DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2017 Edition - Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/641361-dvdtalk-survivor-game-fall-2017-edition-heroes-vs-healers-vs-hustlers.html)

Damfino 09-15-17 12:16 PM

The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2017 Edition - Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Welcome to the DVDTalk Survivor Game no. 18 for the Fall 2017 season!

The season premiere is Sept. 27 and this time it's Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers with an all new cast!

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/members/dam...urvivorhhh.jpg

The jist of the game: For an entry fee of just $5, everyone chooses one Survivor to latch on to before the reunion show. That is your guy. You root for that Survivor. If that Survivor ends up going all the way, then YOU will win a $70 Amazon.com gift certificate. 100% of the entry fees will go to the prize fund.

Second and Third place will receive $10 Amazon GCs!

General rules:

This will be the contest thread for the entire season.

We will be using the first to post method on draft night (Monday Sept 25, 9 PM EDT, 6 PM PDT). You may post 1 and only 1 name during the draft. This is strictly first-come-first-serve. Anybody posting a list will only have rights to the first name in the post. If that name has already been taken, you will need to post again.

This season's 18 Survivors are...

Heroes:
Alan
Ben
John
Chrissy
Ashley
Katrina

Healers:
Jessica
Roark
Cole
Joe
Desi
Mike

Hustlers:
Patrick
Alexandrea
Simone
Devon
Lauren
Ryan

Refer to the CBS web site for more information on this season's contestants

Post now if you want to play and I will contact you with my PayPal information by PM.

All payments must be made via PayPal by 3 AM EDT Monday Sept 25. If you haven't paid by then, your spot may be released to another player.

Bopper Rule: If for whatever reason, an announced Survivor contestant that you drafted is replaced by a substitute during the show, you will get the substitute in place of your original pick.

Please do not edit or delete posts during the draft, if your pick has already been taken or you were too early, you will need to post again. Screen captures will be taken during the draft and anyone caught deleting or editing a post will be given the last pick (AKA the Quack play) as a penalty. This rule will be strictly enforced.

The Borg are not a species.

Love Connection is a game show.

Please, please, please! Include your DVDTalk screen name in a comment with your PayPal payment! This is necessary so that I can match people up with their payments. Also, please use the "Send money to a friend" option as this will avoid seller fees.

If the contest doesn't sell out and an unclaimed Survivor wins, the prize will go to whoever has the highest finisher.

The draft will be held Monday, Sept 25 at 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific). The DVDTalk timestamp of your post determines validity. If you are too early, you will need to post again.

Good Luck!

Damfino 09-15-17 12:17 PM

Re: The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2017 Edition - Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Spots are currently reserved for:

Damfino $
Winky $
Silly Burrito $
Navinabob $
lwhy? $
Rob V $
dino88 $
0073735963 $
davidh777 $
Postermen $
Chowderhead $
GatorDeb $
DaveNinja $

2nd round
lwhy? $
Navinabob $
davidh777 $
Damfino $
lwhy? $

Damfino 09-15-17 12:17 PM

Re: The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2017 Edition - Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Where's JuryDuty?

My friend and partner in this endeavor, JuryDuty is taking a leave of absence this season to spend some quality time with his family. His reasoning is good and I support his decision. He is also hoping to return to the game for a future season.

With that in mind, I need a new graphic artist to help out this season. I need one of my loyal regulars in both the Survivor and Amazing Race games to step up and volunteer for this. I would prefer someone who has participated in at least the last 4 Survivor and Amazing Race games. (You know who you are!)

What's in it for you? The main perk is that you will receive pre-registration status in all future Survivor and Amazing Race games unless you opt out.

Damfino 09-15-17 12:18 PM

By popular demand, here is the DVDTalk Survivor game hall of fame:

1. Dadaluholla
2. Patman
3. Lunatikk
4. JuryDuty
5. Silly Burrito
6. Chowderhead
7. Davidh777
8. Quack
9. Jules Winfield
10. lwhy?
11. Damfino
12. Quack
13. Damfino
14. lwhy?
15. Davidh777
16. lwhy?
17. Navinabob
18. ?

Winky 09-15-17 03:06 PM

I am in.

Silly Burrito 09-15-17 03:14 PM

Ready to donate my $5 again! :)

Navinabob 09-15-17 03:35 PM

In!

lwhy? 09-15-17 03:52 PM

I'm in.

Rob V 09-15-17 03:56 PM

In!

dino88 09-15-17 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 13157480)
By popular demand, here is the DVDTalk Survivor game hall of fame:

1. Dadaluholla
2. Patman
3. Lunatikk
4. JuryDuty
5. Silly Burrito
6. Chowderhead
7. Davidh777
8. Quack
9. Jules Winfield
10. lwhy?
11. Damfino
12. Quack
13. Damfino
14. lwhy?
15. Davidh777
16. lwhy?
17. Navinabob
18. ?

I need to make this list. I'm in.

0073735963 09-16-17 06:43 AM

In for the donation...

Damfino 09-16-17 08:27 AM

All above are in.

Please don't send any money yet. Responses have been coming slower than usual even though I sent PM invitations to all of the regulars.

lwhy? 09-16-17 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 13157871)
All above are in.

Please don't send any money yet. Responses have been coming slower than usual even though I sent PM invitations to all of the regulars.

You should PM GatorDeb. I think she wanted in last year, but didn't discover the thread until after the draft.

davidh777 09-16-17 09:44 AM

In, please :wave:

Damfino 09-16-17 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13157872)
You should PM GatorDeb. I think she wanted in last year, but didn't discover the thread until after the draft.

Good idea. PM sent.

Damfino 09-16-17 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 13157891)
In, please :wave:

You're in!

postermen 09-16-17 11:46 PM

I'm in, and 99.9% certain I will forget about the draft as usual.

Damfino 09-17-17 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by postermen (Post 13158233)
I'm in, and 99.9% certain I will forget about the draft as usual.

You're in and payment info sent to all.

I'm hoping the slow response is because of the weekend.

lwhy? 09-17-17 06:55 PM

I'll give this a bump. Still looking for eight more entries. Everyone is welcome.

GatorDeb 09-18-17 03:02 AM

It says that the winner gets a $70 Amazon gift card but it also says that 100% of the entry fees goes to the prize funds. There is second, third place, etc? What if more than 14 people enter?

GatorDeb 09-18-17 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13157872)

Thanks! :)

lwhy? 09-18-17 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 13158774)
It says that the winner gets a $70 Amazon gift card but it also says that 100% of the entry fees goes to the prize funds. There is second, third place, etc? What if more than 14 people enter?

The game is limited to 18 people. ($90 total prize money) First place wins $70. Second and Third win $10 each. If we don't get 18 people then I believe the prize money will be adjusted.

Damfino 09-18-17 11:14 AM

lwhy? Is correct, if the game doesn't sell out the prizes will be reduced. This has only happened once before in the early years of the contest. We usually sell out now when I offer 2nd chance entries.

GatorDeb 09-18-17 01:29 PM

You know you only have to win once every 14 seasons or so to break even :lol:

Ooooohhhh I see we each get to pick 1 survivor and no one else gets it so no ties, and you have until the end of the first episode to pick a choice but the longer you wait until the end of the episode, the more change you give someone else to pick that name. Brilliant.

So you have from the second the first ep starts to air until it ends?

lwhy? 09-18-17 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 13159091)
You know you only have to win once every 14 seasons or so to break even :lol:

Ooooohhhh I see we each get to pick 1 survivor and no one else gets it so no ties, and you have until the end of the first episode to pick a choice but the longer you wait until the end of the episode, the more change you give someone else to pick that name. Brilliant.

So you have from the second the first ep starts to air until it ends?

No we have a draft on Monday, Sept 25 at 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific). The first post to post at that time gets the player they want. Most players are picked within 30mins of the draft.