.
Old 09-29-17, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can. Not. Wait.
Old 09-29-17, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm excited for this. Some people I remember, some I don't. Some people I remember hating, some I remember thinking they should win.

May be just what the show needs after the last few seasons. I'm in.
Old 01-07-18, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Hell's Kitchen" Seasons 4-6 are now on Amazon Prime. The credits are in French, but the episodes are uncensored. How different the show was back then... ok, it was exactly the same, but...
Old 01-27-18, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michelle,

Just lower your voice a few notes when you speak to your staff. Young girls and a lot of women speak in notes that are too high. You don’t have to be a baritone, just not high. If your voice climbs, take a slow deep breath and then speak. (Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth; try counts of six or even eight to create calm.)

Don’t repeat yourself in the kitchen. Confident people say it once—while they’re looking at who they’re speaking to, preferably in the eyes. And it shows confidence in others.

You deserve to win. I hope someone in your camp sees this and tells you.
Kacie

Last edited by Kacie; 01-27-18 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-28-18, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Not a lot of discussion about this season (obviously). Though it fits comfortably within the repetitive mold the show has crafted for itself over the years it has actually been a fairly entertaining season. Probably has something to do with the cast not being complete charicatures since they are all returnees.
Old 01-28-18, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I kind of wonder how "the prize" will play out, since almost no one ever gets the prize/position they offer. I also wonder if a "Hell's Kitchen" branded restaurant will be something of a "Theme" restaurant, where there'll have to be shows of hostility in the kitchen and all that. They've made a point in recent seasons of showing the diners actually listening to and being entertained by the tumult going on.
Old 01-29-18, 06:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This may have been explained at some point but is the Restaurant something set up only for the show and are the Diners invited somehow or can local folks actually make reservations??
Old 01-29-18, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by rduncan
This may have been explained at some point but is the Restaurant something set up only for the show and are the Diners invited somehow or can local folks actually make reservations??
The restaurant is simulated on a sound stage. Most of the diners are invited, though I believe it used to (and may still) be possible to get in on a limited number of tickets available to the public in a similar manner to how productions select an audience for a typical studio show - by applying through a website or emailing requests to production.