Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Mouth (Netflix) V: Kroll, Mulaney, Mantzoukas, Klein, Slate -- animated series

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Mouth (Netflix) V: Kroll, Mulaney, Mantzoukas, Klein, Slate -- animated series

Old 02-09-19, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Re: Big Mouth (Netflix) V: Kroll, Mulaney, Mantzoukas, Klein, Slate -- animated series

I think I've tired of this premise. In the middle of the first musical number I was officially done with it.
Old 02-10-19, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Big Mouth (Netflix) V: Kroll, Mulaney, Mantzoukas, Klein, Slate -- animated series

Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
I think I've tired of this premise. In the middle of the first musical number I was officially done with it.
Yeah, there's just so far they can dial up the stupidness before it just becomes ... stupid.
Old 05-02-19, 08:05 AM

Thandie Newton, Ali Wong and Martin Short are a few of the actors who have shared their voices with Big Mouth for the upcoming season three of Netflix’s raunchy animated comedy about the awkwardness of adolescence and puberty. Co-creator and star Nick Kroll confirmed the castings during the streamer’s Adult Animation Day FYC event April 20 in partnership with the TV Academy at NeueHouse Hollywood.

Short, for one, warbles a tune about the spectrum of sexuality while playing a “Canadian pansexual magician — the part he was born to play,” said Kroll during the Andy Richter-moderated Q&A which saw Kroll joined by executive producers Andrew Goldberg, Jennifer Flackett and Mark Levin; writer Emily Altman; and stars Jessi Klein, Jason Mantzoukas and Jenny Slate.

Big Mouth has been a big hit with critics and already boasts an A-list roster of talent like Jordan Peele, Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph, but there’s one person Kroll and crew really wanted for the still-undated season three: Howard Stern.

“I wrote him a very long letter,” Kroll says of his “impassioned” plea to snag the radio legend to voice Gavin the Hormone Monster from the season two finale. Kroll, who was introduced to Stern's radio show by Mantzoukas and counts himself and Goldberg as “regular listeners,” said the sensibilities of Stern’s show, which often features frank discussions about sex and sexuality, line up nicely with the storylines of Big Mouth.

Not so nice? Stern said no. “He didn’t do it,” Kroll explained of Stern’s loss, which was Bobby Cannavale’s gain. “He doesn’t do anything.”

Kroll did something during the event that few awards contenders ever do — he begged for it. “We really want an Emmy so badly, guys,” Kroll joked. “Being a truly hit show that the critics love and has bonded children and adults alike is not enough. I need an Emmy. I need it real bad. If I don’t get it, I’m going to kill myself. I want that to be weighing on your conscience.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...-_woq2QTK3Qtpw

Would've been awesome if Stern did this. Oh well...
Old 05-02-19, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Not surprised Stern said no. He hates doing anything.
Old 05-02-19, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Not surprised Stern said no. He hates doing anything.
Yup.

What is interesting though is just on Monday he was saying how cool it would be to be the voice in something when interviewing Seth Rogen and they mentioned The Lion King.
Old 05-02-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Yup.

What is interesting though is just on Monday he was saying how cool it would be to be the voice in something when interviewing Seth Rogen and they mentioned The Lion King.
I think the difference is one is a big budget hollywood movie and one is a TV show on Netflix. If he's doing something, it's something huge, not something small.
Old 07-26-19, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

3 season renewal: "Big Mouth" Renewed For Three More Seasons - Dark Horizons

Sweet.

Netflix has handed out a massive three-season renewal order for the Emmy Award-nominated animated series “Big Mouth,” an order which will take the show through to a sixth season.

The series stars the voices of Nick Kroll and John Mulaney as a pair of seventh-graders navigating the uncomfortable world of puberty.

“Big Mouth” will air its third season this Fall and with this massive renewal comes word that Brutus Pink – Nick Kroll, Andrew Goldberg, Mark Levin and Jennifer Flackett’s production company responsible for creating the show – has signed a multi-year deal with Netflix to produce additional animated shows and movies for the service.
Old 07-26-19, 02:10 PM

I’m going to go fuck my pillow in celebration.
Old 09-19-19, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Season 3, 10/04

Old 09-28-19, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 10-03-19, 08:48 PM

The world of Big Mouth is opening wider. As announced Thursday during the show’s panel at New York Comic Con, Netflix has ordered a new animated series titled Human Resources, “a workplace comedy set in the world of the monsters from … Big Mouth.”
https://tvline.com/2019/10/03/big-mo...9C5W_295U3w1no