Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 8 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-17, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 8 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

MCGARRETT AND DANNY RECRUIT TANI REY TO JOIN THE TASK FORCE WHEN A DIABOLICAL HACKER RELEASES A DANGEROUS ARSONIST FROM PRISON, ON THE EIGHTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "HAWAII FIVE-0," FRIDAY, SEPT. 29

Meaghan Rath Joins the Cast as Tani Rey, the Newest Member of Five-0

Season Premiere Includes Animation of a McGarrett and Danno "Car-guement"

Randy Couture Returns

Joey Lawrence Joins His Brother, Andrew, When He Guest Stars as a Diabolical Hacker

"'A'ole e 'olelo mai ana ke ahi ua ana ia" - McGarrett and Danny recruit Tani Rey (Meaghan Rath)
to join the task force when diabolical hacker Aaron Wright (Joey Lawrence)
releases a dangerous arsonist from prison, on the eighth season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Sept. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The season premiere includes animation of one of McGarrett and Danny's infamous "car-guements." Also, Randy Couture returns, and Joey Lawrence joins his brother, Andrew, when he guest stars as Aaron Wright, a hacker.

("'A'ole e 'olelo mai ana ke ahi ua ana ia" is Hawaiian for "Fire Will Never Say that It Has Had Enough")
REGULAR CAST:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
RECURRING CAST:

Andrew Lawrence (Eric Russo)
Randy Couture (Jason Duclair)
GUEST CAST:

Kunal Sharma (Koa Rey)
Paige Hurd (Samantha Grover)
Joey Lawrence (Aaron Wright)
Kekoa Kekumano (Nahele Huikala)
Mike Buck (Fire Captain)
Donta Tanner (Guard #1)
Jake Feagai (Guard #2)
Earnest F. Kong (Randy Tao)
Lawrence Guillermo (Co-Pilot)

WRITTEN BY: Peter M. Lenkov & Eric Guggenheim & Rob Hanning

DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

23 episode 8th season

As most of you know, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park left the show this past summer due to a salary dispute.

They will be replaced by Meagan Rath (from Being Human), Ian Anthony Dale (who played Kono's husband Adam) and Beulah Koale, who is a new actor.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-21-18 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-29-17, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 8 Thread -- Premieres 9/29/17

This season is getting 60 minutes to impress me. If I hate this premiere, I’m dropping the show for good.
Old 09-29-17, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm in. Mindless fun on a Friday night.
Old 09-30-17, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mindless is ok...but this episode sure ripped off Pixar's UP.
Old 09-30-17, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Well at least Kono and Chin aren’t dead. So they both could feasibly return for the series finale whenever that is. Sucks that they both only got passing mentions.

I liked it. Randy Couture was a fun villain. Some of the hand to hand combat scenes were well directed.

I like Tani. She has potential. Her fight with Couture was pretty awesome. But being familiar with Meagan Rath already made that easy. She does have the looks of an Islander.

I did when Steve carried that whole log cabin with that chopper. Lots of CGI with that sequence.

With Kono on the mainland being part of some sex trafficking task force, I wonder how they explain her relationship with Adam and why the hell he would join Five-O.
Old 09-30-17, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 165 Posts

Didn't O'Loughlin say that he's quitting after this season? Are they really gonna keep going after that?
Old 09-30-17, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Didn't O'Loughlin say that he's quitting after this season? Are they really gonna keep going after that?
This is what he said last November:

Seven seasons into this show, you’re closer to the end than you are to the beginning, at this point. Have you made a definite decision that eight seasons is it for you?

O’LOUGHLIN: I’ve decided. Beyond anything else, I don’t want to do any more because I don’t want to kill it. It’s still got some magic left in it. It’s hard to keep it alive and fresh. It’s hard to keep it fun and new, each day. I’m worried that I won’t even be able to do that until the end of Season 8, but I’m going to keep swinging until I’m in the box. The other thing is that physically, I’ve had a lot of injuries. I’ve been hurt really badly on this show. I’ve now got some serious back issues, which I’m going back and forth to California to deal with. I don’t want to fuck my body up anymore. I’m getting stem cell treatments in my spine, so that I can pick my kids up. At a certain point, it’s television. Film and TV is not as important as my life. I don’t think I can physically do any more than eight years. We might not even do an eighth year. That’s a little presumptuous of us to even be speaking like this. But, if they want us to do an eighth year, that will be it for me.
Old 09-30-17, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardiac161
Mindless is ok...but this episode sure ripped off Pixar's UP.
It actually reminded me more of the recent Unibomber mini-series. They did the same thing. BUT that ranks up there as one the dumbest shit I ever seen them do on this show. Why didn't they just hold on to the ropes and have Steve lift them away. So, fuckin' stupid.
Old 09-30-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Was air lifting the house their jump-the-shark moment? Just when I thought I'd seen it all on this show. Good lord!
Old 10-01-17, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

We're in. Meagan Rath is a great addition to the cast.. we were laughing at the flying cabin scene...
Old 10-01-17, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, I actually like the new girl haha.

To be honest, I never really liked Kono. But I’m a big fan of Daniel Dae Kim (Chin), so that still bothers me that he’s not on the show anymore.

Typical 5-0 ridiculousness, but I shouldn’t expect anything less.

I’ll watch episode 2...
Old 10-02-17, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In fairness, the new girl's physique makes it more realistic for her character to tackle fights, unlike Grace Park's who is very skinny. I can't even imagine her being an ex pro-surfer. At least Kono is a skilled sniper...
Old 10-04-17, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Finally got a chance to watch this last night. I liked the new girl. She was the only good thing about that terrible Cooper Barrett show last season. Anyone else catch that they used the name Mick St. John in this episode? That was Alex O'Loughlins name on Moonlight several years back. Got a chuckle out of me. The house lift was ridiculous.
Old 10-09-17, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Laughed when the cop told Steve the service dog was missing despite the fact the area was crawling with cops and agents, and then 10 seconds later Steve finds the dog by FOLLOWING A TRAIL OF BLOOD. Good thing Five-O was on the job or poor Fido would have bled out!
Old 10-09-17, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Or the fact that McGarret was adamant that the new Seal guy go through the Police Academy. But let’s not forget he didn’t care that the new girl flunked out of the Academy
Old 10-10-17, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Or the fact that McGarret was adamant that the new Seal guy go through the Police Academy. But let’s not forget he didn’t care that the new girl flunked out of the Academy
Nor did he let the fact that Jerry was never a cop stop him from adding him to the the team.
Old 10-10-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Nor did he let the fact that Jerry was never a cop stop him from adding him to the the team.
Out of all the characters, Jerry was the one that I really hoped to be taken off the show, whether he be shot, kidnapped, re-assigned, whatever. Found his character annoying and useless. Anyone can work on that giant Windows tablet.
Old 10-21-17, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk God

McDanno’s

And you can actually buy this shirt for $25
Old 10-22-17, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Scott Caan doesn’t appear in the Oct 20th episode, which has been a consistent issue the past three seasons (missing from a few episodes per season, assuming built into his contract?)

But somehow he still got paid more than Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park during these last few seasons (when all four characters were pretty much equal as the series went on)
Old 03-22-18, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2018/03/22/hawaii-...ntract-status/

Alex O’Loughlin has apparently changed his mind and will consider returning for season 9.

There were reports that he was bailing after his contract expires after season 8.

He would be a fool to leave. He has the best job on scripted TV. Working on a silly action show 6-7 months per year in Honolulu.
Old 03-23-18, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

How's that going to work out for Magnum if that actually goes into production. They all use the same locations and sets. The current 5-0 uses the same old Lost, Magnum and original 5-0 locations. There's only room for one series at a time.
Old 04-13-18, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk God

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/19/hawaii-f...ichelle-borth/

Michelle Borth (Catherine) guest stars on H50 tonight.

Lt. Catherine Rollins (Borth) recruits McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin) and Jerry (Jorge Garcia) — doing his best Indiana Jones — to help her track down a uranium deposit thought to be hidden on an abandoned Hawaiian island, leading them to a suspected terrorist who is plotting to make dirty bombs with it.

Borth last appeared on Hawaii Five-0 in season 7, when Catherine paid McGarrett a surprise visit to help him free his mother, Doris (Christine Lahti), from CIA custody. During her prior final season 6 appearance, Steve and Catherine had ended on amicable terms, with the former saying he could no longer wait for her. But could Catherine’s return mark a romantic reunion?

I knew they would eventually bring her back in some form.
Old 04-30-18, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with H50 over the last few days. I was behind about 8-9 weeks before I powered through all the episodes.

Honestly, there have been some really dumb episodes. The stuff with Steve and Danny struggling with their restaurant has been almost idiotic. Their back and forth arguments is getting really annoying. It's getting really forced now with this silly banter.

But, I noticed the last several weeks have been really serialized with this Adam Noshimuri arc and his evil half sister. I've found this arc at least decent over the Steve and Danny nonsense. Too bad they killed off Jessie, who was helping Adam. She's pretty hot.

Catherine coming back was almost pointless. Kind of a dumb treasure hunting episode and her relationship with Steve is still really unresolved.

The episode that I thought was one of the strongest was Lou helping that guy (Devon Sawa) who was framed for killing his wife and they went a little into Lou's backstory about his bout with depression and almost committing suicide.

I liked Friday's episode about Duke's granddaughter getting kidnapped.
Old 04-30-18, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

I agree.

At this point, H50 isn't much more than a popcorn action show at the end of the week for me. (Same thing with MacGyver).

Most of these new first-run episodes I only end up watching once or twice, typically live or semi-live.
Old 04-30-18, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still watch, but understand it’s a light-hearted drama and not to be taken seriously at all. In fact, I’ll only watch it on Saturday or Sunday morning, since it’s not a stressful show.

My favorite dumb thing from this season was McGarrett and Catherine talking about the missing uranium and its possible ties to a terrorist attack - at a picnic table near the shrimp truck! Let’s just talk about that freely in public and hope nobody overhears us and causes a public panic....

I’m sure they’ve talked about cases before at the picnic table, but I don’t recall anything that serious (missing uranium)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.